IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Should be a cracker that.

Just checking BBC boxing website and 8 of the last 10 stories are about KSI v Fury...just unbelievable. You start to wonder whether boxing is a serious sport anymore. So sad.

I stopped taking a real interest in it a while ago. Whether it be bent judges, drugs or people just making complete fools of themselves. Watch the big ones but just not as interested as I once was. Last night just adds to it. It’s so cringeworthy. It’s basically WWE in a boxing ring. 

Not sure why people are saying last night reflects badly on boxing as a sport. It was literally unlicensed other than by a body the promoters made up to make it look semi legitimate.

No credible board of control would touch it with barge pole, so I would argue that pro boxing has in fact turned its back on this shite to preserve (what's left of!) its integrity despite the temptingly vast sums of money involved.

As @petehinton said, by the sounds of it everyone who paid for that got exactly the spectacle they deserved!

• Like 1

If boxing was in a good way this wouldn't have been allowed to get as popular as it has. Some of the blame must be directed towards the other circus in town which is the current Heavyweight champion. He's been encouraged to make an absolute mockery of a serious sport unchallenged by the boards of control. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, screech said:

If boxing was in a good way this wouldn't have been allowed to get as popular as it has. Some of the blame must be directed towards the other circus in town which is the current Heavyweight champion. He's been encouraged to make an absolute mockery of a serious sport unchallenged by the boards of control. 

....and promoters.

the problem is chaps the younger generation love the youtubers and the so called boxing bouts we get served up now.

had it on at are club saturday and was packed spoke to some of the young lads they did not have a clue who hagler duran hearns and sugar ray was, so i thought i would give it another go with benn watson eubank collins,lets just say i gave up after that.

and the worse thing for me they caught me out on being a massive tyson fury fan and his next fight little buggers

will i be watching yes do i agree with it hell no

i remember being young when robbie williams and liam gallagher was going to get it on that would be worth a bloody fortune now

On 15/10/2023 at 11:42, screech said:

I just don't agree with this. It's like blaming FIFA for Soccer Aid being crap.

Very few real boxing fans watch influencer boxing, because it's absolute shit. Very few influencer boxing fans watch real boxing, because it doesn't have the characters they are interested in watching 'fighting'. They cater for entirely different audiences.

'Boxing' cannot decree that all influencer boxing is forbidden, the same way as the 'football' can't stop a load of useless muppets kicking a ball around a park because they're playing so awfully. 

There are an awful lot of legitimate things you can criticise the sport for, but the fact it's been embraced as a money spinner by a bunch of YouTube arseholes isn't one of them imo.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1