IGNORED

Man Of The Match

Slacker

Korey Smith was by far our best player I reckon. So far him and flint have carried on just as they were from last season. Glad that Reid got it though, made some very clever runs, his movement, trickery and final pass all very impressive. No doubt Freeman gets back in the team but not sure what Cotterill will do if he wants Reid to stay in the side. Maybe both behind a striker?

Agreed slacker.. Pack bossed it today for him and sprayed some good balls around.

Don't take nothing away from Bobby though he was superb also the best I have seen him play and he is certainly maturing very well.

Just need someone who knows how to finish to partner kodja.

I would say too that's the best game I've seen Bobby Reid play by a mile. I thought the midfield looked pretty good today, didn't think I would be saying that when Freeman got his red a couple of games ago. Flint worked hard as usual, marshalling the defence but also expected to be a goal threat too, a big ask.

I thought Heaton played better than he did with us, typical. But you got to remember where both teams were last year. Did we look that different for large parts of the game?

I am surprised Bobby got MOTM i didn't think he was involved enough in the game for that, he did ok and had some decent touches but when you think how Freeman affects games Bobby wasn't on the same level.

Some good performances from our lads especially Flint, Pack, Smith....for me i would give MOTM to Pack, he did a lot of dirty work in midfield and made a few very important tackles at the back and also passed the ball around nicely.

Worth mentioning how bad Del boy was today, don't know whats wrong with him but he hardly had a bad game all last season but this season he looks edgy and panic'y. He made me rage in the 2nd half by just kicking the ball out for a corner when he had time to turn and pass!

We are playing some good football we just need to be more ruthless/clinical, not much wrong with our team (apart from lack of depth) i just think we need a quality striker to put away some of these chances we are creating!

Pack wasn't great but it was the best performance I've seen from him in the 3 home games and the SW match I watched streaming. Flint was awesome defensively. Probably should've finished at least one of those headers. Reid was good and I hope he doesn't get forgotten now that Freeman is eligible. Korey Smith was his solid self and would be my captain.

My ratings, no half marks allowed!

Hamer 5 - no saves and flapped at a cross

Little 5 - looked off the pace, but tried hard....up against a good left back

Bryan 6 (just) - unlucky that Darikwa wasn't booked early on, as they might've given him more encouragement to go at him. Did nothing wrong though, just we expect a lot from him

Ayling 6 - solid performance

Flint 7 - much better and did well against Gray and Vokes...unlucky with his header

Williams 6 - sound defensively, little bit laboured on the ball which impacted Bryan

Pack 7 - neat and tidy game. Passing range better today, and worked his socks off

Smith 7 - shading Pack and Flint - got into move advanced positions today.

Reid 6 - did well first half, playing done nice passes and creative around the box. Game bypassed him for large karts of second half. Nothing bad though.

Wilbraham 5 - probably one of the mist disappointing games I've seen him play. Would've swapped him for Agard after an hour.

Kodjia 6 - bright again but not allowed much space (mainly first half). But lethargic closing down today, maybe that knocked onto to Wilbs.

Burns 6 - did okay

Robinson 6 - energetic....personally I would've started him instead of Reid today. Would've been harsh on Reid, but I think he would've given us more between the lines.

Cotterill 4 - no man on back post, not bringing on Agard.

Mee and Keane the best players on the park though. Great performances in an away team.

My ratings, no half marks allowed!

Hamer 5 - no saves and flapped at a cross

Little 5 - looked off the pace, but tried hard....up against a good left back

Bryan 6 (just) - unlucky that Darikwa wasn't booked early on, as they might've given him more encouragement to go at him. Did nothing wrong though, just we expect a lot from him

Ayling 6 - solid performance

Flint 7 - much better and did well against Gray and Vokes...unlucky with his header

Williams 6 - sound defensively, little bit laboured on the ball which impacted Bryan

Pack 7 - neat and tidy game. Passing range better today, and worked his socks off

Smith 7 - shading Pack and Flint - got into move advanced positions today.

Reid 6 - did well first half, playing done nice passes and creative around the box. Game bypassed him for large karts of second half. Nothing bad though.

Wilbraham 5 - probably one of the mist disappointing games I've seen him play. Would've swapped him for Agard after an hour.

Kodjia 6 - bright again but not allowed much space (mainly first half). But lethargic closing down today, maybe that knocked onto to Wilbs.

Burns 6 - did okay

Robinson 6 - energetic....personally I would've started him instead of Reid today. Would've been harsh on Reid, but I think he would've given us more between the lines.

Cotterill 4 - no man on back post, not bringing on Agard.

Mee and Keane the best players on the park though. Great performances in an away team.

Agree with all of that

Korey Smith was by far our best player I reckon. So far him and flint have carried on just as they were from last season. Glad that Reid got it though, made some very clever runs, his movement, trickery and final pass all very impressive. No doubt Freeman gets back in the team but not sure what Cotterill will do if he wants Reid to stay in the side. Maybe both behind a striker?

Korey by a country mile for me as he bossed the play for much of the match although everyone played really well apart from maybe Joe- imo he had his worst game in a long time but even the very best players have an off day.

Gary Johnson (remember him?) always used to say he wanted players who affected the game. Certain players such as Reid, Smith etc have been mentioned, but did they affect the game? IMO, no. City's problem is there are far too many players who do nice touches, here and there, but don't affect the game. I would make one exception - Flint. He didn't allow any of the expensive Burnley players he was marking to get into the game. Numerous goal saving tackles.

Gary Johnson (remember him?) always used to say he wanted players who affected the game. Certain players such as Reid, Smith etc have been mentioned, but did they affect the game? IMO, no. City's problem is there are far too many players who do nice touches, here and there, but don't affect the game. I would make one exception - Flint. He didn't allow any of the expensive Burnley players he was marking to get into the game. Numerous goal saving tackles.

Sorry but Bobby played some lovely ball into the front two. Not his fault if they didn't convert and also Korey broke up play very well and charged into midfield. What more do you want

Smith was man of the match for me, he hardly put a foot wrong and broke up play and used the ball quickly and safely.  

Derrick Williams had a nightmare and looked like a lower league one player.  

Marlon Pack played a tidy game , if only he had a bit of pace he could be a good championship player.

Kodjia is miles away from what we need, he ran around a lot and tried (apparently god loves a trier) but he's bone useless.  He'll score 10-15 goals this year if he has Wilbraham doing all the donkey for him like he did today.  

Wilbraham was reliable, he made lots of runs to draw players out of position enabling Kodjia to get the ball in space.

Bobby Reid runs all day long, if only he was coached where he should be running he'd save half his energy and be much more help to the team. 

Reid had a good game , especially the 1st half . Linked up the play superbly was less involved in the 2nd half but then it was harder with burnely playing 10 men behind the ball and tightly Marked.

I would say his shooting ability is better then Freemans and he showed great energy and tracked back well. Freeman would still be my first choice but I wouldn't say Reid deserves to be dropped straight away . Great competition for that place now .

Although do agree that Smith had a great game too.

Smith was man of the match for me, he hardly put a foot wrong and broke up play and used the ball quickly and safely.  

Derrick Williams had a nightmare and looked like a lower league one player.  

Marlon Pack played a tidy game , if only he had a bit of pace he could be a good championship player.

Kodjia is miles away from what we need, he ran around a lot and tried (apparently god loves a trier) but he's bone useless.  He'll score 10-15 goals this year if he has Wilbraham doing all the donkey for him like he did today.  

Wilbraham was reliable, he made lots of runs to draw players out of position enabling Kodjia to get the ball in space.

Bobby Reid runs all day long, if only he was coached where he should be running he'd save half his energy and be much more help to the team. 

Well he has two in five starts, which would suggest a slightly higher return over a full season. For me, he's always the striker most likely too. Some of his body swerves around defenders were fabulous today.

Archived