IGNORED

The Official Champions V Leeds United Match Day Thread

The only scapegoats are lady luck at the moment and one mad decision which cost us and one more with the potential to.

There's no gulf in class here nor was there against Brentford.

No need for panic. I'm enjoying watching us play some good football and good performances will on average be rewarded.

Glad I didnt panic. Saved a whole lot of worrying ..... Not haha

Stand by the point though. I see no reason we can't hold our own just get a bit more composure and get a bit more cohesion.

So happy for the group we have on the pitch. Credit to their work ethic, that point.

Now the mismanagement off the pitch must be dealt with. Improve the squad.

All bar the goalie were here last year at the end.

Not entirely sure it is the squad as such, although better players help, or even the system. Its a balance, but seems we are to ambitious, and far to open to the break. Confidence also comes in to it, and today must help that.

All bar the goalie were here last year at the end.

Not entirely sure it is the squad as such, although better players help, or even the system. Its a balance, but seems we are to ambitious, and far to open to the break. Confidence also comes in to it, and today must help that.

The problem isn't with the players we have, I think we have a very talented squad, even at this level. It's unfair on them how mismanaged our dealings off the pitch have been. We should have strengthened by now, instead we're weaker. Hopefully we can remedy that quickly, starting with Gray.

Stats from tonight really prove my point about our defending. Fantastic offensive formation but three chances conceded and two of those resulted in goals. Both of which stemmed from getting caught out making poor decisions.

Absolutely buzzing though. Really feels like a win and a big confidence boost going into a really rough away game.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Feel sorry for sc ... Not been backed enough as of yet !!!! Clearly knows the areas to stenghthen but not paying enough ... Last year burns and Reid were not good enough , but now in the league above he has to include them . He does his work very early pre season and was not given the tools to do it this !!!!

You couldn't have been there. Based on Burns so far and Reid for his cameo he's no pauper.

Stats from tonight really prove my point about our defending. Fantastic offensive formation but three chances conceded and two of those resulted in goals. Both of which stemmed from getting caught out making poor decisions.

Absolutely buzzing though. Really feels like a win and a big confidence boost going into a really rough away game.

image.jpg

Ian would say those stats are wrong.
  • Like 1

What, the one saying we need 3/4 signings and that a point tonight doesn't change that? How is that wrong? He praised the players we do have out there, just spoke about our poor pre-season. I share exactly the same thoughts.

He contradicted himself once maybe twice, talked sense then drivel and a bit of sense.. about in that order. Most times i find that bloke alright. Tonight he was all over the place.

Fact is he was allowed to go on and on. Rad Briz at its best of course.

He contradicted himself once maybe twice, talked sense then drivel and a bit of sense.. about in that order. Most times i find that bloke alright. Tonight he was all over the place.

Fact is he was allowed to go on and on. Rad Briz at its best of course.

I only caught the last few minutes but what he was saying seemed completely sensible to me.

Good on ya.

In fact il go one better, alchohol clearly clouded my judgement of the game because I didn't realise quite how much we dominated possession and chances (according to the stats on sky).

In my defence, when you are 2-0 down in a bar full of Leeds scum, you need to drink a LOT to get through it.

I still have concerns over the 3-5-2 in this league, but it's clear to see the fight and team spirit exists, and that's worth a lot!

Steve says we battered them.. thought he might.. sounded like we did.

Ref made an error, we made an error. . both goals.

Fantastic spirit of the players.

Deservedly got something but not what we deserved.

When we correct small errors we will be a force to be reckoned with in this league.

We snapped out of the penalty decision after 5 minutes.

He watched the replay at HT. Hamer never touched him.

Very abrupt about Gray: "nothing to talk about thanks"

Then he faded away... why?... because more of it coming pre Boro.

In fact il go one better, alchohol clearly clouded my judgement of the game because I didn't realise quite how much we dominated possession and chances (according to the stats on sky).

In my defence, when you are 2-0 down in a bar full of Leeds scum, you need to drink a LOT to get through it.

I still have concerns over the 3-5-2 in this league, but it's clear to see the fight and team spirit exists, and that's worth a lot!

It is obviously frustrating being two down with no time left, and I was with you!

Listening, what was most frustrating was it just seemed so easy for Leeds. We were on top for long periods, and then we were murdered on a break. Repeat.

Hopefully, just a case of getting the balance right. I honestly think it is that as much as signing x number of players.

Edited by cityexile

I didn't half get some funny looks sat. listening, on my headphones, in the bar of my hotel in Osterode, Germany when that 2nd goal went in!! :P

Well done City.

Haha! I'm sat in a hotel bar in deepest, darkest Worcestershire whilst working away. Dunno if anyone saw the fist-pump and faintly audible '******g get in' when I saw the full time score.