IGNORED

It's Just Unacceptable.

BCFC Jordan

Its frustrating because if we had gone for realistic targets (best from the lower leagues and maybe another foreigner or two) and got them in early like last preseason I honestly think we would have got a playoff place. It's always good to bring in fresh faces and have competition for places but we just haven't got enough of either at the moment.

All the negativity off the pitch is bound to effect the lads on the pitch as well and think it has to be honest. I know it's early days but think we are in for a relegation dog fight (hope I am proved horribly wrong).

I tend to agree and had same expectation, 2 or 3 quality signings to add to the group we had last season bought in early to gel with the team (as per last season) and we could have been right up there challenging for a play-off spot. As it happens the reality is that we are looking at a battle to keep out of the relegation dog-fight.

Don't understand at all why we didn't move to sign Tavernier as we knew Little would take time to get fit. He was ready-made to fill the RWB role, no surprise to see him doing fantastically well at Rangers. Equally there were and still are some good options available in league 1 who would improve the SQUAD and easily fit into our wage structure, e.g. Bryne & Morsey.

I am glad we have not bought in journeymen players wanting big buck salaries, but equally our targets don't seem to have been realistic as the likes of Gayle & Grey were always going to want pay that would blow our wage structure and then quite possibly lead to unrest.

Through loans we have the chance to right some of the damage, let's hope we can do that.

It's unacceptable to complain after we've just had the best season in 50+ years, the best season in my lifetime.

The club deserve to be cut a break, they may have *****d up but they've done so much, we'll recover with time.

That's not the attitude of a club that's going to be successful anytime soon..

Football moves quickly, you have to be ruthless. Dwelling on last season is a bit pointless.

That's not the attitude of a club that's going to be successful anytime soon..

Football moves quickly, you have to be ruthless. Dwelling on last season is a bit pointless.

I don't disagree with you at all, but to slate them when we have no say in why happens is pointless. We need to change, I know, but I'm not going to be negative towards the club, it doesn't help.

Frankly it amazes me that there are still any happy clappers left. It was pretty obvious to many in early July that there was a problem in the transfer market, but those of us who voiced any concern were derided by those who believed the inaction was all part of a Cotterill masterplan. As the weeks have gone on, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has happened to suggest that the transfer window hasn't been a complete and unmitigated disaster. We ended last season as a club on an upward trajectory, but who could have expected us to be in the present mess?

You just need to look at Cotterill's career to see that this had happened before. He has a track record of short-term success, followed by falling out and departure. I'm amazed that Lansdown would trust him to spend any money at the moment - frankly, his radio interviews have been as embarrassing as O'Driscoll's and give absolutely no confidence that the man knows what he is doing. Cotterill's team worked wonders last season, but if he isn't the man to take us forward, then so be it. I'll tell you where I stand: I don't think Cotterill will be in the manager's seat at the end of the season, and possibly not at Christmas. He needs to pull a few master strokes in the next two or three weeks if he is to redeem himself.

Just my opinion, you understand.

You forgot the sky is falling in!

From the outside looking in, I think the club have been pretty naive.

At the start of the window, it was disbelief at the prices of players. Then after a month of that, we were then shocked at the wage demands.

It really shouldn't have been. I seem to remember at the end of last season when we a shoe in for promotion, that they were planning for life in the championship.

This is a big money league now. If this is the league we wish to compete in, we have to compete on every level.

I just don't think a recruitment policy of, player under 24 with a resale value is going to work.

You are not always going to unearth that lower league diamond.

If you want, proven championship players, you are going to have to pay the going rate.

We lost momentum early on in this window. If the money we were prepared to pay now, we were prepared to pay in June, I think the squad would look different.

I have said it before, this league has changed so much, since we were last in it. We needed to find our feet and fast.

This didn't happen, which makes this next week or two incredibly important.

I hope we have sat back, assessed where we are, identified targets, and be ruthless in our acquisition.

This is the persona we need to adopt going forward.

Stevo

When you look at Swansea City a club smaller than ourselves and see where they are now you have to think why can't we follow their philosophy. They didn't spend big when they were in the championship but were patient, gave youth a chance and got the right players in for the right price.

When you look at Swansea City a club smaller than ourselves and see where they are now you have to think why can't we follow their philosophy. They didn't spend big when they were in the championship but were patient, gave youth a chance and got the right players in for the right price.

This kind of illustrates my point a little. When Swansea were last in this league, there wasn't the kind of money there is today.

With relegated PL teams, and their parachute money, the Championship is a wash with money.

I don't think we can complain about it. It's the reality of this league today. We have to rethink our finances. In order to secure the services of players in this league, we will need to.

Any ambition to play at a higher level has associated costs. We absolutely have to be prepared to pay them.

I don't think it's helpful to complain about transfer fees and players wages. It makes us look "small time" and out of our depth. Its not a good image to portray when recruiting.

Stevo

You can't argue that the squad is very lean on numbers and signings needs to be made. You also can't argue the fact that over the years City have signed some complete shockers and we have paid the price, both on and off the field.

When we were in division one the club could afford to pick up some of the cream players before the start of the season and get the squad together during pre- season. Such as Freeman.

The Championship is a whole different ball game and the money required to get the cream of the championship is way beyond us 'at the moment'. So a club such as city has to wait for the cascade affect in the hope that some quality players do not get sucked up by all the bigger bugdeted clubs.

This means it is a wait and see game and unfortunately it hasn't worked out so far. On another day it could have worked for us and one or two quatlity players  may not have been signed?

Does this mean Cotts is out of his depth, no I don't think so. Does it mean Cotts is fustrated, yes. Does it mean the club should have paid silly money, no because that could create a whole world of trouble come the end of the season.

Loan signings are not the end of the world, aka Watford.

My hopes are that it gets sorted in the next weeks or so and we can then just get on with adapting to the championship.

Just saying like.

Much easier said than done, infrastructure has to be bang on and you need an element of luck.

With my very rose tinted specs on.....we may have signed players today but not announced them yet.

SC has said he only wants to bring in those that improve the team, but I think even he will have to admit that with less than two days to go, he might gave to bring some squad players in. Even saying that, he isn't gonna bring in wasters, they just might not be players to immediately oust those in possession of the first team shirt....but that is not to say they won't.

I know it's been said before but where are we really short:

- anywhere across back three ~ if you assume AEA is not gonna get any game time, there is no cover unless you include young Lloyd Kelly, or think we may go to a back four

- Right Wing Back ~ would SC start WB there? Might have to should ML struggle to get back to where he was last season

- Left Wing Back ~ I think there's no need to comment here!

- Centre Midfield ~ would like to see one more tenacious KS-type player in. I know MP wins lots of headers and hasn't played that badly (apart from raking mis-passes v Leeds), but I'd rather have another Duracell bunny in there with KS if push came to shove.

I don't think we are short up front, but if SC thinks we need a striker then so be it. We've got AW (not matter what the doubters say), JK and KA. we've also got CR and LF (as well as WB too) if we want to play a more 3511 type formation.

I'm hoping FF is back fit for Brum. Think AF and DW especially (as the main headers of the ball in our back three) are missing him and the understanding.

Fingers crossed for the next 40 hours!

Archived