IGNORED

Man Of The Match

Slacker

Kodjia is at times the only player who I feel has the creative touch of magic to get people out of their seats and up cheering.

Funny how people see things. Often his ball control is akin to juggling a wet fish. He's nowhere near to what we need him to be.

Signs of brilliance but chalk and cheese in his performances from one minute to the next.

He needs more time, of course, but the number of mistakes he makes with the ball at his feet his quite shocking.

Fair shout, it's the swerves and cuddly dances that win games.

Two in five is a decent return, the amount of chances he's had (he didn't get a sniff today) should have been enough for a goal per game. He hurts us by not being an outlet, that's something that can be coached on and made better, he's far from what we need right now. Hence our continued bidding for a proven championship forward. Wilbs won't be able to run like he did today all season.

Wilbs has offered almost nothing so far. Kodjia + 1 other for me.

Funny how people see things. Often his ball control is akin to juggling a wet fish. He's nowhere near to what we need him to be.

Signs of brilliance but chalk and cheese in his performances from one minute to the next.

He needs more time, of course, but the number of mistakes he makes with the ball at his feet his quite shocking.

The only occasions I can remember his touch being poor yesterday was in the last 20 minutes, by which point he was blowing after chasing pretty much everything.

I can remember plenty of neat touches that took him away from Burnleys midfield getting us on the attack and up the pitch. There was also some nice one touch interplay with Reid.

Thinking about it, most of his impressive play was in the first half, much like the rest of them.

Where were you sat?

First game I've seen this season and what can I say burnley 2 chances 2 goals City plenty of chances, basically if you don't take your chances in the championship you get punished, on a side note I was impressed with kodjia defenders hate players running at them with pace and he did that a few times once the team get on his wavelength we will see more goals, plenty of times he made good runs and no one spotted them

The only occasions I can remember his touch being poor yesterday was in the last 20 minutes, by which point he was blowing after chasing pretty much everything.

I can remember plenty of neat touches that took him away from Burnleys midfield getting us on the attack and up the pitch. There was also some nice one touch interplay with Reid.

Thinking about it, most of his impressive play was in the first half, much like the rest of them.

Where were you sat?

Dolman, Atyeo end.

Glad to hear it looked better from where you were.

agree with this. Can't remember a game where both wing backs were so ineffective. Both looked like they were struggling with fitness

There may be fitness issues, but I thought Burnley were often doubling up defenders on Bryan and Little and Wes. Obviously that makes them less effective.

Apart from his uncharacteristic missed goal opportunities, I thought Flint had a tremendous game.

Overall, Marlon Pack for me some of his passing and range of passes reminded me of Tinman himself.

Bobby Reid was impressive albeit less influential second half where Burnley had us where they wanted us.

Korey Smith was everywhere.

Kodjia is getting better with every game.

Little is a worry & needs more time.

We are learning rapidly about how ruthless this league can be.

As with dirty leeds, really unimpressed with Burnley, just a solid two banks of four relying on set pieces.

People slamming Dereck? Best game in ages for city, made a goal saving tackle, played the ball well, and almost scored a worldie.

hes good enough for us and this league and deserves more respect. People have short memories.

But you seem to have forgotten him pointlessly giving away a corner when he was under no pressure, colliding with Hamar after attempting a ridiculous header back from 2ft away, passing back to the keeper from a free kick when we were in their half and had men up, not to mention numerous wayward passes all afternoon.

I've avoided attacking Williams as he did do some really nice things, but to suggest it was one of his best games in red is well wide of the mark. He had a decidedly mixed afternoon.

People slamming Dereck? Best game in ages for city, made a goal saving tackle, played the ball well, and almost scored a worldie.

hes good enough for us and this league and deserves more respect. People have short memories.

I have 2 memories from Derrick in the match. The screamer off the post and the cross field pass that lead to a counter attack which Flint saved for a corner which when was then scored on.

He also tries to switch play with that lofted floater of a ball to the RWB and it never comes off. Hangs on the ball too long and that stops our movement.

If Derrick just defended and played the simple ball 95% of the time then he'd be perfect but he tries to do too much.

But you seem to have forgotten him pointlessly giving away a corner when he was under no pressure, colliding with Hamar after attempting a ridiculous header back from 2ft away, passing back to the keeper from a free kick when we were in their half and had men up, not to mention numerous wayward passes all afternoon.

I've avoided attacking Williams as he did do some really nice things, but to suggest it was one of his best games in red is well wide of the mark. He had a decidedly mixed afternoon.

All the points you've made here RR are as I saw Williams performance too. Aside for his impressive strike which struck the upright, it was a day to forget for him.

i think he will come good as he gets more experienced . As he's not the quickest he needs to work at his positioning and avoid giving the ball away in the opposition half.

Archived