IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely Callum Smith should be pushing to fight GGG now?

The difference in size would be massive. Mundo is about 185lbs after rehydration come fight night, whereas Golovkin is a natural MW at 160lbs. I'm not sure GGG wants any of that smoke at this stage of his career.

Canelo would be a far more equal match up, but won't be tempted out of Vegas for the Anfield fight Smith is desperate for.

Apprently Gennadiy had flu all week, which may explain his performance last night. If so, that was a seriously brave effort.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seeing Hearn/Joshua empire come crashing down wasn’t so bad!

That was quite funny, and seing AJ dismantled was a fascinating watch.

Off on a tangent...As much as I think WWE is a pathetic excuse for entertainment, I think Fury doing it is a PR masterstroke, and his profile in the US will get a massive boost. He's a bigger name over there than Joshua already (I reckon) and he'll sell more PPV with this stunt. He's great at schoolboy amateur dramatics too so is probably doing a better job that half the wrestlers. If Fury can keep winning I can see him being a bigger hit (pun intended) than any of the big British names of recent decades.

• Like 2

Errol Spence Jr in a serious car crash. From the info released, sounds like he was driving at speed, lost control, flipped, wasn't strapped in and was thrown from the car.

You'd expect he's sustained some serious injuries. Let's hope it doesn't have too significant impact (no pun intended this time) on his career.

IF he was reckless, it could be something he lives to have grave regrets about.

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Errol Spence Jr in a serious car crash. From the info released, sounds like he was driving at speed, lost control, flipped, wasn't strapped in and was thrown from the car.

You'd expect he's sustained some serious injuries. Let's hope it doesn't have too significant impact (no pun intended this time) on his career.

IF he was reckless, it could be something he lives to have grave regrets about.

Sounds like he got very very lucky mate.

Jeeeez

Edited by Stortz

33 minutes ago, mozo said:

That's amazing. I hope he recovers and fights again whilst still in prime. I also hope he wasn't drinking because then I'd lose all respect for him.

It looks like he'll survive, but fighting again at any level may be out of the question now sadly.

Getting dumped out of a car at that speed- even onto a lawn- would probably cause injuries that would end a boxing career, and it sounds like he's taken a pretty severe trauma to the face too.

3 minutes ago, Stortz said:

It looks like he'll survive, but fighting again at any level may be out of the question now sadly.

Getting dumped out of a car at that speed- even onto a lawn- would probably cause injuries that would end a boxing career, and it sounds like he's taken a pretty severe trauma to the face too.

Question is, was Richard Keogh in the car...?

Too soon?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Unconscious on the back seat on top of Spence's personal Oxycontin pile haha

Did you see that video in which two cars drove past without stopping to help Errol? Unconfirmed reports that it was Danny Garcia in the first car and Shawn Porter in the second. They slowed down just enough to grab a belt each...

19 hours ago, Stortz said:

Remarkably...

“Spence is awake and responding and is listed in stable condition,” his representatives said in a statement. “He didn’t sustain any broken bones or fractures but does have some facial lacerations. He is expected to make a full recovery.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stortz said:

You misspelt 'so knuckle chewingly awful I cringed myself inside out' mate!

If Tyson was any more wooden a passer by would Cuprinol him.

Would fury’s eye be fully healed by then,bit of a risk if not,especially if the earthquake makes a appearance and sits on his head. Just noticed the earthquake is dead so that’s not going to happen my bad

Edited by joe jordans teeth