IGNORED

Cotts Is At Walsall Tonight

BRISTOL86

Bradshaw fits the profile of the kind of signing we should be making in my opinion. He is the right age, affordable, has talent but most importantly he has room for improvement, that should mean he will become more valuable to us. I don't understand the disappointment that some say they would feel about bringing in a player that will add to the squad but without the risk of blowing budgets and/or the wage structure. 

1st, I don't believe that Cotts was there to check out any potential targets.

2nd, while it is undeniable that Bradshaw has talent and potential, he does also seem to be injury prone, so while I wouldn't object to signing a top end League 1 player for several million less than a player with 1 year of Championship experience, I would find it a bigger waste if he were to sign and half the time injured.

Exactly what I've been saying. Hope we aim higher.

Is it aiming 'high' or being unrealistic with bids? It would be a much better move for City in this transfer window to sign Bradshaw over Gayle or Gray for a much smaller fee and lower wage demands. His confidence is going to be high with his excellent start to the season and if he can score a few goals for us then I wouldnt be disappointed with aiming 'lower'.. :facepalm:

I was going to say that I am amazed that we have got a (currently) 2 page thread about players all on the basis that someone on twitter claimed Cotts was sat near him . . . .

https://twitter.com/ehumphries14/status/636298284072595456

https://twitter.com/AIFCjacob/status/636298254527934464

It does look somewhat like Cotts.

You do realise what a "six figure" fee is?

If you're going to try to  make someone look like a fool, read the whole post first :facepalm:  (I'll give you a clue - first sentence!) 

Does he normally look that blurred?

Is everyone forgetting Nicky Maynard? Signed from a lower league to the Championship and scored goals for fun, almost 30 in one season wasn't it?

We took a chance and it worked then. Ayling we signed from a relegated Yeovil and he turned out alright, probably our best defender in fact. Not from a lower league but he had an appalling season in a well beaten Yeovil team.

I think spending up to 1.5m on Bradshaw would be good business. We spent 2.25m on Maynard years back when prices were not so astronomical.

Couple of points, Maynard got 20, not 30 plus he did that in his second season with us.

He struggled in his first and got about 12.

That didn't make him a poor signing (he was an excellent one) but does demonstrate the fact it sometimes takes a while to settle in..

Archived