IGNORED

Bargains

Vincent Vega

He didn't want to come to Bristol City...it was the media who said he couldn't agree personal terms...we actually offered more than what Burnley offered.

Sean Dyche and Burnley FC were the main draw for Gray...not personal terms.

Spud. You continue to come out with these fantastic "ITK" comments, although never backing them up with anything substantive, other than friends in football or the club.

Are you the complete Walter Mitty or just a little bit sad? 

'Package' doesn't always mean money. Burnley did offer more...in terms of 'whole package'. We offered more wages.

I agree but a 'package' ultimately has a monetary value. Reading between the lines they offered more however it gets dressed up so I do not see the need to keep stating 'we offered more', we didn't.

Spud. You continue to come out with these fantastic "ITK" comments, although never backing them up with anything substantive, other than friends in football or the club.

Are you the complete Walter Mitty or just a little bit sad? 

What do you call 'Substantive'? I was told by a Football Agent.

Are you saying if it's not written in the media it can't be true? If so...Isn't that a bit sad on your part, if you think everything quoted in the media is correct?

Not my fault I get to hear stuff and choose to clarify information on here.

Would you rather I didn't? Or would you rather I continue? If I hear anything I can share....then you make your own mind up.

Or would you rather people said nothing, and you get any news from websites, papers and other media outlets...because journalists get most of their 'ITK' knowledge from the same type of sources.

I agree but a 'package' ultimately has a monetary value. Reading between the lines they offered more however it gets dressed up so I do not see the need to keep stating 'we offered more', we didn't.

That's fine if you want to believe that...that's your privilege. I prefer to believe what I know. You saying 'we didn't'....doesn't make it right you know. You believe everything quoted in the media by owners, managers, players etc when it comes to transfers and money? I prefer not too....and try and find out as much as I can to get a true reflection.

What do you call 'Substantive'? I was told by a Football Agent.

Are you saying if it's not written in the media it can't be true? If so...Isn't that a bit sad on your part, if you think everything quoted in the media is correct?

Not my fault I get to hear stuff and choose to clarify information on here.

Would you rather I didn't? Or would you rather I continue? If I hear anything I can share....then you make your own mind up.

Or would you rather people said nothing, and you get any news from websites, papers and other media outlets...because journalists get most of their 'ITK' knowledge from the same type of sources.

That's fine if you want to believe that...that's your privilege. I prefer to believe what I know. You saying 'we didn't'....doesn't make it right you know. You believe everything quoted in the media by owners, managers, players etc when it comes to transfers and money? I prefer not too....and try and find out as much as I can to get a true reflection.

So now you call SL a liar. Does he come to you for advice before his media appearances?

So now you call SL a liar. Does he come to you for advice before his media appearances?

Show me where he said we offered more money than Burnley? He didn't...

Plus...I don't believe everything said or quoted by this Club, manager or owner if you must insist. Like any business...they choose their words carefully...or don't say anything or very little...or use words to allude to something. Depends on what they want the public to believe or not. It's business....just like any other. Today's example VW....

Show me where he said we offered more money than Burnley? He didn't...

Plus...I don't believe everything said or quoted by this Club, manager or owner if you must insist. Like any business...they choose their words carefully...or don't say anything or very little...or use words to allude to something. Depends on what they want the public to believe or not. It's business....just like any other. Today's example VW....

I never said that SL said we offered more money - that was quoted by City169. My argument was that both you and him/her could not both be correct....

You seem very sure that you know the truth and that everyone else is misinformed, just wrong, not ITK and that everyone at the club is telling porkies whilst simultaneously you find the truth from your unspecified sources. You might very well be 100% correct but without knowing you or your sources I find it hard to believe.

I never said that SL said we offered more money - that was quoted by City169. My argument was that both you and him/her could not both be correct....

You seem very sure that you know the truth and that everyone else is misinformed, just wrong, not ITK and that everyone at the club is telling porkies whilst simultaneously you find the truth from your unspecified sources. You might very well be 100% correct but without knowing you or your sources I find it hard to believe.

Fair enough....like I tried to imply....you gather as much information as you can from different sources and make your own mind up, given those sources.

I did say in this instance that I was told by a Football Agent...that was my source. I chose to share.

I said we offered more wages....you said 'better package'....that covers a multitude of sins.

I've never said 'everyone' is misinformed.

As for knowing me or my source....do you know the journalists or media who write or quote articles? I doubt it.

What I'm trying to say....is no one knows exactly....cos none of us were their.

But we all get told things...or read or listen via the media.

It's like any news or business. You find out as much as you can from different sources to come to some sort of reality.

If you believe everything quoted by media or Club in this instance, then I'd suggest you won't get the whole story.

As for my sources...generally they are right...sometimes they've been wrong, when wrongly informed.

The gist being...nobody knows for sure...but sharing is good if you can, as it gives a better overall picture.

Hope you see my post in the way I've tried to put it over.

Not sure who to believe regards the Andre Gray deal.

Live and work in Manchester and one of my colleagues has a brother on the coaching staff for Burnley. He has told me Grey signed for Burnley because of potential and also more wages than we were offering.

Not sure if true or not and to be honest like he said to me, people in football spread rumours and tell people what they want to know and to try to be in a good bargaining position for next time, and to pressure clubs into thinking and knowing they will do what's best for number 1 and not the individual or club.

Archived