IGNORED

Fredericks/little

Kingswoodactor

Not quite settled yet, which is a shame after all the rave reviews I saw on him from Boro fans. At fault for the first goal by all accounts and getting booked in the 3rd minute shows a real lack of experience. 

He's one for the future and I'm sure he'll improve, but I'm looking forward to getting Little back in the side ASAP. 

Little has to start if fit.

Early days with Fredericks but seems to be on a different pitch to the rest of the team most the time. Very naive in the way he plays and this was shown more than anything tonight.

Much as Joe Bryan isn't a full back or a winger but a perfect wing back, I get the impression Fredericks isn't a wing back but more an out and out full back.

Not quite settled yet, which is a shame after all the rave reviews I saw on him from Boro fans. At fault for the first goal by all accounts and getting booked in the 3rd minute shows a real lack of experience. 

He's one for the future and I'm sure he'll improve, but I'm looking forward to getting Little back in the side ASAP. 

It's alright. We have Burns

I agree - I think Fredericks will settle and become a real asset to City, similar to Tavernier.

But, at the moment, I cannot wait for Little to come back.

Yes. Tavenier took a few games to settle in the role. I want Little back as well but I'm not writing Fredericks off yet.

I wouldn't change JUST for Fredericks. My opinion is that in this league, the system we play (at least with the attacking minded ball playing CBs we use) leaves us too open and will be costly.

Thus far, it has been simple errors more than the system that have cost us though! Maybe this come back will help that though! 

I wouldn't change JUST for Fredericks. My opinion is that in this league, the system we play (at least with the attacking minded ball playing CBs we use) leaves us too open and will be costly.

Thus far, it has been simple errors more than the system that have cost us though! Maybe this come back will help that though! 

The back 5 needs more discipline. We were too often caught out with Ayling, Bryan and Fredericks too far up the field. Only two can go at once and smith or pack should sit meaning we always have 4 players back

One of the worst performances (Fredericks)!ive seen in a City shirt for a long time

Caught in possession lost the ball in a shocking,position ,trying to be clever for their first and worse of all I watched him in first half for 15 mins or so and he looks so unfit it's ridiculous - wasn't going forward, wasn't tracking back, no picking up an opponent - was completely blowing thro his a** without moving 10 yes in either direction - embarrassing - looked like a non league trialist

Quite obviously better than tonight's showing but dear oh dear

I'm not sure if I would say Fredericks was our worst player - the number of times we tried and failed to pick him out with high balls that hung in the air was ridiculous. Pack and Smith should have figure out after the 3rd attempt that he wasn't going to win the headers and adjusted or tried something different! Love the thought to spread the play but was difficult for him to get involved with what he was being offered going forward

In terms of pure attacking, he beat his man and put in a good cross or two! Defensively we were a shambles though..

Interesting that Fredericks was blowing after 40 minutes. He looked completely off the pace.

Before that - not sure I can remember in all my years of football watching a player after 30 mins who was blowing so much he couldn't break even into a jog

Looked like a 30 a day smoking Sunday Footballer who'd rolled out of bed 20 mins before kick off cos his mates were one short

Embarrassing

• Admin

Couldn't understand Fredericks tonight, he was often left on the right touchline unmarked, but never once called for the ball and just meandered up and down the touchline, but as soon as burns came on balls were played to that side

At times he looked like someone injured who had to stay on as all the subs were used

Don't know about anyone else but I find it shameful that a young player looks so unfit 3 games into a season

Wtf has he been doing all summer - he might have known he was on the move so did he decide to have a few extra weeks in Aya Nappa & not to bother to maintain his fitness or do any pre season before he joined us ???

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And as for trying to beat a man when you are last man instead of putting your foot through it (first goal) just mind blowing

Thought he was Norman Hunter Poland 1973

Fredericks looked a bit lost, the ball rarely reached him and his was the decisive contribution to their break away for the first goal. I hope SC can raise his spirits.

We're missing Mark Little's drive and experience. He balanced the right side of defence very well last season.

interesting how people see things differently, I thought he did OK. Obviously caught out for the goal, but thought his pace and direct running was refreshing, and he can actually cross a ball well unlike Little. Thought he was superb on Saturday.

I'd have him over Little all day long

Surprised at some of the comments about Fredrick's. When Fredrick's arrived on loan after Damias injury (think around October), Fredrick's played 13 games until his injury (around Xmas) and was excellent and part of the best championship defence last year. Good containing and going forward. Looked a real player and to go on to greater things (personally at one point thought he would be pushing for a place in spurs team this season at one point).

After his injury he only played one game though, everyone was surprised why karanka was not playing him once kalas's loan expired, preferring dean whitehead over him at right back. Strange one, if he starts playing as he did at the end of last year, you have a very good player on your hands.

Karanka has said he tried to sign him perminantly, but think there has been a falling out for not playing him when he was fit.

Surprised at some of the comments about Fredrick's. When Fredrick's arrived on loan after Damias injury (think around October), Fredrick's played 13 games until his injury (around Xmas) and was excellent and part of the best championship defence last year. Good containing and going forward. Looked a real player and to go on to greater things (personally at one point thought he would be pushing for a place in spurs team this season at one point).

After his injury he only played one game though, everyone was surprised why karanka was not playing him once kalas's loan expired, preferring dean whitehead over him at right back. Strange one, if he starts playing as he did at the end of last year, you have a very good player on your hands.

Karanka has said he tried to sign him perminantly, but think there has been a falling out for not playing him when he was fit.

He is either finding playing wingback a real challenge or isn't fit. Am I right in saying boro played him in a back 4?

One of the worst performances (Fredericks)!ive seen in a City shirt for a long time

Caught in possession lost the ball in a shocking,position ,trying to be clever for their first and worse of all I watched him in first half for 15 mins or so and he looks so unfit it's ridiculous - wasn't going forward, wasn't tracking back, no picking up an opponent - was completely blowing thro his a** without moving 10 yes in either direction - embarrassing - looked like a non league trialist

Quite obviously better than tonight's showing but dear oh dear

Before that - not sure I can remember in all my years of football watching a player after 30 mins who was blowing so much he couldn't break even into a jog

Looked like a 30 a day smoking Sunday Footballer who'd rolled out of bed 20 mins before kick off cos his mates were one short

Embarrassing

Don't know about anyone else but I find it shameful that a young player looks so unfit 3 games into a season

Wtf has he been doing all summer - he might have known he was on the move so did he decide to have a few extra weeks in Aya Nappa & not to bother to maintain his fitness or do any pre season before he joined us ???

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And as for trying to beat a man when you are last man instead of putting your foot through it (first goal) just mind blowing

Thought he was Norman Hunter Poland 1973

Not that impressed then were you???

:no:

As mentioned above and by others unless only 1 defender attacks at a time plus maybe one other if Smith is back as well as pack then we will keep conceding.

With this in mind burns will not start as he too attacking. I would like to see burns come on maybe behind the front two or Just plain up front. Its a shame we don't play wingers as burns would start if we did.

No idea what's up but looked like he was hiding from the ball for most of the Leeds match. As others have said felt like we were playing with 10 men.

Most odd - total lack of confidence, unfit or both? Certainly, doesn't fit the 'everyone's a leader' team ethic at the moment.

Anyhow's, sure there's far, far better to come.

Disagree. Think Fredericks will be better. Need to play a back 4 and have him right back I reckon. Anyone know where he played for boro?

Why would we do that when we don't have a left back?

As for Fredericks, clearly not used to the wing back role, but think he has all the potential to grow into it. Nice to have options, considering that's about the only area of the pitch we do have more than one player!

Archived