IGNORED

Take a step back?

BS4 on Tour...

Hello everyone!

Wow! This place has really erupted with passion, vitriol, despair, pleading, disappointment, joy and disbelief since the start of August. And how great is that?!

It's brilliant that we have a section of our fanbase who choose to come on here and open their souls, giving their views and proving how much our club means to us.

The arguments and debates over rumours, potential signings, performances, controversial moments, formations and tactics are what makes football. I'm from the generation that is used to doing it in the pub, face to face, while respecting others' views.

But I also totally get how the online, social media era has made people brave and less respectful of others because they have no idea who they are.

Anyway, back on track, last night we finished the game with pretty much our starting eleven from last season.

They've made a massive step up, it ain't easy up there, not many of them have played there either.

Sure, we've added an exciting striker from France, but he doesn't speak the language and will take time to settle into a new country. But he's still scoring goals, despite many wise sages on here saying 'he can't score.' And his name is Kodjia not Codger - as someone pointed out recently, it's the same number of letters, might as well get it correct.

And we've added other players, including a goalkeeper and a couple of defenders, all with Premier League experience. But we seem to expect them to perform amazingly from day one.

Gary Neville once said he didn't think he could have (not of) played below Premier League level because it was more intense and you had no time on the ball. So, give these guys a chance.

We've got a largely inexperienced team/squad at this level, most of them have played below it or above it.

So, can we take a step back, accept they probably need until November to literally find their feet and in the meantime just get behind our team?

No-one wants us to fail do they?

Hello everyone!

Wow! This place has really erupted with passion, vitriol, despair, pleading, disappointment, joy and disbelief since the start of August. And how great is that?!

It's brilliant that we have a section of our fanbase who choose to come on here and open their souls, giving their views and proving how much our club means to us.

The arguments and debates over rumours, potential signings, performances, controversial moments, formations and tactics are what makes football. I'm from the generation that is used to doing it in the pub, face to face, while respecting others' views.

But I also totally get how the online, social media era has made people brave and less respectful of others because they have no idea who they are.

Anyway, back on track, last night we finished the game with pretty much our starting eleven from last season.

They've made a massive step up, it ain't easy up there, not many of them have played there either.

Sure, we've added an exciting striker from France, but he doesn't speak the language and will take time to settle into a new country. But he's still scoring goals, despite many wise sages on here saying 'he can't score.' And his name is Kodjia not Codger - as someone pointed out recently, it's the same number of letters, might as well get it correct.

And we've added other players, including a goalkeeper and a couple of defenders, all with Premier League experience. But we seem to expect them to perform amazingly from day one.

Gary Neville once said he didn't think he could have (not of) played below Premier League level because it was more intense and you had no time on the ball. So, give these guys a chance.

We've got a largely inexperienced team/squad at this level, most of them have played below it or above it.

So, can we take a step back, accept they probably need until November to literally find their feet and in the meantime just get behind our team?

Some very good points made fella.

Personally, I get the impression that most people realise it's a tough league, and that it will take the players time to get up to speed. Not easy with loan players coming in after the season has started and injuries.

Everyone wants them to do well as far as I can see. And the team have a great spirit.

The only 'doubts' I've heard, are as to whether 352 will work and do we have a plan 'B'.

The only disappointments, are the obvious failings in the transfer market, open frustration by SC, and a disruption to the momentum we had from a great last season.

Other than that it seems horses for courses.

My only concern is if we are in the same position at the end of November, what decision will be made if any.

Hello everyone!

you managed to post and dictate at the same time.  Strange. 

Followed City for more decades than I wish to remember. 

Despite the mixed results and the fact we currently reside in a relegation position, I've been more entertained and am genuinely more excited about what is happening at the Club than I have ever been (aside from the first top Div season maybe).

Thank you the Lansdowns, Cotts and the rest. After the likes of So'Dismal, Pulis and the likes, the Aston Vale debacle what a transformation! Smiles are back at The Gate, hopefully the points will soon follow. 

All we need now is for the Club to finally deliver on its annual promise to improve the ticket system and life will be near perfect - at least until we lose our next match that is. 

We are playing well without the killer touch at the mo. Surely things will change and our results will start to match our performances. It will click one day and some one will get a real tanking.( Although we said the same last season and had to wait until the last home game  to see that tanking happen!) I still think we will finish mid table.

There were lots of people on here predicting play offs and promotion this year

Not a chance, this is one tough league. As I said at the time I couldn't see where our first 10 points were going to come from - sadly, I've been proved right on that

A squad new to this level, a new £2m striker who seems to have hit the ground running, dominating games, but not putting the chances away - we'll get there. Avoid relegation this year and build next season. Worse thing we could do is finish 4th first time around like we did under GJ

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey

Hello everyone!

Fans could also step up

Mr Cotterill clearly does like a predecessor place emphasis on positive support of the team.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/171954-atyeo-stand-update-reading-game/

If more in all stands did likewise, the effect on Ashton Gate could be significant.

And his name is Kodjia not Codger - as someone pointed out recently, it's the same number of letters, might as well get it correct.

Oh bum. You mean we only have one new striker? WTF! I thought they were two strikers.

This is the single most disappointing piece of news since it broke we only had one of the Rougier twins on our books.

Devastated.

Some very good points made fella.

Personally, I get the impression that most people realise it's a tough league, and that it will take the players time to get up to speed. Not easy with loan players coming in after the season has started and injuries.

Everyone wants them to do well as far as I can see. And the team have a great spirit.

The only 'doubts' I've heard, are as to whether 352 will work and do we have a plan 'B'.

The only disappointments, are the obvious failings in the transfer market, open frustration by SC, and a disruption to the momentum we had from a great last season.

Other than that it seems horses for courses.

My only concern is if we are in the same position at the end of November, what decision will be made if any.

I don't really get this idea that players need time to get up to speed. Watching the highlights of the Brum game, the mistakes we made in conceding the goals were so basic it was untrue. League Two stuff really 

I don't really get this idea that players need time to get up to speed. Watching the highlights of the Brum game, the mistakes we made in conceding the goals were so basic it was untrue. League Two stuff really 

You have to take into consideration we had a whole new back 3 formation and a keeper returning. A slight lack of concentration or misunderstanding and you'll get punished in this league.

We are not being outplayed...just small errors. I'm sure we'll get it right...but imho, our 'poor' start has been down to not having a good pre season with players already recruited. We've had to rely on mainly loans and had injuries and suspensions to key players.

It's early doors yet...give it some time ;-)

Archived