IGNORED

Derrick Williams

Lew-T

Glad he had a good game yesterday to shut a few critics up ( for now). He's only 22 , and although he did have a poor game against Brentford, he will keep improving, as he has since he's been here . He has his limitations as a footballing defender , but probably the best technical defender we have , with timing,strength and pace .

Why spend millions to get in someone no better and break up the understanding we currently have ?

Accusing people of being Gas because they dare say something that could be perceived as criticising someone connected with the club is getting very boring, Spoons.

sorry to hear that. Funny my idea of supporting a club, is to support all the players . You are only as strong as your weakest player

very well founded?? Says who?? An opinion from someone who clearly listens to game on the radio. Last season dw was a great performer for us. We signed him as a young defender with massive potential. He ended up playing vital part of our defence Las season. This season all of our squad needs to time to adapt, dw is no different. Today was outstanding. What are you trying to achieve with constant useless dribble about dw?? I smell gas

I have noted your apology to Nogbad; but that said, this must be one of the daftest things I have ever read on here (and that is saying something !)

To suggest that Nogbad is "gas", is a bit like suggesting to the Pope that he is a muslim !

Priceless ! :rofl2br:

I have noted your apology to Nogbad; but that said, this must be one of the daftest things I have ever read on here (and that is saying something !)

To suggest that Nogbad is "gas", is a bit like suggesting to the Pope that he is a muslim !

likewise I feel that some of the daftest things I have read have been on this thread regarding Derek Williams 3 games in to a championship season. To be honest not quite sure what its got to do with you? Anyway look forward to some tasty debate in the futre

• Admin

Gas? Well done indeed, I'm 57 and being called 'gas' is certainly a first for me.

I doubt there's one poster less 'gas' on this forum than me. I ******* hate them.

FYI 'Spoons' I attend all the home games and have done for the past 45 seasons. I've also followed City to over 60 different away grounds in all 4 divisions. 

On to Williams. In the games I've seen this season - at AG - Williams has struggled. That's not 'slagging him off' it's my opinion based on what I've seen and is clearly shared by many others on this forum, if not you.

I've never written him off or been in any way unpleasant in my posts, simply pointed out his frailties as I see them.

That's permitted on a forum, I believe, and if you can disagree without ranting, that's fine too. 

I can think of several posters who have been far more vocal and personal in their criticisms, some evident on this very thread, so a bit of a mystery why you're singling me out to harangue.

For the record I'm very pleased for DW he apparently had a much needed more solid game today - we all want him to do well, and if he can now be consistent, then he's got a good chance of fighting off the competition certain to arrive from new defensive signings.

I wouldn't worry, he's quickly developing a reputation for jumping on anyone who dares say anything even remotely critical of the club.

• Admin

To suggest that Nogbad is "gas", is a bit like suggesting to the Pope that he is a muslim !

Almost 16k posts on OTIB yet Nogbad has been hiding the fact that he's secretly Gas. Thankfully Spoons has now exposed him for what he truly is :D

I wouldn't worry, he's quickly developing a reputation for jumping on anyone who dares say anything even remotely critical of the club.

just find it odd that people who Support city then choose to be so critical and cover up as opinions and debate. Been a reader and not a poster for a while but this season couldn't sit back and get frustrated anymore!!

likewise I feel that some of the daftest things I have read have been on this thread regarding Derek Williams 3 games in to a championship season. To be honest not quite sure what its got to do with you? Anyway look forward to some tasty debate in the futre

You've clearly not been here long then.

And for the record; did you not ask yourself why someone you suspected of being a sag would have pictures of himself posing with Millen, GJ and even Gerry Gow (before the internet was even invented) in his signature?   :facepalm:

Agree or disagree with Nogbad, calling him gas is pretty out there...  :blink:

You've clearly not been here long then.

And for the record; did you not ask yourself why someone you suspected of being a sag would have pictures of himself posing with Millen, GJ and even Gerry Gow (before the internet was even invented) in his signature? :facepalm:

Agree or disagree with Nogbad, calling him gas is pretty out there... :blink:

and for the record I've already cleared up with nogbad so I'm sure he doesn't need you sticking your nose in

just find it odd that people who Support city then choose to be so critical and cover up as opinions and debate. Been a reader and not a poster for a while but this season couldn't sit back and get frustrated anymore!!

What precisely do you think the point of a forum is, Spoons?

To just post everything is great and nothing could be improved and nothing the club, manager or players do can ever be criticised? Do we just log in to post COYR on match days and then spend the rest of the time respectfully cyber cheering?

It is because people like Nogbad, myself and 95% of regular posters are such passionate City fans, so keen for our team to succeed, that we do occasionally raise concerns.

And how we do that is by discussion and debate with other posters on this forum - it functions as a place for opinions to be vented: just like chatting about City in the pub, the workplace; wherever.

What precisely do you think the point of a forum is, Spoons?

To just post everything is great and nothing could be improved and nothing the club, manager or players do can ever be criticised? Do we just log in to post COYR on match days and then spend the rest of the time respectfully cyber cheering?

It is because people like Nogbad, myself and 95% of regular posters are such passionate City fans, so keen for our team to succeed, that we do occasionally raise concerns.

And how we do that is by discussion and debate with other posters on this forum - it functions as a place for opinions to be vented: just like chatting about City in the pub, the workplace; wherever.

well put, but because I seem to be on the other side of the discussion I look forward to lively debate. Although I did like it when you said occasionally raise concerns!

It's pathetic sadly, players who were the backbone of a championship winning season getting slated 4 games in

Same few as well who have been doing it to different players for years...the moronic so called fan that is Nogood the bad is one of the worst on here for it.

You wonder if incoming players or their agents have a look at this forum before coming into a club and say...fans like that screw that, looking at the Gray interview yesterday joining burnley he spoke to a number of people about joining Burnley and Working for Dyche, heard good things and signed

Dyche ironically one of the many ex players whose confidence was destroy by so called City fans years ago

I agree, someone on here called Frank a ******g moron during the Sheffield Wednesday game....I called him/her out for it and they defended it....pathetic

Almost 16k posts on OTIB yet Nogbad has been hiding the fact that he's secretly Gas. Thankfully Spoons has now exposed him for what he truly is :D

Yeah, but it was only a matter of time before Nogbad The Gas slipped up and broke cover.  Surprised nobody spotted his smoke and mirrors back in the Alan Dicks era!      :gasmask:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:   Move along now, nothing to see here........

Williams made 2 last ditch tackles in the first half to keep us in the game. Defended very well in one on ones and don't think he got the run around at any stage.

I would agree his passing needs to improve at least to the level it was last season but to say all that is just ridiculous.

Archived