IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I know its massive odds for what I think will be a close fight,it's only because frampton is stepping up in weight 

Frampton will probably have more support than Santa Cruz. 

I was impressed with him in the fight with Quigg.

9 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Spot on Michael, Frampton had the majority of the support, although, he might not have got the decision in LA. As a lot of the rounds were close.

Thanks! They seemed more bemused by the margin of the other two judges' scores than the one who called it a draw so I'm sure they'd agree with you there. Wonder if Santa Cruz has a rematch clause.

On 02/08/2016 at 14:47, B1ackbird said:

No rematch clause as I think Santa Cruz expected to win, Frampton said he would give him a rematch in Belfast, or fight Selby which would be a great fight....

They'll surely go again after that though, it was a fantastic fight. Really high quality action and a good tear up too!

Frampton is a really excellent fighter. If he had a bit more pop in his punches he would be complete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Cruz had a lot on his plate coming up to that fight and whatever a boxer says it will always have been on his mind,think frampton beats selby myself so would love to see a rematch 

Totally, fair play to Santa Cruz's dad for being there for his boy on the night.

Got to be a rematch, FOTY so far I reckon

• Like 1