IGNORED

Can I be the first to say... SC out!

asfred

We cannot afford to be relegated this season; dropping straight back down would render all the work SC has done before now redundant, and be a massive blow the the club, due to the redevelopment.  The damage would be exponentially greater than the last time we landed in League One; no question.

SC still has plenty of time to turn this around (and I can't see us exiting the international break without him getting reinforcements and shaking things up; if I was him I'd be cashing in every single piece of goodwill he's earned right now, because we are drowning not waving currently), but if it comes down to it, and the gamble that is a change of manager starts looking more likely to keep us in this division than does sticking with SC, then at that point I'd expect the board to act.  It would be in the best interest of the club to do so.

But that time is not now.  SC can turn this round; I believe that.

Totally agree with this. It looks a bit grim at the moment but I don't see the urgency for change just yet, not unless there's an obvious much better option than SC.

People might not like it, but he does have a lot of credit in the bank from last season. If he didn't then I think he'd be under serious threat at the moment but that goodwill might just earn him a bit longer than might otherwise be the case.

Totally agree with this. It looks a bit grim at the moment but I don't see the urgency for change just yet, not unless there's an obvious much better option than SC.

People might not like it, but he does have a lot of credit in the bank from last season. If he didn't then I think he'd be under serious threat at the moment but that goodwill might just earn him a bit longer than might otherwise be the case.

all this talk of Credit in the bank is utter rubbish, we had a fantastic season last year but that has no bearing on this season what's so ever.

This is a new season, credit does not get carried over from the last I'm afraid!!

But it's a recurring theme, Cotterill wasn't backed in the summer. Neither was McInnes or Millen. We didn't get their desired targets (although at least we managed to sign some players with the latter two).

I love SL and wouldn't wish him to ever leave, but it reeks of mismanagement from the very top, this summer window. I will never understand what they were thinking. One permanent signing. One.

Did they not see this all coming?

SC does talk some carp in his post-match interviews. Apparently all we needed today was Korey Smith. Well we had him for the first 8 games and we still only won one so clearly that is not the case. I think the second half maybe was down to the total loss of confidence and nervousness about getting over the line. Problem is that as time goes on that will get worse if we continue to fail to win. Not sure what SC can do to change this around given how certain he seems that he won't change the style of play. Gonna be just like the last few seasons in this league which were all excruciating - no fun at all. 

all this talk of Credit in the bank is utter rubbish, we had a fantastic season last year but that has no bearing on this season what's so ever.

This is a new season, credit does not get carried over from the last I'm afraid!!

Maybe not, but his turning around of us the year before that must still play on minds. The bloke has shown he can turn things around and he can instil confidence. No reason to trust an alternative over him (yet, and for a while yet IMO). 

However let's not ignore part of his ability to turn us around lied in his ability to bring in the right loan players. If quotes of him shunning it are accurate I think he might have forgotten that it was solely his man management skills that turned things around. If I was on the board absolutely I would remind him of that and dress him down a little. 

GJ spoke of seasons in ten game blocks - we've just capped off the first of those and it does not make for pretty reading.

But the thing is; we're not adrift; there are six other teams we could over take with a win, and them all losing/drawing.

We need a 'purple patch'; ten games of something like promotion form would lift us clear of the pack, so that has to be the mentality - put the start behind us, assess what went well, and move forward with that at the centre of our game.  

What is good is that we do create chances, and have a player who can score regularly at this level; build the team around maximising this, and double down on it.

SC does talk some carp in his post-match interviews. Apparently all we needed today was Korey Smith. Well we had him for the first 8 games and we still only won one so clearly that is not the case. I think the second half maybe was down to the total loss of confidence and nervousness about getting over the line. Problem is that as time goes on that will get worse if we continue to fail to win. Not sure what SC can do to change this around given how certain he seems that he won't change the style of play. Gonna be just like the last few seasons in this league which were all excruciating - no fun at all. 

what else did he say? I missed the interview?

that's a joke yeah?

loan market!!! Like I've said before this, someone needs to be held accountable for the utter shambles of pre season... This really isn't a shock... Our club us a ******* laughing stock!! I give up!! 

Im off to enjoy an evening with my family, **** you City!!

No its no joke but your response certainly is.  Of course enjoy your family but **** you too. What the club needs are proper fans not those who throw a tantrum when thinks aren't going our way.  That's life Matey so get used to it.

Sorry

The club is and has always been clueless. How can SL tolerate this total shit season after season?

I would say that the "Major Investor" or whatever the latest title that has been dreamt up these days carries the can ultimately......for both good and bad. What I would say is the bloke must have been in charge for around a dozen years now and I am yet to work out what his long term plan ever was or ever is moving forward.

No its no joke but your response certainly is.  Of course enjoy your family but **** you too. What the club needs are proper fans not those who throw a tantrum when thinks aren't going our way.  That's life Matey so get used to it.

Sorry

proper fans haha... So I'm not a proper fan.. I've ******* heard it all now..

To be fair he said the MK deserved to get a result. He said he wasn't Jesus and couldn't sort Korey's injury for today which you have to smile at. Also we should have been 3-0 up at HT. The same old IF   IF  IF  we would have won.

The thing that frustrates me is that it was obvious to everyone at the start of the season we lacked cover in midfield and yet no midfielder was bought.  Whatever went on with budgets or anything like that, the decision to not sign any cover at all in key positions is something the manager HAS to take responsibility for. 

I will never understand cotts's thinking this season. I would stick with him though as he will learn from his mistakes, although it seems to be taking him a while. He must be able to see that wing backs is not working.

I will never understand cotts's thinking this season. I would stick with him though as he will learn from his mistakes, although it seems to be taking him a while. He must be able to see that wing backs is not working.

To be honest, learning from his mistakes is what concerns me.  As a rule, I'm against getting rid of managers hastily and getting rid of managers before they've had a chance to try everything they can to turn things round.  The worry I have is I don't really see what SC is trying to do to change things.  It feels like trying the same thing every week and expecting a different outcome.  I do want SC to stay but he has to accept things aren't working and we need to look at a different approach. 

Cotts took a massive gamble last season, something he admitted himself AFTER we won promotion, by operating with a tiny squad. Luckily for us we never lost form or players to injury for any length of time. He has taken the same gamble this year and it hasn't paid off so far. If we don't address our alarming home form we will be gone by Christmas at this rate.

If anyone has ever played football or has a knowledge of the game, then they will know with all things being equal, and it be taken as read that sufficient ability and talent is present……..then it becomes 70per cent psychology. That is how great teams like Barcelona, Arsenal or Chelsea suddenly can't string two passes together and start making schoolboy errors totally out of character with their normal performances.  i am  obviously not comparing our lot with such luminaries…but the point is that City put themselves under pressure and started to suffer from nerves in the second half, they lost belief in themselves and became frightened to take risks, and failed to relax and play their natural game.  This is when a good manager earns his wages, by instilling confidence and belief in his players by organising them and giving them the faith in their ability.  I don't think there is a lot wrong with City, but Cotterill needs to do his job properly and Lansdown needs to support him sufficiently by helping him bring in 1 or 2 new faces.  City were terrified of losing today, and once they got the lead were desperate to hold onto it, and psychologically withdrew deeper into there shells both physically and mentally. I think things are not as bad as some knee jerk reactions are trying to portray. If we get some breaks I still see us finishing 15th or higher.

To be honest, learning from his mistakes is what concerns me.  As a rule, I'm against getting rid of managers hastily and getting rid of managers before they've had a chance to try everything they can to turn things round.  The worry I have is I don't really see what SC is trying to do to change things.  It feels like trying the same thing every week and expecting a different outcome.  I do want SC to stay but he has to accept things aren't working and we need to look at a different approach. 

Well yes agree. I guess give it another month and if he is still playing this system then we need someone who will do something different. I would hate that to happen though, but I guess purely from wanting the best for us, it might end up being the only option. We have natural wingers, which we didn't when he first came in. So a system with 4 at the back and wide men would work I reckon. I believe we would be in a much better position if cotts had changed the system when it was clear early on in the season that wing backs is not gonna work.

The club is and has always been clueless. How can SL tolerate this total shit season after season?

You are a supporter ? Yes or Not ? Because it seems like you are not. Why not disappear and support Stockholm or FC Bjorn Borg if we are so bad.

You people are really starting to get on my wobbly and dangly bits FFS !!!

that's a joke yeah?

loan market!!! Like I've said before this, someone needs to be held accountable for the utter shambles of pre season... This really isn't a shock... Our club us a ******* laughing stock!! I give up!! 

Im off to enjoy an evening with my family, **** you City!!

W%anker

Good job his surname isn't McInnes or O'Driscoll. It may not be his fault that the squad is weak but we are short of confidence and letting in late goals. Worrying times.

Hardly a fair comparison re O'Driscoll, he managed to make us shit about 24 places lower than where we currently sit.

McInnes on the other hand, imported a load of shite from the SPL and thought paying nearly two million for Baldock and Davies and then selling Pitman for £60k was a good move.

Agree with the general point that we are low in confidence, our squad is also ridiculously small, whether that is Cotterill's fault, Lansdown's fault or Burt's fault I genuinely don't know.

Archived