IGNORED

Agard Up To The Challenge?

reddogkev

He's played 114 minutes (and that includes injury time) this season so far, clearly half fit, and already has a goal - think he'll do okay.

I'm backing him to have a big season; took a step down to join us, and was an important part of our promotion push - reckon he'll grab this second chance at regular game time at this level with both hands.  Also think he's the type to help get another 10% out of his strike partner; does a massive amount of work off the ball, helping make space for the likes of Freeman and others to exploit.  Excited to see him up top with Kodjia sometime, hopefully soon.

I'd like to see a JK and KA pairing as well. No neither provides us with that target man type thing for a flick on but honestly think we play it far too much anyway. Kieran can hold it up and Freeman playing through balls to either of them could be deadly.

I would like it but don't know the likelihood. Would rather we played with the ball on the floor a bit more and utilize our WBs. Another championship quality CM would also help this

Would love Agard to be the answer, but I fear for his fitness. He doesn't seem to get little niggles but injuries which make him miss weeks or months at a time. Heart says yes, head says no from me. But at the moment he's getting the nod from me as there is such little option. I hope he takes his chance as he seems like a lovely guy.

Assuming we don't get the high profile striker in that we seem to be chasing, I'm not disappointed to be able to perm any two from AW, JK and KA. All 3 may suffer from injuries it loss of form, or the opposite, go on a streak.

All three are off the mark this season, each gives us something different, which is no bad thing. There are several sides in thus division who if they lost a striker would be in trouble. Not saying we wouldn't either, but we do have some options.

Also wouldnt be surprised on the odd occasion if we went a bit 3-5-1-1, playing either Robinson or Freeman and using only one of the front three.

....and let's not forget Wes if we need him to play up top. Seen him do it for Wales u21s and he did a good job.

As countless others have said, we ought to be focussing on a midfielder and a central defender....perhaps we are.

Archived