IGNORED

Buy a Brick

Champion Dung Spreader

Going back even further, when we bought shares was their going to be some board with our names on going to be displayed at the ground? Was that done or am I just dreaming that? Got a share certificate somewhere which must, at least, be worth the paper it is written on.

Wouldn't mind buying another brick personally, but it sounds like only existing 'brickies' and in memorial bricks are going to be incorporated in the 'new' plans 

I seem to recall when the original South stand was ditched in favour of AV the club wrote to everyone offering two choices - money back or names to be put on a big plaque. That was in the dolman corridor (I think) for many years. 

So yeah people could have had money back if they really wanted it.

I seem to recall when the original South stand was ditched in favour of AV the club wrote to everyone offering two choices - money back or names to be put on a big plaque. That was in the dolman corridor (I think) for many years. 

Actually you are spot on Tomarse, i recall that now. Even if they didn't, i can't believe the fuss some make over this.

Going back even further, when we bought shares was their going to be some board with our names on going to be displayed at the ground? Was that done or am I just dreaming that? Got a share certificate somewhere which must, at least, be worth the paper it is written on.

Wouldn't mind buying another brick personally, but it sounds like only existing 'brickies' and in memorial bricks are going to be incorporated in the 'new' plans 

Think you did dream that, I bought shares from both issues (including '82) and can't remember anything about a board or the like.

Yes I too bought a brick for the old stand.  Every time I went to the loo in the old RednWhite I used to pause in front of the Perspex plaque with all our names on and look in wonder and awe at the misspelling of my name!  So if the club is going to honour all us £35ers then I suppose I had better put them right.

I know City are pretty bad sometimes, but how the **** could even they misspell "m42"???

• Admin

Never got the letter,Know of four other people that never got one either

@Sargent Pepper did you get one or more? 

I paid £35 , received a letter offering money back or name on plaque. I went for name on plaque. But I no others who also received letter

I think the board you are referring to was on the staircase to the Hospitality Suite in the Williams.

I bought a brick. I don't remember receiving any option to get money back. I wouldn't have accepted it anyway,

I would feel pretty proud to have my brick in the new stand. However, I can't remember what I wanted on the brick.

It was 10 years ago and I am fairly sure I would probably change what I had originally said.

I moved around so much my address is not the same. 

Would be nice to have the option to change my original request.

is there a way of finding out?

Stevo 

Never got the letter,Know of four other people that never got one either

@Sargent Pepper did you get one or more? 

brick or letter? One of each. I choose to wait for the brick to be put in a permanent location rather than have my £35 back. Pleased I did. 

I'm not sure why the club would send letters to some and not other so pretty sure either people missed the letters or to Royal Mail people need to be asking for compensation from! Either way, I'm sure the letter wasn't the only medium this message was convoyed through. 

I Really dont see what the fuss is about but there we go. I've had a lot more to concern myself with over the last 10 years unfortunately. Oh well. Each to their own.

Archived