IGNORED

Cotts On The Transfer Window

BRISTOL86

Agreed. Either have the window before the season starts or just get rid of it. Loans outside the window should be for players under the age of 23 only but for any time scale, not just 93 days.

Definitely. Not sure how you would coordinate it across Europe but for me you shouldn't be able to add to your squad once the season is underway.

Don't agree with the transfer window at all.

Clubs should be able to do business whenever....just like any other business in the world. It's a stupid rule imho.

That would be even worse! There needs to be a time when you can guarantee that for x amount of time a player is definitely not going to be leaving your club.

It is what it is. He could just stop moaning and get on with it - everybody else seems seems to be.

Except everyone else doesn't

Wenger pulls Martinez and countless others have all moan about it in recent weeks and years since it was first brought in

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable reflection on the situation. He doesn't come across as whinging or complaining just explaining how frustrating it is.

exactly how I saw it, if he said he didn't want to comment then some one here would lambast him for that, he gave an opinion, one which other managers have shared, and still someone on here uses it to moan about him

Don't agree with the transfer window at all.

Clubs should be able to do business whenever....just like any other business in the world. It's a stupid rule imho.

But it adds so much excitement!

Also would you be happy if you're in a promotion battle and then your rival signs 3 of the leagues best players for massive fee's knowing it will give them the edge?

That would be even worse! There needs to be a time when you can guarantee that for x amount of time a player is definitely not going to be leaving your club.

It happens in business all the time...you have to find way's of keeping your employers...it's dog eat dog out their. It's tough...we've relied on SL's money for short term fix's for so long...now it's coming back to haunt us.

But it adds so much excitement!

Also would you be happy if you're in a promotion battle and then your rival signs 3 of the leagues best players for massive fee's knowing it will give them the edge?

Yes I would...because as an owner, I would invest in making my Club a better proposition than it already is for players....not just rely on my money to bail me out like I did in the past.

It happens in business all the time...you have to find way's of keeping your employers...it's dog eat dog out their. It's tough...we've relied on SL's money for short term fix's for so long...now it's coming back to haunt us.

Yes I would...because as an owner, I would invest in making my Club a better proposition than it already is for players....not just rely on my money to bail me out like I did in the past.

I agree wholeheartedly. However player power and benevolent owners would mean it would be disastrous for the long term future of the game without big changes.

If the transfer window were to go I would like a strong limitation on how many clubs a player can play for in any period - maybe as low as one in 12-18months. That's the difference, the corporate world can manage it with non-compete clauses. Football would have to go the same way, and stringently I fear.

Can anyone actually remember the reasoning for bringing the sodding window in in the first place? Buggered if I can

I remember the days was there was no transfer windows. Buying and selling went on all year round.

I don't recal when the window structure came in but it was introduced mainly because managers complained about the then system .......

I agree wholeheartedly. However player power and benevolent owners would mean it would be disastrous for the long term future of the game without big changes.

If the transfer window were to go I would like a strong limitation on how many clubs a player can play for in any period - maybe as low as one in 12-18months. That's the difference, the corporate world can manage it with non-compete clauses. Football would have to go the same way, and stringently I fear.

And it is big changes that are needed in football AR....the sooner the implosion comes the better imho.

As for transfers...movement of players and contracts is dictated by free movement of employment in the EU.

We can't just make rules up any old way.

And it is big changes that are needed in football AR....the sooner the implosion comes the better imho.

As for transfers...movement of players and contracts is dictated by free movement of employment in the EU.

We can't just make rules up any old way.

True enough but EU law does permit non-compete clauses if they are reasonable and proportionate, so I don't think it would provide players much protection; particularly as reasonable and proportionality is decided on the circumstances of that industry or even case.

But anyway maybe they do make it up Spud. The Euro Commission were one of the parties lobbying for the introduction of the transfer window itself.

Wasn't it a Fifa mandated thing x

Ultimately yes but the EC was a pro lobbying party. I could be wrong but I think it was nearly full political power yielded to ensure it happened.

Archived