IGNORED

JET

EmersonsRed

HE IS NOT A COTTERILL PLAYER. How many more ******* times. 

Whether he was great or not is irrelevant he wasn't ever going to stay because that's how Cotterill is. You could have one or the other. And I wouldn't pick him over SC.

One of the best players I've seen in a City shirt isn't the type of player SC wants? That's not a good thing.

Whether he was great or not is irrelevant he wasn't ever going to stay because that's how Cotterill is. You could have one or the other. And I wouldn't pick him over SC.

if Steve Cotterill doesn't like talented footballers, who can win games on his own, why the **** is he our manager?!

So if Cotterhill gets the sack in a month does it make it bad move then? He was an asset no matter what you think and to let him go for nothing was a blow. We've needed a spark off the bench all season and don't have one. I don't know the reasoning behind letting JET go but if it wasn't wages, we fu**ked up

Depends how much we were prepared to pay in wages. Think we were only paying 50% of jet wages Ipswich were the rest as were derby with fielding.

Maybe it was a straight choice between jet and fielding. All our players would of got a payrise from being promoted and with gates of only 14k we haven't a lot of money to spend.

Gayle deal would of been linked to bolaise sell on, and we can only find what players earn only when you approach them. For transfer fees aren't part of ffp just wages, Gray was offered more money than he was on at brentford but Burnley offered more.

We have no parachute payments and low gates so our hands are kind of tied. Personally I think we've signed good players on loan but are missing an experienced head in midfield.

Depends how much we were prepared to pay in wages. Think we were only paying 50% of jet wages Ipswich were the rest as were derby with fielding.

Maybe it was a straight choice between jet and fielding. All our players would of got a payrise from being promoted and with gates of only 14k we haven't a lot of money to spend.

Gayle deal would of been linked to bolaise sell on, and we can only find what players earn only when you approach them. For transfer fees aren't part of ffp just wages, Gray was offered more money than he was on at brentford but Burnley offered more.

We have no parachute payments and low gates so our hands are kind of tied. Personally I think we've signed good players on loan but are missing an experienced head in midfield.

I'd heard/read that about JET's wages as well, which makes it hard for people to question why he left. Was probably one of the highest paid anyway and if we weren't paying 100% as it was couldn't see us paying much more.

interesting as you're right he's not, but JET going was the first point that I and a few others wondered whether Cotts and the board had a plan for the championship, not necessarily because of JET himself but because of the almost arrogance shown that we could do better. Agree Kodjia is class but can't see how having jet coming off  the bench with 25 to go and Kodjia up front could possibly have been a bad thing.

Seemed a rock in the dressing room too from all reports, how much would that be worth now the confidence has gone?

If you cast your mind back just a couple of years to our last poor run under SOD, which also provides a horrible sense of déjà vu for current state, the one player who didn't let it affect him was JET, scoring most of our goals during that period. He would be invaluable now as his self-confidence in his own ability might help keep some of the others going & in combination with Kodjia we could be scoring lots more goals. The reality is that now Kodjia is the only brightness in the gloom, and also scoring most of our goals.

People seem to forget when we signed JET he came from Ipswich and in order for him to sign for us Ipswich had to pay around 45% of his salary for what would have been the duration of his contract had he stayed at Ipswich. He had 2 years left on his deal, which is why he signed for us for 2 years. Reportedly we were paying him roughly 6500 a week of a 12000 a week salary he had at Ipswich but he would only come here if Ipswich paid the part of his salary he would have missed out on. Ipswich agreed and it meant JET was still on 12K a week for 2 years in League One, but was only costing us 6500 a week. 

Now given we got promoted JET would have wanted an increase in salary for sure, possibly around 15K a week I would imagine, this was probably beyond us and SC probably felt didn't represent value. At 6500 a week, the club were happy to pay that, but I doubt we would have even put up 12K a week to match his contract as he was only a fringe player.

It was never a case of the club not wanting to retain JET or not value him, it was a case of the move to BCFC was financially possible thanks to Ipswich, and had they declined to pay towards his wages he would have never come in the first place. When you consider the club were reportedly only willing to offer Gray 15k a week but stump up 8M + for his services, then I think it's very clear the club would have never sanctioned similar money for JET and rightly so. If QPR can afford 12K a week plus for a player who will never be the first name on the team sheet then good luck to them, but it will be a very long time before our club is ever in that position and the fans need to realise that. We financially can't compete with the big boys in this league, and the club will not risk financial suicide in taking a huge risk in doing so either.

Burnley did not offer more money than us for Gray. Gray openly said financially the better offer was from Bristol City, but he felt Burnley was a better fit and matched his aspirations.

The lad wants to play in the Premier League and understandably saw Burnley as much more likely. Burnley did not offer higher wages for Gray than we did.

A real shame as JET is fantastic. One of my favourite players to watch at City in all the time I've been going.

It seems the wages issue is the sticking point although he almost certainly jumped at the chance of going back to London.

Would love to see him fulfil his potential in this league.

Would have been fascinating to see him playing behind Kodjia.. So exciting and unpredictable.. I'll just have to buy him back on FIFA!

Scores 2. Wins QPR the game v Bolton.

Get over it you say? No. ******* piss poor from our board all summer barring JK.

Jet wanted to leave... Simple. He wanted to go back to London. He got a 3 year contract in London on more money playing in a promotion battle rather than a relegation battle. Yes we had a poor summer transfer wise but Jet was not part of that, he was always leaving. Thought it was actually quite refreshing to see a player leave on good terms. Helped us win double then gets his dream move back to London. We are all happy

Anyone hear the Sky commentator towards the end of Rotherham/Burnley talking about the Grey transfer? He said he understood the fee was a lot less than 9m but add ons/conditions took it up to somewhere near that. I guess one of those was a promotion to the prem clause and Grey, his agent and Brentford thought that was a better bet at Burnley than us so they`d be more likely to get their cuts.

Still angers me that we let him go so readily. Players like JET who create truly memorable moments of pure quality are few and far between and when one looks back on their time of watching City, its players like JET who will have painted the pictures we see.

Certainly QPR fans feel like they've got the makings of a special player on their hands already and they'd be right;

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?190372-JET&s=5693f852b35117e4250e6a20fbef5519

Archived