IGNORED

Help!!!

Bs4Red

Is there anybody on this forum that isn't completely clueless? Anybody who actually studies football or somebody whose experience of football isn't just going city or saying what they hear from other people? 

It's like a bunch of youth football parents talking about a game. So frustrating when you're looking for a decent conversation about your team.

Is there anybody on this forum that isn't completely clueless? Anybody who actually studies football or somebody whose experience of football isn't just going city or saying what they hear from other people? 

It's like a bunch of youth football parents talking about a game. So frustrating when you're looking for a decent conversation about your team.

how come you are an expert?

are you drunk?

so what do you want to talk about,how about start a thread asking for a decent conversation instead of slagging people off or is that beyond you? Why would anybody study football,is that a course nowadays you can do at university,wouldn't surprise me

Kachina perhaps if you can find him.

Have you no friends you could talk to..?

Which of us clueless types are you complaining about, the doom mongers or the happy clappers? And which are you?

I'm sorry bu I have never studied football. I was never taught football at school and only allowed to play it once a year at the end of winter term as a 'treat'. I can (could) play though, learnt from kicking the ball about first in my childhood street then in parks. I never went to a match until I was about 15, so yup another disadvantage there sorry. My Dad used to go occasionally so again I'm guilty of learning from other people. Back then children just didn't go to matches with their parents.

you've got me on the football parents thing too I'm afraid. As much as my son loves to watch he would be the first to admit he showed no talent on the field at all, so no standing on the touchline for me.

i guess I'm not a lot of help for you to have a meaningful debate with as my comments and experience would be instantly dismissed. I hope you find a like minded person soon.

Yours Clueless

Is that you Spudski?

Haha...no....but he/she does have a point.

There are plenty of people on here that have some idea about football. Having spoken to them, there are Ex pros, people taking coaching badges, actively coaching, people who play to a decent standard, Scouts, parents of sons who play for the club, people who actually work for the club, and people who study football for a hobby or try to write blogs about it.

The biggest problem I often see, is when certain people try to make very strong worded comments about subjects, when it's obvious they have had no previous knowledge of how a professional football club works. Or if there is a decent conversation going on, many find that if they have nothing decent to add, they will just post some often unfunny jibe just for the hell of it....what's the point of that?

Like I said in another thread, posters have stopped posting on the main forum, for many reasons. And unfortunately it has led to conversations being held by pm.

Unfortunately a very vocal minority, will constantly just take the piss and make out everyone else is up themselves....apart from themselves.

Surely it's about looking at a thread and realising if you've got nothing worth adding, then not doing so, instead of posting some witless ditty for the hell of it?

Either way....it's the forums loss....I speak out, and get more than my fair share of grief....many have decided not to bother posting any more which is a shame for the forum imho.

Surely as Admin you will have noticed how this forum has become like reading the Sunday Sport or listening to Talk sport?

Tin hat on :-)

Haha...no....but he/she does have a point.

Surely it's about looking at a thread and realising if you've got nothing worth adding, then not doing so, instead of posting some witless ditty for the hell of it?Surely as Admin you will have noticed how this forum has become like reading the Sunday Sport or listening to Talk sport?

Tin hat on :-)

You can't have your cake and eat it, so you have to step up to the plate and face the music

I'm from the witless ditty school of thought - if I knew what I was talking about I doubt I would impart my knowledge for free on OTIB .

You can't have your cake and eat it, so you have to step up to the plate and face the music

I'm from the witless ditty school of thought - if I knew what I was talking about I doubt I would impart my knowledge for free on OTIB .

Sorry for my ignorance mate...but I really am struggling to understand what you mean in your statement. Can you elaborate?

Sorry for my ignorance mate...but I really am struggling to understand what you mean in your statement. Can you elaborate?

Certainly, the first line was a humourous play on words or so I thought with absolutely no meaning just a load of cliches bunged in for no apparent reason.

The second sentence was meant to imply that I post on here as a fan who is totally City biased with no  more knowledge than the bloke down the pub(me).

Sorry no hidden meaning or agenda to follow - if i'm honest spending too much time on this board has made me pasty faced and allergic to daylight .

It's just a game

I'm sorry bu I have never studied football. I was never taught football at school and only allowed to play it once a year at the end of winter term as a 'treat'. I can (could) play though, learnt from kicking the ball about first in my childhood street then in parks. I never went to a match until I was about 15, so yup another disadvantage there sorry. My Dad used to go occasionally so again I'm guilty of learning from other people. Back then children just didn't go to matches with their parents.

you've got me on the football parents thing too I'm afraid. As much as my son loves to watch he would be the first to admit he showed no talent on the field at all, so no standing on the touchline for me.

i guess I'm not a lot of help for you to have a meaningful debate with as my comments and experience would be instantly dismissed. I hope you find a like minded person soon.

Yours Clueless

I'm not sure my comment was exactly what I was trying to say, I think my problem is more with they layout of the conversations in that I find it hard to talk to people on here because you can't have a direct conversation as such. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. My point was more that people don't tend to respond or when they do it tends to be less serious. I love coming on here and seeing the contrasting opinions but I sometimes feel you can't have a proper chat/debate. 

I'm not sure my comment was exactly what I was trying to say, I think my problem is more with they layout of the conversations in that I find it hard to talk to people on here because you can't have a direct conversation as such. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. My point was more that people don't tend to respond or when they do it tends to be less serious. I love coming on here and seeing the contrasting opinions but I sometimes feel you can't have a proper chat/debate. 

Even by calling people clueless?

My aim on this thread wasn't to offend people and I realise I put my didn't put my point across in the best way. My frustration lies with and I think Spudski said I correctly about people putting input into something they don't know about. There are 100s of great threads on here and some fantastic debates. But sometimes people comment things to get a reaction or something funny and it kid a whole thread. Now I love this sight and I don't think anyone is clueless and that was the wrong thing to say and I feel I should apologise. I just feel that lots of threads get ruined by one "joke" or something and that's the end of it.

but once again I am sorry if I offended anyone. That was never my intention 

Even by calling people clueless?

As I've said in my last two comments. The word clueless was used loosely. It wasn't a slur at people it was more just a frustration at the people who tend to kill the good debates ect. I'm sure you for one know the kind of things I'm talking about?

Let me guess, someone disagreed with you opinion?

The horror.

it genuinely wasn't. That's what I'm trying to say I love coming on here and contrasting opinions about players or games. That's the whole point in the site but I find it a killer when people try to just be funny and ruin a thread that could have been quite interesting. Some people may agree some may not 

Archived