IGNORED

Burnley - No South Stand Tickets Available

ChippenhamRed

What are the chances of getting a ticket on General Sale at this rate?

I'm a season ticket holder but wanted an extra ticket so will have to wait until Wednesday to try and get one and looks like that's not gonna happen?

I thought I had no chance waiting fir General Sale for Leeds game, but I got two though.

Roll on next season I say, thank god there will be no ticket supply problems whatsoever.

I presume that with the new stand finished we'll have the chance again of going down and just buying a ticket on the day.

Unless of course we somehow pick up an extra 13000 fans in the next year...

The builders are hoping to finish off most of the South Stand internal work by the end of the international break so the extra reduction for the Burnley game is probably related to that, they're trying to finish the Sports Bar, Coffee Shop, lay down proper flooring, put up pictures etc and the fact that we only have one home game in a month has given them a chance to blitz the remaining issues, so I reckon it's related to that then hopefully back to normal for the Reading game.

When does the restriction expire?

As I said earlier in this thread. I contacted the ground last week when i got my Burnley ticket. They told me they were hopeful that the restrictions would have been lifted for the Burnley game, but it seems it will be lifted after the international break. They also told me there are restrictions in the Ayteo stand as well, this Health and Safety issue must be a stadium issue!

The builders are hoping to finish off most of the South Stand internal work by the end of the international break so the extra reduction for the Burnley game is probably related to that, they're trying to finish the Sports Bar, Coffee Shop, lay down proper flooring, put up pictures etc and the fact that we only have one home game in a month has given them a chance to blitz the remaining issues, so I reckon it's related to that then hopefully back to normal for the Reading game.

I don't understand how reducing the capacity of the stand further makes any difference to the ongoing work you specify.

Has there been any formal announcement that this game is now sold out?  Bristol Sport ticketing website suggests it is but nothing on official twitter (can't access OS at work).

You get the feeling whoever issues the H&S certificate must be on holiday because it's been neither a yes or no.

Frustrating but I guess the club will wait until the end of the week to see if they can release some more tickets.

My guess is they'll be a few more SS at least.

I don't understand how reducing the capacity of the stand further makes any difference to the ongoing work you specify.

Has there been any formal announcement that this game is now sold out?  Bristol Sport ticketing website suggests it is but nothing on official twitter (can't access OS at work).

It won't be about how many are in their seats, it will be about how the people get in and out of the ground and use the facilities while they are in there.

OK, so I've given it three days but neither the club (via Twitter) nor Dave L (via email) have bothered to reply to my enquiry about South Stand tickets for this game.

Also if the game is now sold out as it appears to be, why have the club not announced this with general sale due to start tomorrow?!

OK, so I've given it three days but neither the club (via Twitter) nor Dave L (via email) have bothered to reply to my enquiry about South Stand tickets for this game.

Also if the game is now sold out as it appears to be, why have the club not announced this with general sale due to start tomorrow?!

I sympathise with you CR. The words "dead horse" and "flogging" come to mind. No one at the club seems interested in your plight, which is a shame for the PR side of things. I just wonder if the rugger supporters get the same problems. Over to you egg chasers.

I sympathise with you CR. The words "dead horse" and "flogging" come to mind. No one at the club seems interested in your plight, which is a shame for the PR side of things. I just wonder if the rugger supporters get the same problems. Over to you egg chasers.

Not really a "plight" as I did get Dolman tickets, I would just preferred to have sat in the new stand! Very much a first world problem! Just thought I'd try to find out what I could for the benefit of fellow supporters, and also to satisfy my own curiosity.

I sometimes get the impression that DL et al think....."it's a great job, if it wasn't for the ****** fans " !

I try to give DL and the club the benefit of the doubt most of the time. But I do think this thread is a very good example of where their direct input is being missed. But that's a well-worn argument.

OK so I've literally just received the following reply from Dave L:-

"We are still operating under the same restrictions that were in place for the first two games, pending the next meeting of the Safety Advisory Group, which will take place this week. We haven't restricted the capacity any more, but released more seats in the Dolman instead of the South Stand. The seats in S24 will be initially reserved for group and schools bookings, if we are able to lift restrictions for the Burnley game.

It is frustrating not to be able to sell all the tickets, as there is high demand. But it's equally important that we make sure that everyone can get in and out of the stadium safely before we do this.

Please bear with us as we continue to build a stadium we can all be proud of."

So the overall capacity is the same. A fair response I think, though I'm not entirely certain that it's fair to reserve seats for group bookings / schools ahead of members who have paid for priority.

Group bookings and schools??? WTF? What does he mean by group bookings. Groups of what?

As for schools, sorry, try again next season.

I disagree.

We will have a 27,000 seater stadium next year.

Get the fans interested early to fill it up, everyone who already has Forever Bristol membership are hooked on the addictive drug we call football already.

I disagree.

We will have a 27,000 seater stadium next year.

Get the fans interested early to fill it up, everyone who already has Forever Bristol membership are hooked on the addictive drug we call football already.

I see both sides on this one.  I'm all for encouraging new support, but with a limited capacity it does seem unfair that a member who has paid for priority access to tickets could miss out to a group booking.

Anyway as Ralph said, who are these "groups"?

Archived