IGNORED

Can I be the first to say... SC out!

asfred

If anyone has ever played football or has a knowledge of the game, then they will know with all things being equal, and it be taken as read that sufficient ability and talent is present……..then it becomes 70per cent psychology. That is how great teams like Barcelona, Arsenal or Chelsea suddenly can't string two passes together and start making schoolboy errors totally out of character with their normal performances.  i am  obviously not comparing our lot with such luminaries…but the point is that City put themselves under pressure and started to suffer from nerves in the second half, they lost belief in themselves and became frightened to take risks, and failed to relax and play their natural game.  This is when a good manager earns his wages, by instilling confidence and belief in his players by organising them and giving them the faith in their ability.  I don't think there is a lot wrong with City, but Cotterill needs to do his job properly and Lansdown needs to support him sufficiently by helping him bring in 1 or 2 new faces.  City were terrified of losing today, and once they got the lead were desperate to hold onto it, and psychologically withdrew deeper into there shells both physically and mentally. I think things are not as bad as some knee jerk reactions are trying to portray. If we get some breaks I still see us finishing 15th or higher.

I agree with lots of this mate. We looked very nervous and timid in the second half, terrified of losing.

There was a time when a MK Dons player was down injured for quite a while. The City players stood around in small groups having a chat and a drink and SC stood on his own. He should have had them all over in one group giving it to them straight, instilling confidence, telling them how to win the game, but no, nothing...

So basically the people calling for Cotts head believe that when things start to go wrong nobody should be given the chance to put it right. No matter what you've done in the past, no matter how good you've been in the past once things aren't going well then that's it you're out. What a mentality to have.

So basically the people calling for Cotts head believe that when things start to go wrong nobody should be given the chance to put it right. No matter what you've done in the past, no matter how good you've been in the past once things aren't going well then that's it you're out. What a mentality to have.

There are some right effing dunces that "support" our club mate.

Quite a lot about Cotterill, I'm indifferent about him, he's not great he maybe good, who knows. 

To my mind the club has no footballing direction or leadership off of the field.

The issues are far bigger than Cotterill.

If that is the case, and I'm not necessarily arguing it isn't, Keith Burt ought to find a piece of paper with P45 written on it on his desk on Monday. 

Quite a lot about Cotterill, I'm indifferent about him, he's not great he maybe good, who knows. 

To my mind the club has no footballing direction or leadership off of the field.

I respect your opinion but it is based on what facts ?

Even if that was so. There was one man who told the wing backs to drop deep;one man who kept Wilbs on until the 81st minute; one man who decided to take Joe off and put Williams on.

One man - in short - who probably cost us the game.

I know mate. The modern day manager is basically operating with a gun to their head. Either get it right or **** off. How can anyone judge if a manager is any good or not if they aren't given the chance to manage when times are tough. Somebody mentioned business earlier in this thread, that certainly isn't how you run a business in my view. 

Absolutely agree, just feel he's compounding the issues futher subbournly trying to make his system work which I guess has made it easy to lump all the blame at him for some.  Should be given more time, although where ever the problems may lay, there will come a time if things haven't improved where a decision will have to be made.  He said they need 12-15 games to fully adjust to the championship so I guess its just a case of wait and see unfortunately and go from there.

2 places, one involved in Southamptons academy and another is a long term sponsor of city and knows Steve and Jon quite well.

When my mate talks about Southampton and the set up it just sounds so different to when my other friend talks about City. It's like City have read the manual so know what needs to be done, but just struggle to execute it properly, at Southampton they just seem to all know.

I cannot give you concrete evidence, just an opinion based on what I hear.

Im just fed up with it all a bit now. Life was easier when I was younger and we just went tearing around the country singing embrace songs, drinking cider, and generally playing up without a care in th world.

I definitely enjoyed my youth following city. 

I hope my boys do as well.

Even if that was so. There was one man who told the wing backs to drop deep;one man who kept Wilbs on until the 81st minute; one man who decided to take Joe off and put Williams on.

One man - in short - who probably cost us the game.

I dont disagree, my opinion of Cotterill hasn't changed since the moment he arrived.

The buck must ALWAYS stop with Lansdown. He calls the shots, spends the money and appoints the board / management team. 

I think Cotts is a good manager, however he can only run as fast as the bloke above him. 

Sweep up, makes the tea and half time pies, puts the chairs out in the hospitality, does the scouting and fly's his own helicopter!

YEP the major shareholder is to blame, he should stick his new ground up his ass too!

Sweep up, makes the tea and half time pies, puts the chairs out in the hospitality, does the scouting and fly's his own helicopter!

YEP the major shareholder is to blame, he should stick his new ground up his ass too!

He might as well if he's gonna drop £45m on the ground but not fill with it with £50m worth of players. 

He might as well if he's gonna drop £45m on the ground but not fill with it with £50m worth of players. 

£50m worth of players? Have you even considered what that'd equate to as a long term wage bill presuming you don't want those players on 1 year contracts  

I would genuinely be more despondent if he spent that sort of money, in our infancy in this division, than if he spent not a penny. 

With all due respect I strongly believe we don't want to spend that sort of money until we can attract the sort of players worthy of that collective outlay. League one champions though we are we still have naff all appeal in this division really if you consider the stature of some of the clubs in this division, and even some of those clubs in and around us. 

They wont sign for us....No one wants to go to a club trying to establish itself, we have seen that already. The rumour is we offered more than Burnley to the striker in wages, but they were a better bet for his career....

We need to change our strategy somehow to bring good players here but its chicken and egg right now. players will come if the club will challenge and to do that our existing players need to be better and get better results....And you really dont believe he should stick his ground up his ass do you?...SL is as gutted as you are tonight! 

Some of our fan base are complete toss pots.

I want to go and kick the dog with frustration but the bloody thing died 6 months ago

calm down babs... Jesus!! 

You read a post on a forum and come to a conclusion that those fans are idiots.. 

I don't take any of your posts to heart babs, this is just a forum with many opinions, after watching this shit for years are you surprised at the frustrations?

Take it easy fella..

If potential targets hear of dressing room punch-ups, targets from lower leagues being not followed up on because the info didn't come from a source that could allegedly profit the recruiter, and the owner being at his wits end with the manager totally dividing the board - then they won't come.

The word has been around the agent circles before last season ended that major managerial changes may be made - only a title and cup put that off.

The damage was done. The management team at BCFC are allegedly potentially subject to change as soon as the owner has had enough.

No decent player want's to risk his career by coming to a club that internally is divided at the upper levels - and that's why no-one came.

Wages were not the reason.

Now look at where the club is.

Interesting post - one I'd suggest that our 'It's all gonna be alright' fans have a careful read of 

No doubt you will get the usual Source ? source ? bulls**** Source ? From the usual suspects but for what it's worth, from all I and others hear you are spot on SX

calm down babs... Jesus!! 

You read a post on a forum and come to a conclusion that those fans are idiots.. 

I don't take any of your posts to heart babs, this is just a forum with many opinions, after watching this shit for years are you surprised at the frustrations?

Take it easy fella..

I am trying but sometimes it gets very difficult. Now I have to go and pick up all my toys because they are splattered all over the house.

If potential targets hear of dressing room punch-ups, targets from lower leagues being not followed up on because the info didn't come from a source that could allegedly profit the recruiter, and the owner being at his wits end with the manager totally dividing the board - then they won't come.

The word has been around the agent circles before last season ended that major managerial changes may be made - only a title and cup put that off.

The damage was done. The management team at BCFC are allegedly potentially subject to change as soon as the owner has had enough.

No decent player want's to risk his career by coming to a club that internally is divided at the upper levels - and that's why no-one came.

Wages were not the reason.

Now look at where the club is.

is this the management team aka the playing staff or board members?

Why are you equating criticism of Cotts with not supporting the club?

I don't think he should go, but if someone else does, that's just their opinion of what they think is best for the long term future of the club. Doesn't mean they're not "proper" supporters.

Archived