IGNORED

Kodjia has saved us millions

southvillekiddy

Thankyou Cotts and Gurt Burt

Judging on last the last 5 games it's clear that the Old Codger has saved us 6 or 7 million quid, seeing as we could have spent 8 or 9 million on Gayle or the other over-rated merchant from Brentford (look at them sinking).

Jonathan has the speed and skills to out-wit defenders. 4 goals in 5 is more than decent and with a little bit more poise near goal when he's settled with the team and isn't trying so hard  he can easily be top scorer in this League.

Let's not get too hasty and big the lad up. He's still learning the game in England, he's done a terrific job so far but I don't want high expectations of him already.

Let the lad play, he certainly looks like he's enjoying it.

A modern footballer who's enjoying it,can it be true.

He's got something about him. He's like a JET who runs all game, which is just what we need. He's great to watch, runs with the ball so well, has plenty of tricks and a neat finish. Granted not every shot goes in but he's certainly worth the money you pay to go down.

^ The nicest thing particularly thinking last night is seeing a City striker running with pace and control and just powering past defenders. Akinbiyi could do it a bit and Andy Cole could, but it's a top flight skill set.

By that I mean yes the JETs, Greg Goodridges and Alberts could run with pace but *dance* past defenders as I dare say quite a few other raw or hit and miss lower league players can do, but while exciting you're talking about low probability skill where every extra touch puts the ball at risk. The real Prem quality strikers don't need to dance, they have ability, pace and body strength and close control to simply power past defenders, ie straight line shoulder to shoulder runs, not dancing with the ball.

Saw it a few times first half last night and it put a smile on my face, it's an ability up front a lot of lower league and Championship teams don't often have. I will say I was worried after Hillsborough as he was just getting brushed off the ball, but he has figured out the strength requirements and is looking more and more like a top class player at this level now.

Another thing I've noticed, again last night as a good example, is he's an intelligent player too who can read the game, not just being able to anticipate what he'll do with a pass, but being able to think several passes ahead to build a move. His header in the build up to our equaliser was an obvious one, but there were a few other examples - he made one run from the halfway line first half tearing down on the defence, and Ayling had overlapped him and was out wide by 5 yards into his run. I've seen a lot of strikers at our level release the winger the second he's further forward, but then either not make it to the box in time for a return cross or certainly give a back four lots of time to get in shape. Kodjia ran in on the box and you could see him calculating how to build the best chance, drew the defender as close to him as he could and then shifted it to Ayling and simultaneously dropped a shoulder and powered inside that first defender wanting to be in space behind the last man centre of the box for a cross. It was only one move but it encapsulated for me how he's got this clear desire in his play that is driving him to really think through how a move is developing and not be afraid to bring teammates into play if it gives him a better opportunity in the long run. 

His signing illustrates the benefits of looking abroad for bargain signings. During the summer transfer window, Championship clubs spent approx £100m on transfers. French teams in Ligue 2 only spent £730,000 between them! The average weekly wage abroad is also low compared to this country, making signing for City an attractive proposition. 

Let's not get too hasty and big the lad up. He's still learning the game in England, he's done a terrific job so far but I don't want high expectations of him already.

Let the lad play, he certainly looks like he's enjoying it.

You're right... But I think there is something which sets Kodjia apart. For me it's his game awareness and movement and I don't think those things come by form, he just seems to read the game exceptionally well. 

His chance conversion ratio also indicates this is no flash in the pan because it isn't remarkable. 

I have a punt on him for top goal scorer. Don't expect it of him but I don't think it'd be an unrealistic goal for him to set himself. 

ECogdger will undoubtly get up to speed when he feel  connected to our strange world and language . Then i think we will have a top striker for a song. He has already  trying to intagrate and pick language. He is undoubtedly a class  player full of tricks like him lot seriously beleave we have picked an unpolished diamond  . Have watched few games now we are not  picking his movement , he finds space and maybe does not call well. Early days but got to be impressedwith the man come on codger make your mark .

Red colin

Days but gt

to our srrange tude

His signing illustrates the benefits of looking abroad for bargain signings. During the summer transfer window, Championship clubs spent approx £100m on transfers. French teams in Ligue 2 only spent £730,000 between them! The average weekly wage abroad is also low compared to this country, making signing for City an attractive proposition. 

seems logical until you remember how many overseas players don't adapt. Arsenal have found some gems but offset that with a fair spattering of turds. I can't think of one other overseas signing for us that has worked (Jacki was not signed from overseas).

I like him a lot.

He's not doing badly but he does need to convert a few more of the chances that comes his way, when (not if) he starts doing that he'll be a very valuable asset. I'd like him to be just a bit more greedy than he is, but that will come with confidence.

25 goals this season isn't beyond him.

Like other fast strikers (eg Baldock) who run onto half chances their slower colleagues would never reach, his chances-to-goals ratio is always going to look low-ish.

Thing is, he creates so many chances he'll always score plenty of goals.

seems logical until you remember how many overseas players don't adapt. Arsenal have found some gems but offset that with a fair spattering of turds. I can't think of one other overseas signing for us that has worked (Jacki was not signed from overseas).

Off the top of me noggin....Seal, Brennan, Agostino, Testi, Anderson....

How about Alec Eisenträger? (Slightly cheating with that example as he had to become a prisoner of war before he joined us)

ECogdger will undoubtly get up to speed when he feel  connected to our strange world and language . Then i think we will have a top striker for a song. He has already  trying to intagrate and pick language. He is undoubtedly a class  player full of tricks like him lot seriously beleave we have picked an unpolished diamond  . Have watched few games now we are not  picking his movement , he finds space and maybe does not call well. Early days but got to be impressedwith the man come on codger make your mark .

Red colin

Days but gt

to our srrange tude

i just hope you're not his English teacher !

A great start from the lad and he looks a find but let's see what happens when he gets found out.

omg what has he done?

Don't the board do any checks before they sign people on they don't know? This will be just the sort of bad publicity our club could do without.

Farce.

Archived