IGNORED

The Official Middlesbrough V Champions Match Day Thread

Sorry people, i think i got it wrong. If the guy had learning difficulties, i would never ever take the piss, for that I'm truly sorry, and hold my hand up. Think i got carried away with the surprise win, and was probably not listening to the chap to carefully. It's just when he said we were going to get promoted, i thought it a bit daft, but i never got my facts right. Sorry to him, and anyone i may have offended on here.

Don't forget the three signings he mentioned. That guy hardly has learning difficulties.

Edited by bristolcitysweden

Massive massive win.

Have never felt so ill as today when watching our last 15 mins. Too many nerves.

Massive shout out to Flint who won everything in the air, Hamer who made some terrific saves, Bryan who was up and down all game, Reid who slotted very well into the team and Kodjia who totally pulled them apart first half.

Little didn't look match fit and we were lucky that we weren't punished for that starting choice. Also would love to see Agard upfront with Kodjia. Wilbs is a good servant but sometimes when we are on the counter attack offers us nothing. Having two pacey guys will frighten defences.

Finally the fans were brilliant. Non stop singing.

Great 3 points, great team performance and to be against my housemates team means it's been the perfect away day. Time for many a cider I think!

• Like 5

Massive massive win.

Have never felt so ill as today when watching our last 15 mins. Too many nerves.

Massive shout out to Flint who won everything in the air, Hamer who made some terrific saves, Bryan who was up and down all game, Reid who slotted very well into the team and Kodjia who totally pulled them apart first half.

Little didn't look match fit and we were lucky that we weren't punished for that starting choice. Also would love to see Agard upfront with Kodjia. Wilbs is a good servant but sometimes when we are on the counter attack offers us nothing. Having two pacey guys will frighten defences.

Finally the fans were brilliant. Non stop singing.

Great 3 points, great team performance and to be against my housemates team means it's been the perfect away day. Time for many a cider I think!

Didn't Wilbs produce the assist for Joe's goal?

Can city fans in Middlesbrough please tell us about the game! All I'm learning on here is that someone who rang up radio bristol might have learning difficulties. Want to know how they played in detail. Bobby Reid? Burns when he came on? Is little up to it from this game? How was kodjia? Etc etc! Coyr

Sorry people, i think i got it wrong. If the guy had learning difficulties, i would never ever take the piss, for that I'm truly sorry, and hold my hand up. Think i got carried away with the surprise win, and was probably not listening to the chap to carefully. It's just when he said we were going to get promoted, i thought it a bit daft, but i never got my facts right. Sorry to him, and anyone i may have offended on here.

Forgiven ?

Great result - pleased we managed to hold out as we always have trouble with that.  It sounded like Boro had a whole lot of possession without creating many clear cut chances, which I guess is an indicator of a resilient away performance.  More points on the board :)  Well done City.

Suspect our start might have been a case of over exuberance in trying to get off to a flyer and needed to get back to what stood us such good stead last season and made us so difficult to beat.

Can city fans in Middlesbrough please tell us about the game! All I'm learning on here is that someone who rang up radio bristol might have learning difficulties. Want to know how they played in detail. Bobby Reid? Burns when he came on? Is little up to it from this game? How was kodjia? Etc etc! Coyr

Hamer - terrific saves, can't loose his place against Burnley.

Little - not match fit. Fredericks looked defensively better when he came on. Will take time but would start Fredericks against Burnley.

Ayling - actually thought one of his poorer games, was caught in possession a few times, however we all know on his game he's terrific.

Flint - rock.

Williams - ran his socks off, brilliant shift. Still needs a bit more support by Bryan now and again

Bryan - put some great balls in the box, won nearly everything in the air. Just needs to support Williams more now and again.

Pack - terrific game. Won everything in the air. Didn't constantly play Hollywood balls and linked very well with Smith

Smith - quietly got on with his job, broke the play up well and moved the ball around well. Can't fault him for anything

Reid - missed a sitter, apart from that he didn't look out of place in a championship team. Passed the ball well and I doubted he would make the impact if he started but I was so wrong. Wagstaff came on and ran and ran. Just what's needed after 80 odd minutes.

Wilbraham - amazing what he can do for his age. The focus for our throwings and long balls. Touch let's him down more this season. Would of liked to seen replace by Agard but was out of subs.

Kodjia - looked very good again. Got the ball and got passed him man constantly. Played a great ball into the box for Reids sitter. Unlucky to be taken off, 10 mins too early in my opinion. Burns made some good runs and I would like to see him more this season. Slotted into rwb at times when we were under the cosh, decent cameo.

• Like 10

Didn't Wilbs produce the assist for Joe's goal?

Yes, he did.

That old saying "you don't know what you got til it's gone" will apply to Wilbraham.

He has been one of our best value signings of the last ten years, is a fantastic professional and a perfect team man.

I doubt at 36 in Octber he'll manage a full season of starts but whilst we find our feet he is invaluable.

• Like 9