IGNORED

It's Just Unacceptable.

BCFC Jordan

How grossly we've been mismanaged off the pitch over the summer window. By far the worst summer transfer window we've ever had as a club, at least in my memory, and it has completely destroyed the momentum we had going for us last season.

We've let important players leave and as of today, have only signed one player on a permanent transfer. One! Of the three players we have brought in, two are back-up loan signings. It's just so hard to take in how wrong the club has got it. The players we do have are very talented, but we have no squad. It's pathetic how we can be in such a state at this stage of the season. A squad that is far weaker than the collective group that we had last season. With just days remaining of the transfer window and we need 4 or 5 signings.

Such a waste of an opportunity this year. It's incredibly frustrating to witness as a City fan.

Hmm, maybe you're over reacting, but I agree we've got the process wrong.  I think the streetwise clubs scout Europe and pick up the required standard there.  We need to operate along the lines of Brentford, Charlton and Brighton (like this Manu guy they've signed).  The signing of Kodjia gave me hope, but again we seem too short-sighted when it comes to recruitment.  

An example of what it means is Little. Clearly not 100% match fit at the moment - how could he be. Our squad should enable us to work him in slowly at a sensible pace. We do not have that option, and it is harsh on him.

Clearly, thin lines at the moment, but mood music seems all wrong, and momentum from last season as good as gone. Still hope and think we are good enough to be mid table, but confidence is worth a lot at any level. That must be just starting to drain out a little, then it will be a case of hanging on to our better players.

Not panicking,but yes, worried. Nothing yet something a couple of wins would not put right, but it this window has been shameful, and not really sure myself where responsibility for that sits.

Tending to agree with it. We missed a real opportunity here to keep the momentum and take the league by storm. I guess we still could but looking at the lads it looks a bit dire(imo). They don't look as happy playing. They don't sprint out of the tunnel like they did last season. The whole club just feels off at the moment.

How old are you if this is the worst transfer window as its called now,the defeat today had nothing to do with the squad,it was plain bad finishing and switching off on set pieces,no big squad is going to change that

It's not the just the fact that we've not brought anyone in, it's the players we've let go too (in most cases willingly).

Five games in and we can't even fill the bench. I'm just so disappointed in what's gone on. I know many were prepared to avoid criticisng the club and keep delaying it by saying "We'll bring some in soon", "I have faith in the club after last year" etc, but it's clear that we've been grossly mismanaged and the warning signs have been there long before the season started.

Tending to agree with it. We missed a real opportunity here to keep the momentum and take the league by storm. I guess we still could but looking at the lads it looks a bit dire(imo). They don't look as happy playing. They don't sprint out of the tunnel like they did last season. The whole club just feels off at the moment.

they don't sprint out the tunnel any more ?

An example of what it means is Little. Clearly not 100% match fit at the moment - how could he be. Our squad should enable us to work him in slowly at a sensible pace. We do not have that option, and it is harsh on him.

Clearly, thin lines at the moment, but mood music seems all wrong, and momentum from last season as good as gone. Still hope and think we are good enough to be mid table, but confidence is worth a lot at any level. That must be just starting to drain out a little, then it will be a case of hanging on to our better players.

Not panicking,but yes, worried. Nothing yet something a couple of wins would not put right, but it this window has been shameful, and not really sure myself where responsibility for that sits.

Agreed, Little was like a fridge on legs today, clearly not even remotely fit and should have never been on the pitch. Fair play to him for playing through it but he played 58 minutes too many today.

How grossly we've been mismanaged off the pitch over the summer window. By far the worst summer transfer window we've ever had as a club, at least in my memory, and it has completely destroyed the momentum we had going for us last season.

We've let important players leave and as of today, have only signed one player on a permanent transfer. One! Of the three players we have brought in, two are back-up loan signings. It's just so hard to take in how wrong the club has got it. The players we do have are very talented, but we have no squad. It's pathetic how we can be in such a state at this stage of the season. A squad that is far weaker than the collective group that we had last season. With just days remaining of the transfer window and we need 4 or 5 signings.

Such a waste of an opportunity this year. It's incredibly frustrating to witness as a City fan.

boring, we all know club could have done better so lets hope we have a busy few days and all move on!!! Unacceptable is a bit dramatic

boring, we all know club could have done better so lets hope we have a busy few days and all move on!!! Unacceptable is a bit dramatic

It's just delusional to keep saying things like this. I've had people respond this way numerous times over the summer but nothing is actually changing.

I'd absolutely love for us to bring in the 4 (minimum) good signings we need within the next few days. But it isn't going to happen. We are in a very bad state. It's like everyone at the club has fallen asleep. I don't understand it, it's difficult to fathom what their thought process was.

It's just delusional to keep saying things like this. I've had people respond this way numerous times over the summer but nothing is actually changing.

I'd absolutely love for us to bring in the 4 (minimum) good signings we need within the next few days. But it isn't going to happen. We are in a very bad state. It's like everyone at the club has fallen asleep. I don't understand it, it's difficult to fathom what their thought process was.

bcfc Jordan to win Oscar for best dramatic post on otib. I get your frustration but put more faith in the management team who got us here

Absolutely 100% agree.

Up until about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I thought it was just bad luck. Now I just put it down to sheer incompetence. I don't know who is at fault....board, manager, etc....What I do know is that being at this point in the season,and only having an 18 man squad...is gross incompetence.

Why have two of these signings already left? why did we let 3 senior, experienced players leave....if we had no intention of signing anyone .

This squad as a collective is weaker then last season. If wages are the issue....why have we spent the last 3 months chasing players who were never going to sign for us. I know for a fact Konchesky wanted to come....but we wouldn't pay the money.

I'm not one of these that will keep happy clapping just because of last season. Was a brilliant season but that's gone. What is it with this club, that as soon as we get in this league...we just start to look like complete amateurs!?

This squad are performing at their peak. They cannot do any better then they have been doing. We need 4 players asap....otherwise I genuinely believe we will be in big trouble this season

Would mismanagement not be playing two or three players 'QPR' money and the rest of the squad resenting this?

Nobody's demanding the club spends stupid money (but it is worth noting it's the club that has been making big offers for players that have no interest in joining us). Mismanagement is making one permanent transfer and letting about 6/7 players leave from a squad that was already known to be paper thin. We knew we were up in April and it's now August 29th. There simply aren't any excuses.

The really worrying thing is that cotts mentioned on radio Bristol that he doesn't realistically expect us to sign anyone by Tuesday!!!

The whole thing is a gigantic cock up which ever way the happy clappers dress it up...

Momentum is lost!!!

In what way Super ?

What do you know ?

Quite.

If Cotts has been told 'here is your budget and what we can afford' and he is basically not happy with it, then, shocking.

If Cotts genuinely believed he was going to get more support than he has, then, shocking.

If there has actually been a breakdown in communication as to which one it is, then, shocking.

What option have I missed? Of five players that came in, two have already left! It is farcical.

Feel sorry for SC. He identified a centre forward and centre half needed as todays performance proves . No point whatsoever putting in bids of 6 million plus if no intention of paying the going rate for a player demanding that fee .... Un genuine bid and pointless exercise in false hope and media hype to excite city fans. Totally shambolic !!!!!!!

No I don't feel sorry for him. He isn't stupid. He knows what the wage structure is...and he would have known players like Konchesky, Gray etc...would have been out of our reach. He should have downgraded his expectations a long time ago.

No I don't feel sorry for him. He isn't stupid. He knows what the wage structure is...and he would have known players like Konchesky, Gray etc...would have been out of our reach. He should have downgraded his expectations a long time ago.

We're always gonna be a league 1, champ yoyo side, that's plainly clear to us all...

Feel sorry for SC. He identified a centre forward and centre half needed as todays performance proves . No point whatsoever putting in bids of 6 million plus if no intention of paying the going rate for a player demanding that fee .... Un genuine bid and pointless exercise in false hope and media hype to excite city fans. Totally shambolic !!!!!!!

Feel sorry for him ???????

What's the inside track then ?

He's been promised money / budget and ? What ? It's been withdrawn ?

I think it is all gonna come down to the last day of the window. I just cannot see us not getting in a few. Cuz we might well go down if we don't at least get loan players in. Our first team are better than half a dozen teams in this league for sure. But we surely won't be so lucky with injuries this season as we were last.

Archived