IGNORED

England v Pakistan UAE tour.

EmersonsRed

16 minutes ago, Super said:
Great to see Compton back, surely that's the end for Ian Bell
England's Barmy Army's photo.

Pleased for Compton, it'll be interesting to see if he's suddenly leapfrogged Hales or if they will play him at 3. Is Rashid injured? If not, discarding him for Patel is plain weird. Finn and Wood will be missed, but I hope that Footitt or Jordan get the nod. I hope that Buttler gets more runs tomorrow and barges his way back in.

2 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Pleased for Compton, it'll be interesting to see if he's suddenly leapfrogged Hales or if they will play him at 3. Is Rashid injured? If not, discarding him for Patel is plain weird. Finn and Wood will be missed, but I hope that Footitt or Jordan get the nod. I hope that Buttler gets more runs tomorrow and barges his way back in.

No just been left out, I guess as the strength of SA is with the seamers we won't be seeing any spinning wickets. Is a strange choice though agree with you.

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

They are saying that Rashid isn't in so he can play Big Bash but realistically if Ali got injured I can't see how they would trust Rashid to be the front line only spinner. At least Patel has more control.

5 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Alex Hales "will get the first opportunity" to open with Alastair Cook in South Africa.

England selector James Whitaker says the time is right for him to step up.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Who says playing for a West country county side harms your England call up chances !

The fact he moved back to Middlesex to earn a recall says it probably does.

1 minute ago, Super said:

guessing that just leaves the number 3 position up for grabs then? Root, Bairstow and Stokes will be 4,5,6.

I think it will depend on whether they bring Buttler back or not.

Theoretically you could have: Cook, Hales, Compton, Root, Taylor, Stokes, Bairstow, Ali, Broad, Anderson and another seamer.

If they bring Buttler back then Compton could miss out with Taylor moving to 3 and Bairstow moving up the order. It could also depend on how much they want to bring Ballance back, maybe at 5.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They are saying that Rashid isn't in so he can play Big Bash but realistically if Ali got injured I can't see how they would trust Rashid to be the front line only spinner. At least Patel has more control.

Maybe he does, but he wasn't good enough years ago and I don't see what he's done to get ahead of Rashid now. As Super says, it's unlikely that either will play anyway, but I don't get picking Patel at all. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hope not - he can't bat for shit in the 5 day format

He can if he's given a freer roll like Ali was at #8. The coaches need to let him play his natural game rather than fucking about with his footwork etc.

Archived