IGNORED

Peterborough

The Gasbuster

P'boro' were a financially poor, but fairly well run club managed by Mick Halsall.

Barry Fry, having left Brum with access to money, offered to buy P'boro' and save the club. In return though, he insisted on becoming Manager. Halsall sacked not due to poor results, but to satisfy an egomaniac.

For some reason a TV company made a documentary series about P'boro'. Millionaire Darragh McAnthony saw the programme and offered to buy the club. Results continued to be poor, so Fry sacked himself as Manager, but insisted on remaining as Director of Football. McAnthony has ploughed in cash, but no Manager seems to do well and thus last long here.

First City game I took my son to was v Peterborough under SOD at start of 13/14 season.  They were big, powerful and looked like they'd romp the league.  They had Little, Tomlin, Assombalonga and Barnett (!!!) amongst others.  But for some reason it all went wrong.  Last season they started well but again the wheels fell off.

Probably a club at their level, but a Chairman who thinks differently.

P'boro' were a financially poor, but fairly well run club managed by Mick Halsall.

Barry Fry, having left Brum with access to money, offered to buy P'boro' and save the club. In return though, he insisted on becoming Manager. Halsall sacked not due to poor results, but to satisfy an egomaniac.

For some reason a TV company made a documentary series about P'boro'. Millionaire Darragh McAnthony saw the programme and offered to buy the club. Results continued to be poor, so Fry sacked himself as Manager, but insisted on remaining as Director of Football. McAnthony has ploughed in cash, but no Manager seems to do well and thus last long here.

And McAnthony's business dealings have always been seen as "dubious" at best 

Do not like the Club especially when gob ***** Ferguson in charge, couldn't credit us when Sam put 2 past them and made them look silly but I had one of my best ever Away experiences there on there splendid old-fashioned terrace. Do you remember a few seasons ago our rude boys had mastered the art of the "disguised mega banger". It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen - a line of plod and stewards facing us trying to work out who was setting off these high ordinance mega bangers from amongst a choreographed mass of City fans. To this day I don't know how this was achieved. ****ing brilliant.

Posh did have an effective midfields Grant McCann who had a strong shot and was usually trusted to take their free kicks.  He stopped playing here and moved to Glentorran in NI. McAnthony stated "McCann will make a great Manager for Posh".

McCann returned from The Glens and became a Coach at London Road, because he wasn't yet ready to become a Manager. Now P'boro' need a new Manager and even the outgoing man reckons McCann is the man for the job.

Worth a flutter at the bookies?

gas fans think they may go after dopey Darrell :facepalm:

Really???!!

Why? Based on what? Dunno why I'm asking rhetorical questions, they just make me laugh and laugh!

Having said that though, there's lots on here who link SC with every vacancy and spit vitriol at seasoned campaigners like Sam Allardyce, who led Bolton to 8th in the Premier League and has loads of success on his CV.

We laugh at the Blue Few but still some manage to amuse on here with their lack of football knowledge...

I see the outgoing Manager reckons that a few trolls on Twitter put pressure on the chairman, what a spineless dick McAnthony must be if that is true. McAnthony is quoted as saying "Make no mistake, our players must also shoulder responsibility for this awful start to the season which has now led to a great person losing their job." . Apparently the players get to keep their jobs, so I don't suppose they are too worried.......

Archived