IGNORED

Agard Up To The Challenge?

reddogkev

I think it went so well against Leeds due him coming on late - Leeds were obviously tired and his high intensity worked. I am not so sure he would make the same impact if he had started, however I would definitely give him the opportunity.

Agard is still not 100% fit, neither is Kodjia.  SC said as much in his post match Wednesday.  He said that if we get a good hour out of Kodjia and use Agard for the last 30, then that's what he will have to do.

Lets give both players time to get fully fit before passing judgment. This pairing could be highly successful in this league.

I wonder if this time next year, we are discussing how we manage to hold onto this two.  I fancy both to get at least 15 this season, if they become our main pairing.

Stevo

I would really like to see Agard and Kodjia as a pairing. But only because Agard does the running that Wilbs doesn't. I still think we should be looking for someone new to start with Kodjia as I don't see Agard scoring enough unless he's totally changed since his injury.

He is good enough to score 15 goals, at least, at this level. He is in some way the forgotten man, and has a lot to prove, I like the bloke too, a good solid pro.

There's nothing I'd like to see more! But 15 goals puts him up near what Gray put away last season, and it's got to be said that he looks twice the player of Agard.

Think him and Kodjia could partner well in time.

I would really like to see Agard and Kodjia as a pairing. But only because Agard does the running that Wilbs doesn't. I still think we should be looking for someone new to start with Kodjia as I don't see Agard scoring enough unless he's totally changed since his injury.

Are you saying that wilbs doesn't work hard? genuine question

I think all 3 can hit double figures. If we play the attacking brand of football I've seen in the two games at AG this season so far, then they'll have plenty of chances.

JK looks likely to be able to create his own chances also.

What we do need is one of the strikers picked to take that gamble in busting a gut to get in front of his man from JBs low crosses. That's probably what Gray would've given us.

I think all 3 can hit double figures. If we play the attacking brand of football I've seen in the two games at AG this season so far, then they'll have plenty of chances.

JK looks likely to be able to create his own chances also.

What we do need is one of the strikers picked to take that gamble in busting a gut to get in front of his man from JBs low crosses. That's probably what Gray would've given us.

Admittedly only on TV, but I have noticed that - Wilbs on more than one occasion,so a quicker striker might well capitalise.

It's a no from me. I just don't see him being consistent enough to get 15+ at this level.

Not that I wouldn't love to be proved wrong you understand.

I think and sincerely hope you will be wrong. he took his goal v Leeds very well and, from what little I have seen, he looks a lot fitter and sharper than last season; lost a bit of weight i reckon.

I'd like to see him go out on loans a d get match sharpness back first of all.

Wow

I was going to say virtually the same thing Tony. I can only think that the Y Section was being droll.

Are you saying that wilbs doesn't work hard? genuine question

No to be fair for his mobility(or lack of) he does try to press. I just think Agard could be the worker and can actually catch up to Kodjia if he plays with him. Whereas normally when Kodjia breaks, Wilbs really can't catch up and help him.

No to be fair for his mobility(or lack of) he does try to press. I just think Agard could be the worker and can actually catch up to Kodjia if he plays with him. Whereas normally when Kodjia breaks, Wilbs really can't catch up and help him.

But the only thing is Kodjia and agard aren't going to hold the ball up or win a flick on.

But the only thing is Kodjia and agard aren't going to hold the ball up or win a flick on.

Although Kodjia and Wilbs need time to develop a partnership I feel Wilbs link up play is pretty dire at times. If Agard could get a good understanding with Kodjia I think they'd be more efficient together. But after all that I'm feeling Wilbs and Kodjia now. Who knows? Are these my feet?

Really want to see Agard and Kodjia upfront. Can't see Cotts dropping Wilbraham though, which I can see him getting a lot of stick for if we're still in the same position come November.

I'd quite like to see this too with Freeman in his usual role of behind the front two I think this would be quite lethal .

Wilbs scored a good goal against Brentford but I do think he will find it tougher at this level so unless he links play like last season would prefer we play agard or new player alongside JK.

Although we may well see this once both are fit but agree that I'd be surprised if wilbs is dropped.

I think and sincerely hope you will be wrong. he took his goal v Leeds very well and, from what little I have seen, he looks a lot fitter and sharper than last season; lost a bit of weight i reckon.

I was going to say virtually the same thing Tony. I can only think that the Y Section was being droll.

I agree regarding his fitness. Looks really up for it when he comes on, perhaps the competition from kodjia will help. Previous comments are spot on, the description of lower league players with potential and an eye for goal is what we have in agard.

Let's not forget the break in momentum last season due to injuries, looked much stronger the last few games.

Well.

1 down, 6 (or 7) to go with 43 matches remaining.

I would not be surprised if both KA and JK reach double figures, given the right support.

I'd love that to be the case, just basing it off last season where, apart from a brilliant start in a City shirt he struggled for a lot of the season.

The ironic thing about those doubting Agard is that many of them are asking we sign a young unproven striker to replace him. The club purchased Agard in the hope that they could coach him to be a better player and ultimately fire us to a higher level again, clearly we have some decent coaches at this club who work on the parts of a players game to make them better. Baldock improved under the coaching staff at one on ones, perhaps Agard's game will have improved and given a run of games who knows how good he can be at this level.

I'd rather we tried to improve him than spend silly money on another player who may or may not improve.

Archived