IGNORED

It's Just Unacceptable.

BCFC Jordan

they don't sprint out the tunnel any more ?

Well then there goes that theory!! They still don't look right to me despite that though. Still playing well for the most part but I just get a weird vibe. Told my misses when they got that first corner that it would be just like us so far this season to concede here. We've been at them for nearly 40 minutes but the goal felt inevitable. Communication doesn't seem to be there as it was last season.

Feel sorry for him ???????

What's the inside track then ?

He's been promised money / budget and ? What ? It's been withdrawn ?

That's still only half the question. If withdrawn, why? Is it perhaps the budget was there but the board expected better targets and so wouldn't sanction some of the moves; in which case it's much less sinister.

bcfc Jordan to win Oscar for best dramatic post on otib. I get your frustration but put more faith in the management team who got us here

How much longer do we "keep the faith"? They aren't showing us anything to be hopeful about.

This transfer window has been an embarrassment

Well then there goes that theory!! They still don't look right to me despite that though. Still playing well for the most part but I just get a weird vibe. Told my misses when they got that first corner that it would be just like us so far this season to concede here. We've been at them for nearly 40 minutes but the goal felt inevitable. Communication doesn't seem to be there as it was last season.

think we all had that vibe to be fair mate

I personally see this as a rather successful window as apart from last season we usually waste a shit load of cash on crap journeymen who we will never being able to move on unless we pay up their contract. 

We have none of those worries this summer

How much longer do we "keep the faith"? They aren't showing us anything to be hopeful about.

Frankly it amazes me that there are still any happy clappers left. It was pretty obvious to many in early July that there was a problem in the transfer market, but those of us who voiced any concern were derided by those who believed the inaction was all part of a Cotterill masterplan. As the weeks have gone on, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has happened to suggest that the transfer window hasn't been a complete and unmitigated disaster. We ended last season as a club on an upward trajectory, but who could have expected us to be in the present mess?

You just need to look at Cotterill's career to see that this had happened before. He has a track record of short-term success, followed by falling out and departure. I'm amazed that Lansdown would trust him to spend any money at the moment - frankly, his radio interviews have been as embarrassing as O'Driscoll's and give absolutely no confidence that the man knows what he is doing. Cotterill's team worked wonders last season, but if he isn't the man to take us forward, then so be it. I'll tell you where I stand: I don't think Cotterill will be in the manager's seat at the end of the season, and possibly not at Christmas. He needs to pull a few master strokes in the next two or three weeks if he is to redeem himself.

Just my opinion, you understand.

Frankly it amazes me that there are still any happy clappers left. It was pretty obvious to many in early July that there was a problem in the transfer market, but those of us who voiced any concern were derided by those who believed the inaction was all part of a Cotterill masterplan. As the weeks have gone on, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has happened to suggest that the transfer window hasn't been a complete and unmitigated disaster. We ended last season as a club on an upward trajectory, but who could have expected us to be in the present mess?

You just need to look at Cotterill's career to see that this had happened before. He has a track record of short-term success, followed by falling out and departure. I'm amazed that Lansdown would trust him to spend any money at the moment - frankly, his radio interviews have been as embarrassing as O'Driscoll's and give absolutely no confidence that the man knows what he is doing. Cotterill's team worked wonders last season, but if he isn't the man to take us forward, then so be it. I'll tell you where I stand: I don't think Cotterill will be in the manager's seat at the end of the season, and possibly not at Christmas. He needs to pull a few master strokes in the next two or three weeks if he is to redeem himself.

Just my opinion, you understand.

how about watch the game live,happy clapper I am not,but that is just completely nonsense,my opinion of course

I personally see this as a rather successful window as apart from last season we usually waste a shit load of cash on crap journeymen who we will never being able to move on unless we pay up their contract.

We have none of those worries this summer

What planet are you on?

I think that is the crux of it all, if we bring in 2-3 players and pay them 20k a week, how are the rest of the squad going to feel if they are getting under half of that amount.

Even if we don't sign anybody after all that's been said it might occur to some of our better players that they could easily earn more elsewhere. ..

how about watch the game live,happy clapper I am not,but that is just completely nonsense,my opinion of course

We'll see mate, we'll see, but I don't think that I'm the only one who is genuinely afraid that Cotterill may presently be the problem, not the answer. My loyalty is to BCFC, as it always has been, and not to any particular manager. I believe we have an opportunity to progress that we might not see again in my lifetime, and it may be in danger of being blown by someone looking increasingly out of his depth. I would dearly love to be proved wrong, so I hope you're right. However, if this club starts going backwards again, in the present financial climate it may be very difficult to ever get an opportunity like the one we had at the start of this season.

I'm glad we haven't panic bought anyone but I said before the first game we had 4 weeks left and would admit there was a problem on August 31st of we hadn't signed anyone else. That's looking likely so this window has been a bit of a failure so far.

So it comes down to opinion. Would rather we bring in a few players that don't fit with what we want and be locked into 3,4 or 5 year deals? Or take the chance to play well with what we've got and have that flexibility in future windows? I think I like the financial flexibility as I think this squad could finish around 12th with good luck in terms of injuries and such.

How grossly we've been mismanaged off the pitch over the summer window. By far the worst summer transfer window we've ever had as a club, at least in my memory, and it has completely destroyed the momentum we had going for us last season.

We've let important players leave and as of today, have only signed one player on a permanent transfer. One! Of the three players we have brought in, two are back-up loan signings. It's just so hard to take in how wrong the club has got it. The players we do have are very talented, but we have no squad. It's pathetic how we can be in such a state at this stage of the season. A squad that is far weaker than the collective group that we had last season. With just days remaining of the transfer window and we need 4 or 5 signings.

Such a waste of an opportunity this year. It's incredibly frustrating to witness as a City fan.

Is the word ***** still used these days

We'll see mate, we'll see, but I don't think that I'm the only one who is genuinely afraid that Cotterill may presently be the problem, not the answer. My loyalty is to BCFC, as it always has been, and not to any particular manager. I believe we have an opportunity to progress that we might not see again in my lifetime, and it may be in danger of being blown by someone looking increasingly out of his depth. I would dearly love to be proved wrong, so I hope you're right. However, if this club starts going backwards again, in the present financial climate it may be very difficult to ever get an opportunity like the one we had at the start of this season.

I agree with everything your saying but maybe the chairman is looking out of his depth instead of the manager,he can only ask for players

after last season where nearly everything went right, 4 months later when things don't go to plan, you go back to Last season and believe that they deserve the chance to put things right. Cheer up

There are questions to be answered, as to how we find ourselves in a position where we are unable to name 7 substitutes, especially when we are bidding vast sums for players.

A few years ago it was quoted that we wanted to trim our squad to 24, well we seem to have more than achieved that.

The SC interview on our website, states we may sign one, yes one loan player on Monday or Tuesday.

Last seasons momentum has been allowed to ebb away, it now appears we are gambling our championship status on a wafer thin squad, not because of the quality of our current squad, but because it is unlikely they will all stay fit. Hopefully will be lucky.

How grossly we've been mismanaged off the pitch over the summer window. By far the worst summer transfer window we've ever had as a club, at least in my memory, and it has completely destroyed the momentum we had going for us last season.

We've let important players leave and as of today, have only signed one player on a permanent transfer. One! Of the three players we have brought in, two are back-up loan signings. It's just so hard to take in how wrong the club has got it. The players we do have are very talented, but we have no squad. It's pathetic how we can be in such a state at this stage of the season. A squad that is far weaker than the collective group that we had last season. With just days remaining of the transfer window and we need 4 or 5 signings.

Such a waste of an opportunity this year. It's incredibly frustrating to witness as a City fan.

The transfer window has been and continues to be a disaster.All the brilliant work and planning for last season and the deserved success has been week by week being dismantled by the  seemingly ill thought through transfer activity.It will probably not happen but I would like to know what the club's strategy has been. The comments by SC that he is astonished by the financial demands of this division seem hard to believe from such an experienced Manager and Burt has also a great deal of experience with Forest. Did they have no idea of what Lansdown was  prepared to pay and if this was the cause of the problem why not lower their sights instead of trying to sign Gray.And news today of Fredericks being sold just about sums it all up.Many fans saying good he was not fit or no good then why her hell did SC sign him.I just cannot understand how from such a position of strength we have come to this.

Its frustrating because if we had gone for realistic targets (best from the lower leagues and maybe another foreigner or two) and got them in early like last preseason I honestly think we would have got a playoff place. It's always good to bring in fresh faces and have competition for places but we just haven't got enough of either at the moment.

All the negativity off the pitch is bound to effect the lads on the pitch as well and think it has to be honest. I know it's early days but think we are in for a relegation dog fight (hope I am proved horribly wrong).

Archived