IGNORED

Do We Really Need This Burt ?

bcfcmike

How quickly we forget last season and turn on ourselves. It's interesting how quickly this forum returns to the old OTIB after last seasons happiness around here (not just aimed at this thread but most on here at the moment). First sign of challenges and it's feed everyone at the club to the wolves. I've missed OTIB.

Wasn't the whole point of bringing in KB was so that BCFC did not have to rely solely on a manager to work out the transfer business and also to provide continuity when someone leaves( which they did- Sod) and he did.

Would I put Cotts in such a position that he controls virtually all aspects of football at BCFC? - not as long as there's a hole in my thingy.

I think we need KB and the structure now in place to avoid some of the mistakes of the past and an over reliance on any manager.

It's also a case of "nobody knows" whether KB is responsible for the summer transfer drought.I suspect it's the suits but I don't know.

Wasn't the whole point of bringing in KB was so that BCFC did not have to rely solely on a manager to work out the transfer business and also to provide continuity when someone leaves( which they did- Sod) and he did.

Would I put Cotts in such a position that he controls virtually all aspects of football at BCFC? - not as long as there's a hole in my thingy.

I think we need KB and the structure now in place to avoid some of the mistakes of the past and an over reliance on any manager.

It's also a case of "nobody knows" whether KB is responsible for the summer transfer drought.I suspect it's the suits but I don't know.

You've hit the nail on the head. We just don't know what has gone on.

My view is that it's been a collective cock up. SC, KB and the rest of the board all would have agreed on a transfer strategy along with a list of targets.

The appointment of Keith Burt was the best decision that SL has made since he bought the club.

It took Lansdown a long while to appreciate that running a football club is not something that simply having advanced business acumen is all that's needed.

Hence the several years that City had no director of football.

Thankfully that's changed.

I suggest Reading The Nowhere Men all about scouts and the ins and outs of what actually goes on behind the scenes. KB gets a glowing reference in there. http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Nowhere-Men-Michael-Calvin/dp/1780891075

This season I think the problem is they were caught with their pants down with the salaries. They would have had all their targets in place before the end of last season, and the salary structure has stifled progress with the majority of signings. Personally I think it's better for the club at this current time to wait until after tomorrow and get some good loans in which won't put the club in a financial meltdown should things not pan out and we go down. We have a solid first 11 and a group of players who have grown together, with some choice loans we can/will be fine. Signing players on 3/4/5 year salaries is not essential or provide anymore/less chance of success

How quickly we forget last season and turn on ourselves. It's interesting how quickly this forum returns to the old OTIB after last seasons happiness around here (not just aimed at this thread but most on here at the moment). First sign of challenges and it's feed everyone at the club to the wolves. I've missed OTIB.

Has everyone forgotten that in 1976 we were in the First Division ?

Does n't mean didly squat today .

Last season is gone we need to concentrate on the here and now and the future.

We are now relying on luck to bring in targets at the last minute or finding good enough loan players , not very professional.

Archived