IGNORED

Cotts Is At Walsall Tonight

BRISTOL86

The only way to replicate the impact Callum Wilson had is to buy Callum Wilson. Buying another striker from the same league does not guarantee anything. Lots of people are wise after the event saying we should have gone for Gray whilst at Luton and they would have been right. Someone will take a chance on Bradshaw and he'll either be great or crap. Thats the risk. Whilst I'm not against it as such we have to understand that. If you buy someone you know can do it at the championship level it costs more because the risk is not so great.

I don't get all these people that only see it from their angle. There is no wrong or right answer. We have the best players from league one. Some have adapted straight away, some are taking longer. 

I'm not just seeing it from one angle. People are writing off the idea of signing a player from a lower league purely because he is from a lower league. As I have said, that's rubbish. Signing him wouldn't guarantee anything, but neither would it be a failure purely because he is from League 1.

I'm not just seeing it from one angle. People are writing off the idea of signing a player from a lower league purely because he is from a lower league. As I have said, that's rubbish. Signing him wouldn't guarantee anything, but neither would it be a failure purely because he is from League 1.

I agree with you for what its worth and didn't necessarily mean you were looking at it from one angle. The point i was making is some people preach that we need to buy lge 1 players because that worked last year and that there are 100's of Andre Grays down there. Some people write off lge1 players as not good enough. Its not as simple as that, each player needs to be judged individually. 

I agree with you for what its worth and didn't necessarily mean you were looking at it from one angle. The point i was making is some people preach that we need to buy lge 1 players because that worked last year and that there are 100's of Andre Grays down there. Some people write off lge1 players as not good enough. Its not as simple as that, each player needs to be judged individually. 

Yeah, that's exactly it. Callum Wilson becomes a valid reference only in that he's come from League 1, done it, and is now doing it in the Premier League, so to write off League 1 players out of hand would be stupid.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Callum Wilson becomes a valid reference only in that he's come from League 1, done it, and is now doing it in the Premier League, so to write off League 1 players out of hand would be stupid.

TBF Wilson has electric pace (Vital at top level now) and a great work rate to add to his footballing and finishing skills - he's got a fair few assets

Samo - agree with vast majority of what you said.

I've also posted about KA work rate, notwithstanding I think AW likes paying with him too. 23 (10 KA 13 AW) goals in 29 starts together....not all will have been 90 minutes for both, and some would've been both returning to full fitness, so a decent partnership.

Has SC actually stated he wants a forward since getting CR? Nit saying he hadn't, just I've not heard it. Maybe it's on BC Player....sorry I don't subscribe!!!

I think Gayle was pushed onto us....whether he was on our radar or not.

To be fair it looks like we did the pushing for Gray.

Samo - agree with vast majority of what you said.

I've also posted about KA work rate, notwithstanding I think AW likes paying with him too. 23 (10 KA 13 AW) goals in 29 starts together....not all will have been 90 minutes for both, and some would've been both returning to full fitness, so a decent partnership.

Has SC actually stated he wants a forward since getting CR? Nit saying he hadn't, just I've not heard it. Maybe it's on BC Player....sorry I don't subscribe!!!

I think Gayle was pushed onto us....whether he was on our radar or not.

To be fair it looks like we did the pushing for Gray.

It's true; other than Gray/Gayle, we've not have much 'noise' on forwards - personally, I wondered if there was an element of opportunism with both, as in we became aware they were available and went of it, rather than they were our long term targets.  But likely I'm wrong; I don'y know.  Think both would have improved the squad, but don't think we desperately need them as is.

Do think that the prospect of both Kodjia and Agard together is exciting, but you're right about Wilbraham and Agard being a menace to backlines when paired, and perhaps we'll get that extra 10% back from each once the chance for them to put in more minutes together comes along.

Also; what odds for Agard to score in his 50th appearance for us this weekend (if he does play)?  Might have a flutter there...

Nail on the head. I think Agard is a better player than Bradshaw.

Well I'd completely disagree.

Bradshaw is getting consistent goals per game I'm a team that struggle, he's got a great first touch and Is clinical in his finishing.

Agard of course is a decent plater, I'd much prefer Bradshaw playing up top, I think he'd get an absolute hatful.

My biggest concern is over his fitness. If he has had regular hamstring injuries, as seems to be the case, then that's a major red flag.

Guess we could put him under an extensive medical.

I don't really know who people expect us to buy? We get him a decent midfielder and defender I will be happy.

Guess we could put him under an extensive medical.

I don't really know who people expect us to buy? We get him a decent midfielder and defender I will be happy.

If we do that, I wouldn't be surprised if he failed it.

We want City to buy players who are better than what we've got. To me, Bradshaw would be "another club in the bag" signing, rather than a clear improvement on Agard.

Players of Bradshaw's ilk are probably the type of player that Cotterill was talking about a month or so ago when he said that he could have signed loads of players to add numbers to the squad, but he wanted quality. (Paraphrased)

I don't know enough about Bradshaw to judge him, so I'll back him and support him if he comes. I can't see that he looks good enough to justify signing at this point in time though.

If we do that, I wouldn't be surprised if he failed it.

We want City to buy players who are better than what we've got. To me, Bradshaw would be "another club in the bag" signing, rather than a clear improvement on Agard.

Players of Bradshaw's ilk are probably the type of player that Cotterill was talking about a month or so ago when he said that he could have signed loads of players to add numbers to the squad, but he wanted quality. (Paraphrased)

I don't know enough about Bradshaw to judge him, so I'll back him and support him if he comes. I can't see that he looks good enough to justify signing at this point in time though.

I don't want city to just buy players than what we've already got. Lingard would've been a ridiculous waste of money to replace Freeman, same with Maguire who in my opinion would only suit Flint's position. Players can be bought for experience or for future prospect too not just to start straight away. If you can find us 11 players all better than what we've got who will gel together and understand the system and their individual roles then fine.

Archived