IGNORED

Good point.

GrahamC

It's a weird one.  In terms of last week's performance and what was expected of us before the game, it's a great point and a really positive result.  In terms of results elsewhere and the fact they equalised late on, it's a dreadful point, especially as we're now at the bottom of the table.  As you say, next week is certainly now huge.   There can be no excuses, no good performances that don't yield results.  We simply have to win - no matter what.  

I'm a tad disappointed by not holding on for three points but a point is a point nonetheless.

No doubt SC will say post match that we outplayed them and were unfortunate not to win.....but the possession stats suggest that Ipswich were unfortunate. That said I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Um - just remind me who is rock bottom of the league with more goals conceded than any other side and without a full bench every week. Not that that matters as Cotts won't sub anyone except our top goal scorer anyway.

Begin to think our manager has lost the plot - excuses, excuses but ROCK BOTTOM !!

Um - just remind me who is rock bottom of the league with more goals conceded than any other side and without a full bench every week. Not that that matters as Cotts won't sub anyone except our top goal scorer anyway.

Begin to think our manager has lost the plot - excuses, excuses but ROCK BOTTOM !!

Wouldn't surprise me if we make a late run on the play offs myself, and there are a lot worse managers and players at other clubs in this div.

I will remind you of your post at the end of the season though.

To come from 0-1 down and lead until the 86th minute was a decent effort.

That late equalizer was a kick in the teeth for the players.

A point gained rather than two dropped - but it won't stop people moaning as above. 

And this six on the bench stuff - whats the effin problem with that ? How many subs can you have on the pitch ? What possible difference would it make to have one more on the bench that has absolutely no chance of playing. Pretty stupid thing to moan about.

But there is always a chance of someone playing, I know its purely hypothetical but if you're given 7 subs you may aswell fill them. We could lose Kodjia, Wilbs, Burns and Robinson all in the same game and have our 7th sub a young striker who can come on. You never know. I'd rather have a 7th sub than not have one.

Good point, that I didn't expect at start of play or at 1-0 down. But naturally disappointing not to hold on to all 3 pts. Many times last season Cotts non-use of subs was frustrating and very much so again today. Sounded like Wilbs was dead on his feet, and you do wonder if fresh legs might have helped us hold on to the win...

They'll be up there come May, so for me a point there is top work - gutting not to get all three, but if we can take that disappointment and turn that into a result against MK next, then we will have had a great week leading into the mini break.

Shout out to Kodjia too; 5 goals despite our rough start - certainly looking a shrewd signing.

But there is always a chance of someone playing, I know its purely hypothetical but if you're given 7 subs you may aswell fill them. We could lose Kodjia, Wilbs, Burns and Robinson all in the same game and have our 7th sub a young striker who can come on. You never know. I'd rather have a 7th sub than not have one.

that's not possible though is it? I spose if they all got sent off or something. Either way you'd stick freeman up front

Good point today.

I do think some of our fans expectations are laughable. If we are bottom at the end of Feb I would be worried. We are adjusting to a much higher standard in the Championship but so are Preston and MK. All 3 promoted teams in the bottom three.

Stay positive

COYR

Thats your opinion and thats fair enough.

My view is that it makes no difference to the game whatsoever.

But others are just moaning for the sake of it.

Fine. Personally I'm more annoyed at the fact that Cotterill is using this lack of a 7th person as a message to the board that we didn't sign enough/his targets. Guarantee he got offered countless league 1 players that are tearing it up this season. He was the one who went for Gayle, and failed. He was the one who went for Gray, and failed. I don't blame the board at all for the mess in the window. I blame Cotts. Great point today, up the city. 

Just waiting for my train home. Gutted that we didn't hold on but if you had offered a point before the game I would have bitten your hand off. We simply don't win here.

Ipswich had a lot of the ball but to be honest didn't seem to do a lot with it. All 4 goals seemed a bit scrappy. 

On a different note I thought wilbs was a lot better today than he has been recently. 

Thats your opinion and thats fair enough.

My view is that it makes no difference to the game whatsoever.

But others are just moaning for the sake of it.

so what's the harm of giving one of the U21's the match day experience even if they're not getting on the pitch, can we not fit them on the bus?  It's Cotterill making a point, and cheaply in my opinion.  

If you can give me a valid reason why we wouldn't bother with a full bench then I'm happy to listen.

Did not go to the game but in those circumstances when we are one goal up and hanging on, I would prefer it if Cotts brought on someone like Burns for Wilbs, especially as Wilbs was apparently carrying a knock. Burns is so quick that I think he would be ideal to come on. If we don't give teams anything to think about on the break then they are gonna more than likely get that equaliser. And it aint like Burns cannot defend set pieces if needed, he has a good leap on him and I can't see how we would suddenly be really vulnerable from set pieces just because Wilbs is not on the pitch. Apart from Freeman, they're all pretty good in the air.

You're only upset because your lot lost to Pompey !

Did not go to the game but in those circumstances when we are one goal up and hanging on, I would prefer it if Cotts brought on someone like Burns for Wilbs, especially as Wilbs was apparently carrying a knock. Burns is so quick that I think he would be ideal to come on. If we don't give teams anything to think about on the break then they are gonna more than likely get that equaliser. And it aint like Burns cannot defend set pieces if needed, he has a good leap on him and I can't see how we would suddenly be really vulnerable from set pieces just because Wilbs is not on the pitch. Apart from Freeman, they're all pretty good in the air.

Nah keep Wilbrahimovic on. All those offsides and fouls wastes some time. 

I'm a tad disappointed by not holding on for three points but a point is a point nonetheless.

No doubt SC will say post match that we outplayed them and were unfortunate not to win.....but the possession stats suggest that Ipswich were unfortunate. That said I won't be losing any sleep over it.

of course he might just have a point, it sounded like we had the better chances and possession stats can mean sweet FA looking at possession stats especially for our home games.

But hey have moan why don't you?.

Archived