IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

On 21/09/2016 at 12:36, Kid in the Riot said:

Kovalev will be punching thin air all night.

I reckon you're right, Chilemba made him look very ordinary last time he was out, which doesn't bode well for taking on someone as slick as Ward.

If you stand in front of Kov you're in a world of shit but Ward's style is the antithesis of that and I don't think Kov has the skills to cope or the ability to drag Ward into a tear up.

Can't wait for Crolla Linares on Saturday.

Linares v Crolla will be great.

Linares' fight with Mitchell was brutal, all out war. Crolla may edge it but wouldn't like to call it at this stage. I'm justy looking forward to a good tear up, as both boxers always give it their all.

On an added note, it's a shame Crolla isn't considered in the same category as the UK's 'top' boxers. Hopefully after this fight he will be. The lad is class and a great sportsman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Brilliant fight, Crolla was superb in the last fight, Linares is brutal, but beatable...

Yeah, he executed his game plan perfectly against Barroso. A lot of credit goes to Joe Gallagher there too.

It's a genuine pick 'em fight. I would lean towards Linares after the grit he showed against Mitchell but Crolla keeps surprising us and gets better every fight.

Can't bloody wait.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Yeah, he executed his game plan perfectly against Barroso. A lot of credit goes to Joe Gallagher there too.

It's a genuine pick 'em fight. I would lean towards Linares after the grit he showed against Mitchell but Crolla keeps surprising us and gets better every fight.

Can't bloody wait.

Agree with all that mate,I'm leaning towards linares as well. Lets hope crolla does it tho because if anybody deserves to it's him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Can't bloody wait.

I've bet against Crolla a couple of times and learnt my lesson!

He is one tough kid and you could already make a film about his life/career - a fantastic story.

I shall not be betting against him tomorrow! Ooooohhh Anthony Crolla!

Shame I'll probably be on the train back from Fulham when the fights on.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I've bet against Crolla a couple of times and learnt my lesson!

He is one tough kid and you could already make a film about his life/career - a fantastic story.

I shall not be betting against him tomorrow! Ooooohhh Anthony Crolla!

Shame I'll probably be on the train back from Fulham when the fights on.

Ringwalks are around 2230, are you stopping in London for a few?!

Fury Klitschko off again, strip him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-vs-wladimir-klitschko-8900988

Was always on the cards, Fury was spotted out on the piss again earlier this week and from the latest photos currently has a physique like Jeremy Clarkson.You don't do that 5 weeks before a fight.

That press conference when he didn't show up was more like a wake than a heavyweight title event, Wlad especially seemed to know exactly what was happening.

31 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You get lucky once in boxing never twice,just looking at klit you know he means business this time,fury should just retire and stop taking boxing fans for mugs

Agree with most of that apart from the 'lucky' bit. He's many things but that night in Germany was the greatest 12 rounds Tyson fury ever boxed. Far from lucky , infact the opposite he restricted klitscko to 36 punches in the whole fight, that's not someone who was lucky but well drilled.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Agree with most of that apart from the 'lucky' bit. He's many things but that night in Germany was the greatest 12 rounds Tyson fury ever boxed. Far from lucky , infact the opposite he restricted klitscko to 36 punches in the whole fight, that's not someone who was lucky but well drilled.

I meant by lucky catching a boxer on a off day,don't get me wrong I'm by far klits biggest fan but he was off his usual game that night. Maybe it was because fury is better than him or klit is getting to old,fury isn't willing to find out by the looks of it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I meant by lucky catching a boxer on a off day,don't get me wrong I'm by far klits biggest fan but he was off his usual game that night. Maybe it was because fury is better than him or klit is getting to old,fury isn't willing to find out by the looks of it 

He under estimated Fury last time, thought he was a complete loon. I think that was Fury's game plan and it certainly worked.

I would like the authorities to complete an independent assessment on Fury to assess his injury. Once is bad luck, twice so soon? I'm not sure if a boxer has to be independently assessed?

47 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Imagine the WBA/WBO will take his belts off him before much longer. 

Definitely, they've missed out on over a year of big fat sanctioning fees while Fury has been sat in Morecombe eating chips!

At least with Wlad they were guaranteed 2 or 3 lots of those a year, never mind how stifling it was for the heavyweight division.

Fight Day! Going to join @Kid in the Riot in a preemptive 'Ooooooh Anthony Crolla'!

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Definitely, they've missed out on over a year of big fat sanctioning fees while Fury has been sat in Morecombe eating chips!

At least with Wlad they were guaranteed 2 or 3 lots of those a year, never mind how stifling it was for the heavyweight division.

Fight Day! Going to join @Kid in the Riot in a preemptive 'Ooooooh Anthony Crolla'!

Any city staying in London tonight and planning on watching the fight?

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Eddie Hearn trying to slot AJ instead. Not sure about that, Wlad could school him IMO 

Hearn obviously believes Wlad has permanently declined, he says they love the fight on Twitter. No way would he risk the golden goose unless he was 100% confident Klitschko has totally gone.

Maybe they've had a few whispers from inside somewhere to that effect. It's a truly stellar name for AJ's resume if he could pull it off.

42 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Hearn obviously believes Wlad has permanently declined, he says they love the fight on Twitter. No way would he risk the golden goose unless he was 100% confident Klitschko has totally gone.

Maybe they've had a few whispers from inside somewhere to that effect. It's a truly stellar name for AJ's resume if he could pull it off.

Would still rather see him fight Parker first,that would be tasty then fight a even older klit,that would be the sensible route but who knows with Hearn 

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Would still rather see him fight Parker first,that would be tasty then fight a even older klit,that would be the sensible route but who knows with Hearn 

Parker is the fight on the 26 November at the moment unless they go for Klitschko. Pulev and Stiverne both turned it down according to Hearn.

23 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Something tells me we might never see him in a ring again

It's being widely reported now that it is mental health issues affecting Fury. Great shame but not a surprise given his previous behaviour. His issues have been well documented for a while, this interview with the ever exceptional Donald McRae is from 5 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/nov/05/tyson-fury-interview

17 minutes ago, Stortz said:

It's being widely reported now that it is mental health issues affecting Fury. Great shame but not a surprise given his previous behaviour. His issues have been well documented for a while, this interview with the ever exceptional Donald McRae is from 5 years ago

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/nov/05/tyson-fury-interview

You just never no with him,the doping rumours have never ever gone away either