IGNORED

The Official Champions V Leeds United Match Day Thread

We were unfortunate against Brentford due to Freeman's sending off.

We have been well on top this game, and 45 mins to go.

It just needs to fall for us.

It is thin lines. There were many times last season teams would have said they were more than matching us, we just scored more! We are now looking at it from the other end of the telescope. Have not seen it, but if it was four on one, then that really should not happen - last minute or two when chasing, but that is it. At the moment teams must think soak up some pressure, do the basics right, and chances will come.

Hopefully we can turn this one around.

Just seen the penalty incident on the TV and yes it did look like he played for it, but what the hell was Hamer doing coming out for it? If he stays on his line it's still a difficult chance for the Leeds player to convert; and there were more red shirts in the box than I thought there would be also. 

So frustrating at the moment. Still think we can win this 2-1 mind. 

• Like 1

There is when you make completely stupid choices.

Wing back trying to take on 2 players when he has easy passes left and right, then wonders why they have a 3/4 on 1 situation. Absolutely schoolboy mistakes made in every game so far costing us stupid goals.

Good point, but I guess there would potentially be more room for error with a different system?

Difficult decisions for Cotterill to make, although a clinical striker (i.e. Gray) will hopefully make our dominance count

• Admin

He didn't touch the Leeds player, the Leeds player pushed it past him and dived to the floor.

I've watched it 20 times now and it was 100% never a penalty.

So you can't blame the keeper.

You see it every week, as soon as the keeper goes down with no chance of getting the ball a pen is about to follow. It's naive goalkeeping every time.

Such ridiculous goalkeeping from Hamer for the penalty. There was no way he was getting the ball & as soon as he went to ground he was gifting them a pen. I was already screaming "NO!" before the Leeds player went down :(

Harsh. He should have stayed on his feet but why was he out in that situation in the first place? Because of terrible decision making and trying to be audacious instead of a simple pass. Got to blame those who allow a 4 on 1 as soon as we lose the ball!

Wing backs playing as wingers on the edge of the opposition box....your centre defenders better be bloody good or that's what happens. Doubly frustrating when you've undone yourself by crap decision making

• Like 1

The only scapegoats are lady luck at the moment and one mad decision which cost us and one more with the potential to.

There's no gulf in class here nor was there against Brentford.

No need for panic. I'm enjoying watching us play some good football and good performances will on average be rewarded.

In the modern game you are gifting the attacker a pen by going down. It's not right & we can cry about that as much as we like but stay on your feet it's not a pen.

Agreed, but I think the blame lies with getting caught 4-1 at conceding, if he doesn't go to ground he scores or at least creates an opportunity to, the bloke dived, not every player does, you can't stop your natural game because a player may dive, no one would ever make a tackle.

The only scapegoats are lady luck at the moment and one mad decision which cost us and one more with the potential to.

There's no gulf in class here nor was there against Brentford.

No need for panic. I'm enjoying watching us play some good football and good performances will on average be rewarded.

That's what's frustrating. Better team against Brentford and tonight, both times undone by poor decision making and only our own mistakes making it easy for the oppo.

Can someone at the game confirm if Pack or Smith are sitting deep protecting our central defenders? Or are they both charging forward with both wing backs making us hopelessly exposed?

Pack certainly collecting from deep. Getting little change from our cross field balls.

Wouldn't say either seem particularly restricted no. But I wouldn't say Leeds have had much joy in general.

You see it every week, as soon as the keeper goes down with no chance of getting the ball a pen is about to follow. It's naive goalkeeping every time.

I know what your saying, I actually think the keeper pulled out of the challenge.

Interestingly, the ref appears to be trying to look around 2-3 players to get a view of the incident, there's no way he got a clear view of it.

That was tough to take, going in at one down, but please don't over-react if we lose again.

We are in a bl**dy difficult division, yes we walked League One last season but did the people on here who predicted we'd go straight up again truly believe that?!

Working in football brings unbelievable pressure and I'm glad that the views of everyone on here represent a tiny minority of our fanbase. If all our fans had the same views as some on here then our management team would simply break under the expectation levels.

When I'm talking with the chaps and chapesses in the pub a great sense of realism is evident, and I still think, as I've said all along, that we'll finish 17th, and that would be brill!

We'll win a few, we'll lose a few, we'll draw a few - last season was amazing, one of the best in our history.

Enjoy the memories when you can but realise the next nine months will be tough....

• Like 1