IGNORED

Northern Ireland

Kid in the Riot

Best of luck to them tonight against the Greeks.

Need the win really as don't want to be going to Finland in the last game needing a point or 3.

Greece have had a terrible campaign so far but N Ireland have several injuries / suspensions to key players tonight: Lafferty, Evans, Baird in particular.

Be great to have them with us in France next summer.

If we play then in 2016 will GSTQ be the anthem for both sides pre match and done twice?

When we played Northern Ireland home and away in the 2006 world cup qualifiers, GSTQ was only played once at Old Trafford, and once at Windsor Park.

When we played Liechtenstein in the Euro 2004 qualifiers, the same tune was played twice in both games (the Liechtenstein national anthem has the same melody as GSTQ - Scotland fans booed it when they played Liechtenstein a few years back).

When we played Northern Ireland home and away in the 2006 world cup qualifiers, GSTQ was only played once at Old Trafford, and once at Windsor Park.

When we played Liechtenstein in the Euro 2004 qualifiers, the same tune was played twice in both games (the Liechtenstein national anthem has the same melody as GSTQ - Scotland fans booed it when they played Liechtenstein a few years back).

If we did draw them does anyone know if it would that be the first time at a major tournament both teams had identical national anthems? 

In qualifying I like to see all the home nations doing well unless they're in our group. So hopefully as many make it to the euros as possible. 

I'd quite like it if all of them did well- except Scotland. I would love it if everyone qualified except Scotland.

**** that, why should anyone support the England hating Republic?

While I am sure there are exceptions the majority of RoI people do not hate England.

I don't hate Scotland but I am hoping they fail to qualify just because I find it amusing that they've failed since 1998. It will be even more amusing if England,N Ireland, RoI and Wales all make it. :clapping:

While I am sure there are exceptions the majority of RoI people do not hate England.

I don't hate Scotland but I am hoping they fail to qualify just because I find it amusing that they've failed since 1998. It will be even more amusing if England,N Ireland, RoI and Wales all make it. :clapping:

How can you possibly know that?!

My own experiences of being an Englishman in Dublin have not been good, very uncomfortable, and my trips have been nothing to do with football.

But I'd never presume to know what the 'majority' of Irish people think of us....

How can you possibly know that?!

My own experiences of being an Englishman in Dublin have not been good, very uncomfortable, and my trips have been nothing to do with football.

But I'd never presume to know what the 'majority' of Irish people think of us....

in fairness not many like the English.

Archived