IGNORED

Fredericks/little

Kingswoodactor

Odd that people are now praising Tavernier so much, I recall after Colchester away last year many suggesting he was a liability, with good reason. Personally I think a fully fit Little is quality and much underrated, sadly I'm not convinced he's going to get back to the player he was anytime soon.

I wonder if he was surprised at how much Ayling bombs forward from the position next to him.

As a wing back i imagine he would have anticipated he would be the one who commits to the majority of the attacking play down that side

Hopefully once they both play more together they will find a better understanding

Fredericks is probably just lacking match practice. He didn't get much game time at all pre season for Spurs, so he's currently quite a way behind the rest of the squad fitness wise. Playing wing back is the worst position i could think to play if not fully fit. 

Like Tavernier, I expect him to get a lot better the more games he plays.

For me Fredericks looks like somebody not used to playing that role, perhaps a bit confidence struck too. Perhaps it's linked to fitness as well but right now he isn't looking the part. I must admit I actually preferred Tavs to Litts once he was settled in so was a bit gutted he never came back. I do wonder how far off ML is though, the mobility comments from Cotts makes me wonder if he'll ever be the same player again.

If ML is fit, I think SC would give him the nod....but I doubt he is ready yet.

RF messed up fir the goal, and did seem to be taking instruction from SC on one occasion when Leeds knocked the ball in his direction.

As for lacking fitness, I'm not convinced he is, or at least not far off 100%. You're asked to play in an advanced position the way Citys WBs okay, and work up and back. Even ML looked a bit puffed in games last season. Add to that you're constantly ahead of the play, when MP keeps knocking passes 10 yards short, and you have to keep sprinting back. No wonder he's feeling the pace.

When we did get the ball to him in advanced areas of the pitch I thought he did well.....ditto Brentford.

Once he gets his head round when to go and when not to (like JB has learned) he will be fine. Tavenier was the same for first few games, and in fact LA suffered as a result. At least RF isn't affecting LA's form....he's been superb the last two games. Don't forget a lot of you were saying LA will get exposed at this level....he's a good footballer who can adapt IMHO.

We played many more passes to feet when WBs was on, or if we did rake a pass, we actually found him!!!

I suppose one other aspect is that RF will be looking to impress against the team he was at last season, do who knows.....he might play a blinder.

No idea what's up but looked like he was hiding from the ball for most of the Leeds match. As others have said felt like we were playing with 10 men.

Most odd - total lack of confidence, unfit or both? Certainly, doesn't fit the 'everyone's a leader' team ethic at the moment.

Anyhow's, sure there's far, far better to come.

He didn't have a great game and was at fault for the 2nd . However I did notice that the midfield especially the 2nd were mostly left sided and that if he did get the ball there was only ayling to support him .

Not that I blame them Bryan is a great but it does make us rather predictable and also Doesn't help balls are whooshed to him and then soon as burns comes on its played to his feet

He is either finding playing wingback a real challenge or isn't fit. Am I right in saying boro played him in a back 4?

Yes we play a back 4 but full backs are free to go forward. He looks very comfortable going forward and pretty solid defensively. He only played 1 game from Xmas for us though, think he will come good for you lot.

Could it not just be a case that after a very early booking against Leeds, he was just trying to keep a low profile and get through the game without putting himself on the line and risking reducing us down to 10 men again, especially after that being so fresh in the mind from Saturday..?

I'm not saying it's right, but possibly understandable from an inexperienced young player who's worried about letting the team down by getting sent off.

It's way to early to write him off as some people are!

So he signs for a new team on Thursday and plays Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday. I guess he has had 6 training sessions. He's been a right back by trade and is trying to learn a new role for a new manager with a new team. Nice to see some people cut him some slack.

He's probably wasting energy making the wrong run as he's not used to the role. He also will begin to read his team mates and know when to make a run.

Give him some time to allow him to settle then form a judgement.

So he signs for a new team on Thursday and plays Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Wednesday. I guess he has had 6 training sessions. He's been a right back by trade and is trying to learn a new role for a new manager with a new team. Nice to see some people cut him some slack.

He's probably wasting energy making the wrong run as he's not used to the role. He also will begin to read his team mates and know when to make a run.

Give him some time to allow him to settle then form a judgement.

That and he didn't have much of a preseason with Spurs and he was even a converted right sided midfielder to right back as well. It took Tavenier plenty of time to adapt and he became quite good. I'm sure he'll prove a steal in time. I think we'll be flying by mid October

Archived