IGNORED

Kermorgant

REDOXO

Or hows about sordell on a free. Released by burnley and still relatively young. Would have good sell on value if he does well. Lost his way a little but similar sort of player to gayle etc just not had a great scoring record

I once watched an Eng u21 game featuring Sordell (think it was against Israel at Barnsley) and he was dreadful for most of it. They were just about to haul him off then he scored an absolute belter then (I think) won a penalty with some great play. He's obviously capable of doing good things, but he hasn't done many of them in recent years. Might be worth a punt on a 4 month contract, see if he comes good but I don't think he's going to offer anything more than Agard or even Wes Burns in the short term

I live with a Charlton season ticked holder. He thinks Kermorgant is top class and would be a quality signing. One of the most talented players to play at the Valley since they dropped from the Prem. He also thinks Sordell is absolutely useless and we should avoid.

Spoke to someone at the Bournemouth end on deadline day, he said the deal depended on Lewis Grabban joining Bournemouth and Dwight Gayle (!) joining Norwich.

When Gayle turned down Norwich, Bournemouth couldn't sign Grabban so wouldn't let Kermorgant go.

If that was the case I can't see them letting him leave on loan..

Spoke to someone at the Bournemouth end on deadline day, he said the deal depended on Lewis Grabban joining Bournemouth and Dwight Gayle (!) joining Norwich.

When Gayle turned down Norwich, Bournemouth couldn't sign Grabban so wouldn't let Kermorgant go.

If that was the case I can't see them letting him leave on loan..

Stick in a recall clause and I don't see why they wouldn't?

Unfortunately can't see us getting Kermorgant on loan unless B'Mouth sign a striker on loan.

Down the middle they only have Wilson, Rantie and Murray don't they? Most managers like 4.

No chance of that then until January at best - Bmouth cannot use the emergency loan window as it's only for incomings to the Football League and only domestic loans.

Unless Bmouth are going to try to wrap him in cotton wool I find it more likely he would go out on loan with a very quick recall clause in order for him to be match sharp should he be required.

Any decent premiership strikers not make their teams final squad? 

I'd give Sordell a short term deal to be honest. Low risk free transfer who could score goals for us at this level. For whatever reason hasn't worked for him up north but it's never easy for a striker when they don't get a run of games. 

There's been a few blokes in the Ateyo so far this season who I swear must enjoy cream of sprout soup with a pickled egg immediately before the match. It ain't the swearing in there that would primarily stop me taking a young 'un, I'd be concerned about their ability to withstand it.

Agree with those who say Bournemouth would be mad to loan us Kermorgant now. They've already been very unlucky with injuries and I don't think they can insert a return clause in any loan outside the window.

Not at all sure about Sordell, his career has completely gone down the tubes in recent years and is he any better than Callum Robinson? 

If so we shouldn't have brought him in..

Archived