IGNORED

A list of City's players that absolutely everyone hated

Lord Northski

Brian Mitchell.

Used to get booed when his name was called out before the game. He may have been trying his "best", for all we knew, but he was bloody awful.

In that case; Gordon Parr and/or Trevor Jacobs. They tried their best, but it didn't seem good enough at the time. Odd though it may seem, there was a time when Gerry Gow was a boo boy for a while.

Let me just set the scene. We were at home and I think it was a closeish game, and Russell Osman scores at the Atyeo end. Cue a chorus of booing for the goal. Never heard before, and will never be heard again. Now you understand the depth of feeling for him. The most negative and uninsipiring manager we will ever have.

Absolute nonsense. The most negative and uninspiring manager we have ever had and will ever have is Mr Sean O'Driscoll. Osman was like Mourinho in comparison 

That too but they really went to town after that spell at Palace. There were quite a few dissenters at Stoke by the time he left, as teams were learning to deal with that style of play. There's no doubt he did a decent job at Stoke, results wise, but I know a couple of Stoke fans who wanted shot of him for a long time due to the quality of football his teams serve up.

Fair play.

I did love the Stoke song though: 'Tony Pulis, he wears the club shop...' ,!!!!!

He did look like a kid on Xmas day decked out in Stoke stuff head to foot! I always chuckled at that

In that case; Gordon Parr and/or Trevor Jacobs. They tried their best, but it didn't seem good enough at the time. Odd though it may seem, there was a time when Gerry Gow was a boo boy for a while.

Interestingly, I always rated GP alongside Jack Connor and Gordon Low and cannot recall any negative thoughts about TJ either (apart from the fact he later transferred to Rovers).

I certainly cannot recall GG being booed either.

I can not see why everyone seems down on Russell Osman as he gave us one of the greatest nights that I have had as a Bristol City fan beating Liverpool at Anfield on the

25th January 1994.

Reading Souness's  autobiography he knew our tactics that night as he was staying in the same hotel in the room next to where the they were being discussed so even better for City to win that night. 

You believe that Pulis was Gas, that would not cloud opinion as to his abilities, it had everything  to do with it.

Actually this thread has every thing to do with negatives that hold this club back, obsessing over Rovers, hating  ex players , all adds up to one big negative vibe, not sure any other clubs have this millstone, but you can be sure SL has identified it, look to the future, not back in anger.

not sure if TMOR revealed his true identity on the recent thread but I think I know it

image.jpg

Sean Dyche has to be up there...didn't he have some sort of incident with the City fans? Was he cheered when substituted and he made some gesture?

Not sure if that was Dyche. Iain Baird definitely gave the fans the finger when he got subbed versus Blackpool I think it was. He thankfully never played for City again.

In fact I'll go further, he scored over 100 goals in 333 games in an era when defenders were allowed to tackle, good record.

1 in 2 record for his country too.

Or is your detailed appraisal of him as a person rather than a player?

you may be right , I've never met such an arrogant tosser before in my life .

In my time watching City, nothing compares to Pulis. I can't stand the way the media are always fawning over him because of that 6-month spell at Palace. He's proving again at West Brom that he is an advocate of total anti-football - the 0-0 at home they had this weekend is right up his street. A particularly insipid 1-1 home draw with Cambridge during his tenure still sticks in my mind now. Every City fan wanted shot of him.

I remember that game, he brought Goodridge on then subbed him 20 mins later, with alot of the ground all groaning. 

Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown?  The man who ran seventy yards and crossed the ball for Tony Thorpe to score my favourite goal in the last twenty years, against the Gas in 2000?  I'd forgive him anything for that, but actually he was a damn good player.  Shame it all went pear-shaped for him after he left us.

You've totally ignored the point that I made on this. Despite his Rovers connections, Pulis would have been accepted by the vast majority if his City team had played good football. They didn't and luckily another club came in for him before he did any more damage. It's that simple.

Nothing simple about football management and football, witness Chelsea right now. However Pulis did have the spectre of his past hanging over him, I should know I went to every home match in that era and that was how the City crowd judged him. But apart from all that it was dire, the 0.0's were more than anyone should experience. He however he is considered as success in his career, and certainly did a good job at Stoke in keeping them not only up but an established Premiership club.

Archived