IGNORED

FA Cup exits

22A

The cull of localish teams has continued into the final qualifying round.

Chippenham and W-S-M both lost. Cheltenham drew 3-3 away, replay Tuesday night.

FGR are through after a 2-1 away win. On Monday we find out which League team from the lower two divisions they meet next.

OK so FGR travel to Wimbledon in the First Round Proper. If Cheltenham win their home replay they travel to Hartlepool. :facepalm:

Meanwhile will Chesham cause a cup upset? :fingerscrossed: To get this far they've already won two away ties, one of them 2-0 at Paulton. In the League they've beaten Paulton 2-1 and Frome 5-1 so they like this area.

OK so FGR travel to Wimbledon in the First Round Proper. If Cheltenham win their home replay they travel to Hartlepool. :facepalm:

Meanwhile will Chesham cause a cup upset? :fingerscrossed: To get this far they've already won two away ties, one of them 2-0 at Paulton. In the League they've beaten Paulton 2-1 and Frome 5-1 so they like this area.

Chesham with Barry hayles scoring a last minute winner would be nice!

I grew up in Chesham, moved to Bristol when I was 19 which is a long time ago now. The first 'proper' football match I ever went to was in the early 1970s and was Chesham against a team I can't remember (although either Hounslow or Harlow Town are possible), last time I saw them was in December 2013 as my mum still lives in the town.

I was hoping Chesham would get a league club in the first round and as I said to my wife before the draw, wouldn't it be great if it was Rovers.

Needless to say, I p155ed myself laughing when the draw was made ;-)

I grew up in Chesham, moved to Bristol when I was 19 which is a long time ago now. The first 'proper' football match I ever went to was in the early 1970s and was Chesham against a team I can't remember (although either Hounslow or Harlow Town are possible), last time I saw them was in December 2013 as my mum still lives in the town.

I was hoping Chesham would get a league club in the first round and as I said to my wife before the draw, wouldn't it be great if it was Rovers.

Needless to say, I p155ed myself laughing when the draw was made ;-)

When do these get played? We`re not at home are we as I can`t see A&S Police being able to cope with a huge, high profile cup tie like that if we`re home as well. Carnage!

When do these get played? We`re not at home are we as I can`t see A&S Police being able to cope with a huge, high profile cup tie like that if we`re home as well. Carnage!

We're in the Championship now, we don't enter the competition until the Third Round, which is the first weekend in January. I doubt if either Chesham or the Gas will be in the competition at that stage :-) 

We're in the Championship now, we don't enter the competition until the Third Round, which is the first weekend in January. I doubt if either Chesham or the Gas will be in the competition at that stage :-) 

Presumably we`ll have a league game though unless it`s international break time again. I was aware that we don`t enter the cup until the 3rd round.:facepalm:

On 29/10/2015, 20:20:03, Red Right Hand said:

Presumably we`ll have a league game though unless it`s international break time again. I was aware that we don`t enter the cup until the 3rd round.:facepalm:

I don't understand what you mean here. The next international break is the weekend of 14th November, the second round is 5th December, the third round is the weekend of 9th January. And you'd be surprised at how many people don't actually know when we enter the FA Cup. :gaah:

1 hour ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

I don't understand what you mean here. The next international break is the weekend of 14th November, the second round is 5th December, the third round is the weekend of 9th January. And you'd be surprised at how many people don't actually know when we enter the FA Cup:gaah:

I guess you're talking about Post "journalists" there?

2 hours ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

I don't understand what you mean here. The next international break is the weekend of 14th November, the second round is 5th December, the third round is the weekend of 9th January. And you'd be surprised at how many people don't actually know when we enter the FA Cup. :gaah:

My point is, as I don`t follow lower league football that closely, I have no idea when the first round is due to be played but I guess it will be on a Saturday in November. Presumably we also have a game that day which will be either home or away. My question is, if it is at home, will A&S Police allow us both to play at home or will one of us have to switch. As our only home Saturday game in November is Hull on Sky then I think it unlikely we will be able to.

Should A&S decide that they are unable to police us v Hull and the gas v Chesham on the same day it will prove yet again that they are not fit for purpose hence my `carnage` remark.

On 01/11/2015, 16:15:35, Red Right Hand said:

My point is, as I don`t follow lower league football that closely, I have no idea when the first round is due to be played but I guess it will be on a Saturday in November. Presumably we also have a game that day which will be either home or away. My question is, if it is at home, will A&S Police allow us both to play at home or will one of us have to switch. As our only home Saturday game in November is Hull on Sky then I think it unlikely we will be able to.

Should A&S decide that they are unable to police us v Hull and the gas v Chesham on the same day it will prove yet again that they are not fit for purpose hence my `carnage` remark.

There's no issue. Rovers v Chesham is this Sunday, the day after we've played at Bolton.

Archived