IGNORED

Bobby Changed The Game

Nomad

As brilliant as the come back was....and was enjoyed, let's not get carried away with Reid and Burns. Reid is one who needs to be replaced and, overall, is not good enough if we want to progress at this standard. Burns....jury still out for me. Certainly not ready for a starting place week in week out.

Would love them to be good enough and take this league by storm, but let's be realistic here please

Let's be realistic, even a summer can be a long time in a young player's development. You're talking nonsense. Now is the time to encourage and too congratulate him and not knock his confidence by suggesting 'every dog has its day'.

As brilliant as the come back was....and was enjoyed, let's not get carried away with Reid and Burns. Reid is one who needs to be replaced and, overall, is not good enough if we want to progress at this standard. Burns....jury still out for me. Certainly not ready for a starting place week in week out.

Would love them to be good enough and take this league by storm, but let's be realistic here please

Whilst I agree in part, I also disagree with the part that Reid is not good enough. I think he is, but struggles against the 'bigger boys' and lasting the full 90. He still needs to hit the gym, as he has all the attributes of being a great midfielder. One swallow does not make a summer, so I'd advise caution before we all get into a "I've always said he was good, you slated me" swinging contest.

Burns is the one who is more raw with blistering pace. I struggle to know where his best position is to be honest... Striker? Winger? RWB?

But, I've always rated both Burns and Reid, I'm also pleased that cotts seems to be giving them time and a chance to develop.

Is werid how this forum turned on Reid and Burns last season, but both made their debuts when we were last in this league and were clearly good enough then/ SO it's not a shock that they are producing now.

I'll never get this forum, is crazy

I can't believe performances in a bog league like League Two is enough to determine a player could not slot in on a better surface and improve his performance even simply as a result of surrounded by much better quality.

i thought Robinson did ok considering it was his first start, made some great runs bit Kodjia didn't get his head up.

Saying that Fredricks looked pretty awful and Williams I think might struggle at this level on the evidence of the last home games.

Wouldn't have any issues with Burns starting at RWB at home games....Reid for me could do a job off the bench.

Agree - felt he was close to MOTM from just ten minutes, far more composed and able to find a teammate than any of his colleagues, our passing and through balls for the most part were awful. Pack was much worse than he was at Hillsborough, Reid was the positive, along with Korey Smith getting his game back for the first time this season.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet!

He came on and played ok against a very poor Leeds team. Wouldn't say he has proven himself at this level yet!

Shaking my head reading these comments and  finally a voice of reason.

We will not play many worse and negative teams than Leeds.

We shot ourselves twice in the foot ( and no more moans about opposition kicking the ball out when one of our players is injured ) and the game was petering out to a tame 2-0 defeat until agards goal out of nothing.

Definitely papering over large cracks and if anyone thinks we would survive playing reid and burns regularly then they are in cloud cuckoo land.

I'll reiterate...Leeds are a very poor side.

Let's be realistic, even a summer can be a long time in a young player's development. You're talking nonsense. Now is the time to encourage and too congratulate him and not knock his confidence by suggesting 'every dog has its day'.

I honestly think you are getting carried away with the emotions of the last five minutes.

Very surprised by your comments as they are normally very forthright.

Shaking my head reading these comments and finally a voice of reason.

We shot ourselves twice in the foot ( and no more moans about opposition kicking the ball out when one of our players is injured ) and the game was petering out to a tame 2-0 defeat until agards goal out of nothing.

Definitely papering over large cracks and if anyone thinks we would survive playing reid and burns regularly then they are in cloud cuckoo land.

Really? Looked an almost textbook away performance to me. Came here and slowed the tempo and picked us off on the counter attack. I say they had a plan and it very nearly worked.

I stand by it. League two is no barometer for how you can perform in the Championship and we have no reason to expect this lad cannot do it, and I recall games like Charlton away and others from a few years ago. I also stand by the summer is a long time in development terms. And also the added confidence he can take from being around the first team.

He has the quality and he has demonstrated it, he now deserves the chance to get some consistency, IMO.

Perhaps I'm carried away; but I don't think it. I think it too early to write this boy off.

Shaking my head reading these comments and  finally a voice of reason.

Leeds were very organised and set up well. Our defence should hang its head but I don't think this Leeds team will concede too many this year. Not a bad side, just negative imo.

Really? Looked an almost textbook away performance to me. Came here and slowed the tempo and picked us off on the counter attack. I say they had a plan and it very nearly worked.

I stand by it. League two is no barometer for how you can perform in the Championship and we have no reason to expect this lad cannot do it, and I recall games like Charlton away and others from a few years ago. I also stand by the summer is a long time in development terms. And also the added confidence he can take from being around the first team.

He has the quality and he has demonstrated it, he now deserves the chance to get some consistency, IMO.

Perhaps I'm carried away; but I don't think it. I think it too early to write this boy off.

Well lets play burns and reid on Saturday and see what the outcome is.

How anyone can say Reid did not have a direct impact on the game given he had a hand in both goals is beyond me. Burns looked lively and Agard also gave us something when he came on - poor goalkeeping for his goal but he scored it nonetheless.

Cotterill has got to look at the formation or the personnel because we got caught on the break yet again. The second goal was Sunday Pub Team defending. We had FIVE players trying to track back in a line FORTY yards behind the play!! The first goal was also a comedy of errors from various people including the ref but, again, they broke on us and sliced us open. Brentford, we got caught on the break. Sheffield, second goal on the break. You cannot get caught out on the break as often as we do and not do something about it.

On the positive side, IF Cotterill can do his job and get the players in we need we will only be travelling in one direction as the season progresses.

Every dog does have his day that's the point.

I'm amazed at how many people, on one 25 minute showing....now genuinely believes "he has come of age". He just is not good enough. Everyone has an opinion though.

Let's see what happens if he starts Saturday. And before anyone says....I will be praying to be proved wrong.

Not sure about either BR or WB making it at this level but at the point when they came on we looked like we didn't have as scooby what to do next, heads were down and we looked as if we could play till next Christmas without creating a threat

They, (and I thought Korey. Smith with some chasing and a couple of challenges) 'sparked' us and Reid slipping his marker for Agards goal was more than Robinson contributed in his hour plus

Every dog does have his day that's the point.

I'm amazed at how many people, on one 25 minute showing....now genuinely believes "he has come of age". He just is not good enough. Everyone has an opinion though.

Let's see what happens if he starts Saturday. And before anyone says....I will be praying to be proved wrong.

Many were saying Bryan was worse than Cunningham last summer. But he came back of the break a different beast. Perhaps Bobby has done the same. To say he is now ready is premature but you writing him off is also premature. Lets give him a few games (or at least the next two till Freeman is back) and judge him then 

Reid looked tidy in pre-season.

Only issue is that he may not be able to last 90 mins. However then can bring Robinson on.

I though CR played really well whilst he was on the pitch. Had plenty of energy, linked well with midfield and attack, and seemed to fit in well.

Not saying BR wasn't decent when he came on, but let's give CR sone credit too.

Wes was awful for first 5-10 minutes he came on, but he kept persevering, and git more effective as the game wore on.

Neither BR or WB are finished articles by any stretch, but the bench doesn't look so weak as done people were making out.

Ried reminds me of Byran before last season, showed glimpses of what he could do but couldn't do it consistantly over 90 mins or several games.  It came all together last season and Bryan turned into a very good player, imo if Ried can do the same he'll also turn into a handy player, the technical ability is there its his consistancy and application that is holding him back. Potential is there, but can he reach it like Bryan?

As for Burns, he's still only 20! Loads of potential there, give him time, remember Bryan has 2 years on him! So only fair to give him another 1 - 2 years to develop. Personally out of the two though, Burns is the one I think who will most likely make it.

Bobby put in extra work before the pre-season started as did JB

Hes a tremendously talented individual who just perhaps needs a run of a few games.

JB was in and out of the side before he cemented his place last season, and now is a given to start if fit.

What's to say Bobby can't do the same.

I was concerned when Reid came on as imo he's always had potential but didn't feel he could change the game. How wrong I was. Full of energy, hungry and chomping at the bit coupled with a lovely assist for our first goal. Hopefully he'll kick on this year and develop. 

Admittedly Leeds were poor but for me what showed up is that after all the pantomimes chasing the over-priced, we are good enough with the squad we have. Codger could have had 3 , Bobby turned the game, Kieran will run through concrete for City to get a goal, the stats show we bossed it but made stupid mistakes.

Marlon and Derrick are okay when they have time but are not quick enough in this Leauge in an emergency. Marlon more or less gave up on the chase back.

Regarding what I consider to be cobblers about Reid not being strong enough I recall that Wilson used to say the same sort of thing about Lita, nonsense.

Start Bobby and Wes over Pack and Williams.

I've written elsewhere that I'm quite shocked that Bobby and Wes after not even making our bench much in a League One are suddenly finding themselves the saviours last night. Maybe the last few months has been a major turnaround for them. Maybe seeing new players come in from outside and take what should be their places was a jolt? Who knows, last night it worked, let's see what happens next.

Archived