IGNORED

The Official Middlesbrough V Champions Match Day Thread

Hamer - terrific saves, can't loose his place against Burnley.

Little - not match fit. Fredericks looked defensively better when he came on. Will take time but would start Fredericks against Burnley.

Ayling - actually thought one of his poorer games, was caught in possession a few times, however we all know on his game he's terrific.

Flint - rock.

Williams - ran his socks off, brilliant shift. Still needs a bit more support by Bryan now and again

Bryan - put some great balls in the box, won nearly everything in the air. Just needs to support Williams more now and again.

Pack - terrific game. Won everything in the air. Didn't constantly play Hollywood balls and linked very well with Smith

Smith - quietly got on with his job, broke the play up well and moved the ball around well. Can't fault him for anything

Reid - missed a sitter, apart from that he didn't look out of place in a championship team. Passed the ball well and I doubted he would make the impact if he started but I was so wrong. Wagstaff came on and ran and ran. Just what's needed after 80 odd minutes.

Wilbraham - amazing what he can do for his age. The focus for our throwings and long balls. Touch let's him down more this season. Would of liked to seen replace by Agard but was out of subs.

Kodjia - looked very good again. Got the ball and got passed him man constantly. Played a great ball into the box for Reids sitter. Unlucky to be taken off, 10 mins too early in my opinion. Burns made some good runs and I would like to see him more this season. Slotted into rwb at times when we were under the cosh, decent cameo.

Great write up, thanks!

Funny old game - from that Hamer, Pack and Williams arguably the best three - what do we know!

• Like 3

Hamer - terrific saves, can't loose his place against Burnley.

Little - not match fit. Fredericks looked defensively better when he came on. Will take time but would start Fredericks against Burnley.

Ayling - actually thought one of his poorer games, was caught in possession a few times, however we all know on his game he's terrific.

Flint - rock.

Williams - ran his socks off, brilliant shift. Still needs a bit more support by Bryan now and again

Bryan - put some great balls in the box, won nearly everything in the air. Just needs to support Williams more now and again.

Pack - terrific game. Won everything in the air. Didn't constantly play Hollywood balls and linked very well with Smith

Smith - quietly got on with his job, broke the play up well and moved the ball around well. Can't fault him for anything

Reid - missed a sitter, apart from that he didn't look out of place in a championship team. Passed the ball well and I doubted he would make the impact if he started but I was so wrong. Wagstaff came on and ran and ran. Just what's needed after 80 odd minutes.

Wilbraham - amazing what he can do for his age. The focus for our throwings and long balls. Touch let's him down more this season. Would of liked to seen replace by Agard but was out of subs.

Kodjia - looked very good again. Got the ball and got passed him man constantly. Played a great ball into the box for Reids sitter. Unlucky to be taken off, 10 mins too early in my opinion. Burns made some good runs and I would like to see him more this season. Slotted into rwb at times when we were under the cosh, decent cameo.

Condensed Version:

WE WON !!!

• Like 2

Another from their forum, nice to get some praise from other fans:

"Bristol did a very professional job on us. Scored early and defended their lead heroically whilst still looking like they could add to it. They're a better side than many other champo teams despite just having been promoted. The goal they scored was beautiful (think our first against Millwall at home last season, very similar but not quite as flashy). In the second half they were excellent, sitting very deep, pressurising whoever was on the ball into going backwards, clearing the ball way down into our half and forcing us to start again and looking decent on the counter. They'll be more than alright this season."

• Like 7

"Bristol did a very professional job on us. Scored early and defended their lead heroically whilst still looking like they could add to it. They're a better side than many other champo teams despite just having been promoted. The goal they scored was beautiful (think our first against Millwall at home last season, very similar but not quite as flashy). In the second half they were excellent, sitting very deep, pressurising whoever was on the ball into going backwards, clearing the ball way down into our half and forcing us to start again and looking decent on the counter. They'll be more than alright this season."

Sounds like SC did a job on them. There's plenty of unappreciated strings to his, and this squad's, bow.

But no this is OTIB and 10 days ago him and the board were at an impasse and his short term future was uncertain.

Edited by Guest

Chuffed with the result :) did have a sneaky feeling we could grind a result a draw but 3 points is great and makes me believe we can kick on but we Stoll need to bring in more competition.

It would be great if Reid has more game time and another academy product coming into the team. He may even keep Freeman out as Freeman wasn't on great form the games before. No one should be an automatic starter although I would expect for Freeman to come straight back in .maybe if we want a more attacking midfield we could swap Reid for pack or Reid in a 5 man midfield If we needed to rest wilbs or he got injured.

Sounds like SC did a job on them. There's plenty of unappreciated strings to his, and this squad's, bow.

But no this is OTIB and 10 days ago him and the board were at an impasse and his short term future was uncertain.

Crazy isn't it? I just don't think some fans realise just how good this team can be. We probably won't be title challengers but from what I've seen and heard from opposition fans we could mix it with those in the top half. 

Their manager's reasons for making so many changes...

"I changed it because Fabbrini played three in a row after no pre- season with us. Kike played three in a row and we have Nugent in his position. Kalas played where he did because of the long balls we expected and Gibbo has had an injury and I didn't want to take any chances. Albert has played three in a row and I felt he was tired having played stunning in his position."

Three in a row, at this stage of the season? Goodness me. With our first team, they need proper injuries (or be sent off) to miss any games at all!

From this, it seems like we finally have started to play in a more organised fashion. At the same time, we had a fair rub of the green as well. They say you make your own good luck and that's done by organisation and determination. A fantastic result that bodes well for the future.

From this, it seems like we finally have started to play in a more organised fashion. At the same time, we had a fair rub of the green as well. They say you make your own good luck and that's done by organisation and determination. A fantastic result that bodes well for the future.

Were always going to need a little of that today. Equally, we were by far the more dangerous side in the first half, or so it sounded.

"I changed it because Fabbrini played three in a row after no pre- season with us. Kike played three in a row and we have Nugent in his position. Kalas played where he did because of the long balls we expected and Gibbo has had an injury and I didn't want to take any chances. Albert has played three in a row and I felt he was tired having played stunning in his position."

Three in a row, at this stage of the season? Goodness me. With our first team, they need proper injuries (or be sent off) to miss any games at all!

Mourinho claimed Chelski were not at their best due to a "hard" pre-season FFS. Don't these people know how bloody absurd they sound to normal fans?

"The long balls we expected."