IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not 100% AJ fan either. His conviction for dealing drugs seems to be a forgotten thing.  I know the Hearns are protecting him somewhat but I don't think its fair to say he hasn't stepped up and faced most fighters in the top 5-10 in the world.  It would have been a whole different world if Fury hadn't have been away from the game for 2+ years that for sure. 

On a plus note at least Lomo is fighting on Saturday.. how can anyone not like this chap? ?

I agree he has stepped up and beaten who is in front of him and showed tremendous guts in doing so against Wlad and Povetkin. I just don't get the love in for him.

Lomo what a fighter

Interesting debate on 5live tonight. Warren says Fury / Wilder rematch is likely to be set and agreed and they want the fight in the UK.

The Hearns have said likely AJ for Whyte if he wins on 22nd. Barry Hearn has apparently said they should have taken the 50 million dollars from Wilder camp.

Looks like Warren is on the up and the Hearns are playing catch up

1 hour ago, Undy English said:

Mayweather update: his New Year's Eve fight against Nasukawa is going ahead at an arena in Tokyo.

There will be no judges, no score cards, no official records and no kicking (Queenberry boxing rules only).

Hes fighting a kickboxer who isn’t allowed to kick,brilliant stuff where do I pay to watch this ?

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

Mayweather update: his New Year's Eve fight against Nasukawa is going ahead at an arena in Tokyo.

There will be no judges, no score cards, no official records and no kicking (Queenberry boxing rules only).

? What a waste of time. 

Who in their right mind would pay to watch that? It's just a glorified sparring session ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

? What a waste of time. 

Who in their right mind would pay to watch that? It's just a glorified sparring session ffs. 

Jokes aside would you argue it could be a dangerous fight for Floyd?

Most professional athletes can give a good account of themselves in 9 mins. Even McGregor started strongly when he face Floyd, only for fatigue to seep in as the fight went on. Could this Japanese kid make a name for himself by going all out, non-stop frantic action for 3 rounds in the hope of stopping, or at least troubling Floyd? 

Most professional athletes can give a good account of themselves in 9 mins. Even McGregor started strongly when he face Floyd, only for fatigue to seep in as the fight went on. Could this Japanese kid make a name for himself by going all out, non-stop frantic action for 3 rounds in the hope of stopping, or at least troubling Floyd? 

No

• Haha 1

Without allowing kicking I just can't see it. If the kid goes all out I'd expect Mayweather to stop him.

I wonder why they've decided to not make it a contest? 

34 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Without allowing kicking I just can't see it. If the kid goes all out I'd expect Mayweather to stop him.

I wonder why they've decided to not make it a contest? 

The kid must be contracted to earn multimillions because there is nothing to stop him getting in the ring and roundhousing mayweather right in the chops

34 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

What difference would that make mate?

I've only ever seen a sanctioning body call for an 'immediate' rematch before. Calling for a 'direct' rematch seems to me to leaving room for it to be within the next couple of fights rather than the NEXT fight.

It makes me wonder if Wilder's team are looking for the AJ fight which, as a unification, would take precedence over a straight WBC title fight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stortz said:

I've only ever seen a sanctioning body call for an 'immediate' rematch before. Calling for a 'direct' rematch seems to me to leaving room for it to be within the next couple of fights rather than the NEXT fight.

It makes me wonder if Wilder's team are looking for the AJ fight which, as a unification, would take precedence over a straight WBC title fight.

Cheers, I see what you mean now.

Lots of people saying it might be Joshua - Wilder next I’m excited to see them all fight each other but it seems unfair on Tyson if he doesn’t get to fight either of them next.

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Cheers, I see what you mean now.

Lots of people saying it might be Joshua - Wilder next I’m excited to see them all fight each other but it seems unfair on Tyson if he doesn’t get to fight either of them next.

I may be over analysing it tbh, but I wouldn't put anything past the WBC!

9 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Impressive result for you lot today. 

Missed Kid Galahad again! One of these days I'm going to put the boxing on early enough to actually see him fight.

No messing from Fowler there.

Just put it on,Froch just shut down Nelson by saying I don’t know what it’s like to be knocked out 

• Haha 3