IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

58 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You do.  

The first big punch gets through Martin.  You seem to think that's acceptable for a champion.

You do know how he became champion I hope,by default if you didn't,as for the first big punch that gets through then you need look no further then buster Douglas against Tyson,Spose tyson wasn't a champion:facepalm:

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You do know how he became champion I hope,by default if you didn't,as for the first big punch that gets through then you need look no further then buster Douglas against Tyson,Spose tyson wasn't a champion:facepalm:

I don't know what you are talking about.  I am saying that Martin was very poor. 

Very poor grammar in your post so perhaps I have missed something.

Have you mocked anyone with depression recently?

Edited by RedDave
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Watch that fight again

Douglas hit tyson with big shots round after round

The reason the fight lasted as long as it did was beacuse Tyson was a true champion

3 hours ago, Craven arms said:

Haye wins next fight

Fury loses against Klitschco

Wilder beats Fury (but still hangs around telling eveybody he's the best ever)

Joshua wins againsts Haye (retires again)

Joshua beats Klitschko

Joshua takes on Wilder

Only aspect I disagree with is I think Fury wins the rematch. Personally I can't wait to hear Haye's excuse when beaten by AJ. What's it going to be this time?!

On Saturday, April 09, 2016 at 23:41, RedDave said:

boxers are there to take punches.  Second one was average.  He didn't want to know.

They're not and Martin has to think about his health, family and career.

Quite simply he found out he was out of his depth pretty quickly.

He tasted the power and after that he didn't want to know, and who can blame him? He gets up the second time, he's only going straight down again - why risk potential permanent damage? 

Chisora v Pulev and Khan v Alvarez this weekend.

Chisora up to his usual antics at the presser yesterday dragging Pulev's head down whilst in the stare out. He's got his work cut-out on the night and whilst capable of a surprise will probably lose.

Alvarez heavy favourite to beat Khan. I like what I've been hearing from Khan though, accepting he doesn't have the power to trouble Alvarez and saying he'll use his speed and movement to win the fight. If he gets dragged into a fight with Alvarez; he's getting knocked out. If he boxes on the outside and retains his speed from being a light-welter then I believe he can win and will be having a little bet on him at 5/1 to win on points.

Probably nothing in it but a bit of chat online about a Conor McGregor vs Mayweather boxing match..

Supposedly a 'billion dollar fight' - surely Mayweather would outclass him, if it did happen, would be more like a WWE showbiz thing than an actual boxing match.

McGregor is keen to make as much money as possible and his stock is high now.. Think he'd fancy it if it could happen.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably nothing in it but a bit of chat online about a Conor McGregor vs Mayweather boxing match..

Supposedly a 'billion dollar fight' - surely Mayweather would outclass him, if it did happen, would be more like a WWE showbiz thing than an actual boxing match.

McGregor is keen to make as much money as possible and his stock is high now.. Think he'd fancy it if it could happen.

McGregor wouldn't last long with club boxers before he's knocked out tbh,but we know mayweather doesn't want to fight the best in boxing anymore so a gimmick like this will earn him millions 

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

McGregor wouldn't last long with club boxers before he's knocked out tbh,but we know mayweather doesn't want to fight the best in boxing anymore so a gimmick like this will earn him millions 

That's my thinking too. Would be a massive PPV on it, even if it is a showbiz event in reality rather than a fight.

In other news, I see Haye's next fight has been announced that it's being shown.. On Dave! :facepalm: hope it's a better contest than De Mori.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

16 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Nice to hear crolla trainer on radio earlier saying they could of took easy unification bout,but the fighter wanted to fight the best so took on the mandatory challenger who is the favourite.

Should be a cracking fight that,in fact it is a good night of boxing.Hope chisora gets knocked out,seriously something wrong in that lads head