IGNORED

It's really as simple as this

Alan Dicks

would a 24 join Brentford or Bournmouth over us then? I think not, this bullshit that were not a fashionable club is daft, show a player money and ambition and you will get your player.. 

I think Cotterills the problem here and players won't join because of that and for that reason I feel the board need to re access the situation ..

Because of what exactly? :dunno:

You say you speak to people involved in the footballing fraternity - have to take your word on this.  But why do they have these negative views about BCFC?

I've supported since the early 1990's and cannot see a reason (from a fan's perspective) why we should be unfashionable or unattractive.

For example, we should be on par with Reading, Ipswich, Preston, Bournemouth, (prior to their promotion of course) to name just a few.

What reason could exist to give us such a low reputation in the game?  I simply don't agree with it.

It's not a negative view...it's just their are better choices for certain players.

You have to read my posts above again, to see the types of players that are attracted to come here.

We don't have a low reputation....but better players have better choices.

Look at all the players that have come here over the years...look at each one individually and why they came....age, career, money etc.

Nobody comes here, thinking 'I'll join BCFC because I think they have a good chance of making it into the Prem'.

In the past...better players came here, because we paid them very very good wages....now we have FFP to deal with, so we can't just throw money at them.

We have become even less attractive to certain players....as we don't have the pedigree or silly money anymore to throw at players.

From a fans perspective we might seem nice...but as a footballer of some ilk....you have better choices out their.

It's not a negative view...it's just their are better choices for certain players.

You have to read my posts above again, to see the types of players that are attracted to come here.

We don't have a low reputation....but better players have better choices.

Look at all the players that have come here over the years...look at each one individually and why they came....age, career, money etc.

Nobody comes here, thinking 'I'll join BCFC because I think they have a good chance of making it into the Prem'.

In the past...better players came here, because we paid them very very good wages....now we have FFP to deal with, so we can't just throw money at them.

We have become even less attractive to certain players....as we don't have the pedigree or silly money anymore to throw at players.

From a fans perspective we might seem nice...but as a footballer of some ilk....you have better choices out their.

Glad to hear you say we don't have a low reputation - because I'm sure that out of the entire pyramid of professional footballer players registered in the country, we must appeal to at least 65% of that demographic as a suitable club to join.  Shame that in the summer we didn't target the cream of that 65% crop of players.

I would've said that Gayle and Grey were definitely not in our 'catchment area' -  so really wish we didn't waste our time on those 2 players.

Why on earth wouldn't money be available to spend in January when we clearly have a sizeable transfer kitty that we haven't yet spent?

What ever money we get to spend in January, i don't think it will be enough to save us, if we're really in trouble as things currently in the league and performances clearly suggest. 

Archived