IGNORED

Man Of The Match

Slacker

Korey Smith was by far our best player I reckon. So far him and flint have carried on just as they were from last season. Glad that Reid got it though, made some very clever runs, his movement, trickery and final pass all very impressive. No doubt Freeman gets back in the team but not sure what Cotterill will do if he wants Reid to stay in the side. Maybe both behind a striker?

Korey is both our best and most important player.

Though I think young Bobby deserved MOM today. Great play.

What he seemed to do exceptionally well was be the link between midfield and attack. His link up play and swift dummy's/one-twos with the two behind and in front of him were top class.

He's shown promise in recent games, but truly delivered and looked the best I've seen him.

Gives Freeman concern for his previous 'guarantee' of a starting spot.

Keep it up Bobby, it'll be great for everyone associated with the club to see him work hard, gain consistency and become a regular starter.

Well he has two in five starts, which would suggest a slightly higher return over a full season. For me, he's always the striker most likely too. Some of his body swerves around defenders were fabulous today.

Fair shout, it's the swerves and cuddly dances that win games.  

Two in five is a decent return, the amount of chances he's had (he didn't get a sniff today) should have been enough for a goal per game.  He hurts us by not being an outlet, that's something that can be coached on and made better, he's far from what we need right now.  Hence our continued bidding for a proven championship forward.  Wilbs won't be able to run like he did today all season.

Sorry but Bobby played some lovely ball into the front two. Not his fault if they didn't convert and also Korey broke up play very well and charged into midfield. What more do you want

Different people have different opinions.

Fair shout, it's the swerves and cuddly dances that win games.

Two in five is a decent return, the amount of chances he's had (he didn't get a sniff today) should have been enough for a goal per game. He hurts us by not being an outlet, that's something that can be coached on and made better, he's far from what we need right now. Hence our continued bidding for a proven championship forward. Wilbs won't be able to run like he did today all season.

I can't see how the only striker today to score a goal is "not an outlet".

Burnley were very average up front - no wonder they felt they had to splash the cash on Gray - but as tight as a gnat's chuff in defence. Premier League class.

Kodja was denied by

Heaton and was also incorrectly flagged offside by the berk of a linesman twice in the second half.

He is coming to terms with playing in a different country, with people he doesn't know speaking a language he can hardly understand. Yet he is visually improving every day.

I'd say he was one of the rays of future hope today. Unlike the well off-the-pace Wilbraham.

Korey Smith by a mile for me !! Commanded midfield as well as he could with Pack and Reid alongside him !!

What concerns me though is that if we are giving a player MOTM that couldn't get a regular place in a league 2 side last season ( and IMHO he hasn't improved since SOD used to play him constantly ) I find it worrying !! For me Bobby is not strong enough in that position, gets hussled off the ball too easy and gives the ball away to often for my liking. Yes ok he does play the odd nice ball through to the front 2, but for me he is certainly not a championship level player.

We def need to strengthen in that position, with a bit of experience, to play alongside the younger players such as Smith and Freeman.

I can't see how the only striker today to score a goal is "not an outlet".

Burnley were very average up front - no wonder they felt they had to splash the cash on Gray - but as tight as a gnat's chuff in defence. Premier League class.

Kodja was denied by

Heaton and was also incorrectly flagged offside by the berk of a linesman twice in the second half.

He is coming to terms with playing in a different country, with people he doesn't know speaking a language he can hardly understand. Yet he is visually improving every day.

I'd say he was one of the rays of future hope today. Unlike the well off-the-pace Wilbraham.

If Kodjia is our ray of hope, then we'll be relegated.  

We'll sign some players and he'll sit on the bench for a month or so while he learns what he has to do.

Wilbraham is running his arse off coving ground that kodjia should be covering, that can't happen for much longer.

Bobby played well lovely touches and passes, but Pack would be my MOM closely followed by Korey. Flint and Ayling also had good games , Still not quite sure how we lost that game.

My concern now if we loose a bit of confidence due to results loosing could become a habit.

Each to their own, but I think Kodjia has started really considering new country, new language, new team mates and a new league and style of football.   It Wilbs (and Cotts loyalty towards him) that I think is the issue right now.

We'll sign some players and he'll sit on the bench for a month or so while he learns what he has to do.

Wilbraham is running his arse off coving ground that kodjia should be covering, that can't happen for much longer.

why are you comparing codger with wilbs ?they are completely differently types of strikers. I also think wilbs didn't have a great game and should be the one doing 60/70 mins now codger is getting more fit .

However they did have one brilliant bit of link up play in the first half where codger should of got his shot on target at least. so hopefully in time they forge a good partnership.

Kodjia is at times the only player who I feel has the creative touch of magic to get people out of their seats and up cheering.

Totally agree - constant threat today, worked hard, battled, linked up very well and can also create opportunities on his own.

Pacey enough, good touch and skillful - should probably have had another goal or two but I've been pleasantly surprised by him so far - I thought he'd take longer to settle.

I've been waiting to be convinced by Bobby Reid and I thought for 20-25 minutes in the first half today he was tremendous - quick of thought, quick of feet, creative and an excellent low shot.

He did disappear for long periods though and I'm not sure his overall performance for the 90 minutes merited MOTM.  

For me today it was Pack, closely followed by Smith, but there was plenty of genuine promise from BR which he now needs to show for longer periods each and every time he's selected.

Korey Smith by a mile for me !! Commanded midfield as well as he could with Pack and Reid alongside him !!

What concerns me though is that if we are giving a player MOTM that couldn't get a regular place in a league 2 side last season ( and IMHO he hasn't improved since SOD used to play him constantly ) I find it worrying !! For me Bobby is not strong enough in that position, gets hussled off the ball too easy and gives the ball away to often for my liking. Yes ok he does play the odd nice ball through to the front 2, but for me he is certainly not a championship level player.

I thought Bobby Reid was exceptional today, Burnley couldn't cope with him at times, mind you, they were only a Premier league side last year!

Running his arse off?! He was gasping for breath from the 70th minute on!!

But we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll take the majority of the fans and independent pundits' viewpoint and you take yours. :-)

Three best players today (for City)

Smith

Reid

Pack

They did all play well and our wing backs were poor. They seemed to double up on our wing backs which gave our midfielders more space. I think our midfielders did have an easier job today cuz of this, whereas little and Bryan struggled.

Smith was man of the match for me, he hardly put a foot wrong and broke up play and used the ball quickly and safely.

Derrick Williams had a nightmare and looked like a lower league one player.

Marlon Pack played a tidy game , if only he had a bit of pace he could be a good championship player.

Kodjia is miles away from what we need, he ran around a lot and tried (apparently god loves a trier) but he's bone useless. He'll score 10-15 goals this year if he has Wilbraham doing all the donkey for him like he did today.

Wilbraham was reliable, he made lots of runs to draw players out of position enabling Kodjia to get the ball in space.

Bobby Reid runs all day long, if only he was coached where he should be running he'd save half his energy and be much more help to the team.

so kodjia is bone useless?? 5 league games in and you come out with that? If he scored 10-15 goals (like you said) I would be happy with that considering settling in and new culture etc. I think he actually looked quite bright yesterday. Nice to see a striker being quite selfish and constantly looking to shoot. His partnership will take time to come good. To call him bone useless is pretty stupid even from a numpty like u who doesn't know there left and there right

It's only possible to post things like this in that brief moment your planet is in orbit with ours. Nanu nanu.

They did all play well and our wing backs were poor. They seemed to double up on our wing backs which gave our midfielders more space. I think our midfielders did have an easier job today cuz of this, whereas little and Bryan struggled.

agree with this. Can't remember a game where both wing backs were so ineffective. Both looked like they were struggling with fitness

Kodjia is at times the only player who I feel has the creative touch of magic to get people out of their seats and up cheering.

completely agree, reminds me a bit of Paulo wanchope( ex derby costa rica striker) doesn't know himself what hes going to do next

agree with this. Can't remember a game where both wing backs were so ineffective. Both looked like they were struggling with fitness

Exactly. Little and Bryan were poor and didn't really make anything happen. Big blokes in the middle too so idea of Burns and then Robinson I thought was to get beyond last man and get low crosses in front of keeper for strikers to attack. But was too little too late and the linesman in front of the Dolman was under strict instructions to flag anytime our players even looked at the Burnley goal.

Back to the OP thought Reid was fantastic. Korey Smith was too, but there isn't another City player who can do the things Reid did, his intelligence on the ball is brilliant, the people on this thread who feel otherwise must be watching a different game to me, the anticipation and first touch was absolutely class. His link up play with Kodjia is all you can ask of a midfield player and deserved a lot better.

As for our ability to score goals and some of the nonsense on this thread. Kodjia will score a hatful if we have another top class striker making runs taking the odd defender off him (our transfer strategy no doubt). Wilbs is a legend but there is no understanding and he is too far off Kodjia to drag any defenders. Kodjia looks a class act but has to take too many touches to make space and shoot.

Archived