IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Absolute joke of a decision, for an absolute joke of a sport.  Simple as. 

The narrative around Ngannou is staggering. MMA this, mma that. Clearly no one’s ever watched him fight, because he has the biggest punch in the history of the sport. He’s not a jiu jitsu guy. 

Should’ve been the greatest story in combat sport. Absolutely robbed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Really? You clearly know more about boxing than me but I would be hugely surprised if Fury wins this.  I think there will be uproar if he does 

Fury could not miss with the jab,those are scoring punches and every round he continually landed,to the non boxing eye you don’t notice it,fair play to ngann though 

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I wonder what Usyk is thinking.

Probably what excuse Fury is going to come up with to avoid fighting him in December.

We'll see.

Does any heavyweight want to fight,that’s why we are having these fights,AJ doesn’t want to fight anyone decent,Wilder is happy rolling over bums,only USYK will fight anyone 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Does any heavyweight want to fight,that’s why we are having these fights,AJ doesn’t want to fight anyone decent,Wilder is happy rolling over bums,only USYK will fight anyone 

They want to fight, they just don't want to risk losing.

Based on tonight's performance, I suspect Fury would be wary of fighting Usyk, even though he was spouting off about December - to which Usyk agreed.

As you say, though, Usyk is the only one prepared to take a chance and, unless Fury can get himself in to shape - I thought he looked out of condition tonight - I can't see the fight going ahead. 

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

At least you know what you are getting with the YouTubers. Can you explain what tonight was supposed to be?

An exhibition match under boxing rules that lots of people let TNT and Queensbury convince them was of any importance whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

An exhibition match under boxing rules that lots of people let TNT and Queensbury convince them was of any importance whatsoever.

This wasn’t a mayweather v YouTuber exhibition fight but I agree it has no importance just like the rumoured AJ v Wallin fight although Eddie will swear blind it’s a great fight 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ridiculous this was. Fury could’ve won that whenever he wanted. Guarantee his family had money on points. Absolute nonsense fight. 

Totally agree but myself have a sneak feeling that the Saudis said do what you want but for every round you go Tyson you get a extra 2 million so it’s up to you son(obviously I have no proof but if I’m found floating in a river with my hands chopped off then I wasn’t far wrong) 

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Frampton and Bunce say Fury lost

Lewis says he won. 

not seen any other experts views 

Bunce is a commentator not a expert 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Totally agree but myself have a sneak feeling that the Saudis said do what you want but for every round you go Tyson you get a extra 2 million so it’s up to you son(obviously I have no proof but if I’m found floating in a river with my hands chopped off then I wasn’t far wrong) 

Bunce is a commentator not a expert 

Commentator and pundit