IGNORED

Nahki Wells

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Would love to see Wells here.

May be more of a goer than the others, because he's no longer under the manager who signed him at Huddersfield and also missed game time as the formation changed at times.

If he came here, he'd be back as number one and would be a great fit for what we need.

Huddersfield also look like selling their best player, Jacob Butterfield, to Derby in the next week, so Wells may see this as a natural time to move on.

Didn't the odds shorten for Gayle & Gray too? Odds shorten because of money being placed not from any inside information

Not strictly true.....can happen that way, but also inside knowledge too. Taking bets might be the trigger for odds to be cut, but can be vice versa too.

Looking at us from his perspective - why would he want to come? Not sure what Huddersfield pay is like but if I was him would want a BIG hike to even consider moving and I'm not sure we would pay enough extra to make it worth his while.

I expect he saw Huddersfield as a stepping stone to the Prem. It hasn't quite worked out, for whatever reason.

Moving to us gives him an opportunity to get back in the headlines for a big money move and to join a club that, as many people say, are on the way up.

Huddersfield are likely to have peaked at lower end Championship. We are currently equal to them, but as I've said before, they are about to sell their best player and lost their goalkeeper to QPR earlier in the window.

Compare that to the ambition we've shown and it becomes clear which club has more potential to progress.

That's why Wells would consider us and I expect the move to go through IF we are actually interested.

This has already been said and, correctly, Davefevs suggested that that's not always the case.

My understanding from someone who was once in the industry is that (at his employer anyway) it was a blended approach of the two. The senior bookmakers only had authority to take liabilities on certain event to a pre-agreed level, at which point odds were set based on an accounting exercise to 'balance the books'. So for that bookie anyway the market could/did determine the price but if the bookmaker on the market has done his job right it ought not need to.

As for Wells I think he'd be a very good addition indeed if he was interested and available. However I'm not sure after Gray and Gayle we would be well advised to buy a striker in this transfer window. It's too publicly third choice in my opinion.

11 league goals last season.

I expect Agard to get that and realistically is he any trade up on him at all?

Let's concentrate on a defender and replacement for Wade.

Agree. We are making chances. Kieran will get goals as will The Old Codger with a bit more poise. Priorities lie elsewhere. 

Wells has started every game for Huddersfield so far this season. As others have said, why would he leave them for us? I don't expect us to pay higher wages than Huddersfield. After recent events I can't see any Championship first team regular wanting to join City at the moment. Would love to be proved wrong though!

Archived