IGNORED

A list of City's players that absolutely everyone hated

Lord Northski

Nothing simple about football management and football, witness Chelsea right now. However Pulis did have the spectre of his past hanging over him, I should know I went to every home match in that era and that was how the City crowd judged him. But apart from all that it was dire, the 0.0's were more than anyone should experience. He however he is considered as success in his career, and certainly did a good job at Stoke in keeping them not only up but an established Premiership club.

You should work for sky with that spin! I never said that football management was simple. So you agree that he was a useless manager for us? The rest is irrelevant. What he's done since has no bearing on what a catastrophic failure he was at Ashton Gate. If he'd done well the majority of the crowd would have accepted him. Through a combination of ludicrous signings and dire football he was a disaster and was rightly lambasted for it.

For the record I didn't/don't hate him, but I definitely hated watching his City team play!

For me it was:-

Gary Stanley - Legs had gone by the time he joined City
Tony Dinning - Sat on his a**e after joining.
Scott McGarvey - because he kept trying to poach others goals
Liam Robinson - Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo
Gordon Owen - Cost us a play-off place, and retention of the Freight Rover
Tony Caldwell - Did **** all
Laurie Pearson - Signed and then immediately f**ked off
Sean Dyche - Horsesh**
Tony Fitzpatrick - Total waste of money

Interestingly, I always rated GP alongside Jack Connor and Gordon Low and cannot recall any negative thoughts about TJ either (apart from the fact he later transferred to Rovers).

I certainly cannot recall GG being booed either.

I remember Gerry Gow being roundly booed by the whole ground. It was the day that Bobby Kellard (I think) picked him up by the lapels in front of the Williams stand for doing something stupid. He was subbed at halftime I think. He did learn from it though!

Archived