IGNORED

England v Pakistan UAE tour.

EmersonsRed

Why, when the wicket is as flat as Tara Parmers chest, would you put a NW in?  All of a sudden 2 down is 3 and gives the opposition more motivation. One more tonight and they'll fancy having an lead!

I loved the stat yesterday that there are now only two scores not reached in test cricket between 1 and 250 after Malik's 245.

That is a beautiful, beautiful stat

I didn't think we'd get as much of the stats after Bill Frindell died, but Andrew Samson seems like he can pull a stat out every ball

They were talking earlier about players who had spent every minute of a complete test match on the field but I had to go to an appointment so missed if Andrew came up with anyone. Last thing he said was maybe Matthew Hayden but he was checking.

That`s one of the plus points of a relatively uneventful test match - you get these great stats to fill in the time.

They were talking earlier about players who had spent every minute of a complete test match on the field but I had to go to an appointment so missed if Andrew came up with anyone. Last thing he said was maybe Matthew Hayden but he was checking.

That`s one of the plus points of a relatively uneventful test match - you get these great stats to fill in the time.

Come on, someone must know this!! Interested to hear if Hayden has managed it, was certainly asked on the live text if Cook managed it would it be a first

Just be grateful it's not a 5 match series!

Are all 3 tests on this ground?

Apparently the nets are bouncier than the actual wicket. Read on live text that Boycott said to ship in some soil from Perth....why not!?

As a Pakistani texter to live text said, wickets like these are why Pakistan have won only 1 test in Aus or SA in the last 17½ years

Are all 3 tests on this ground?

Apparently the nets are bouncier than the actual wicket. Read on live text that Boycott said to ship in some soil from Perth....why not!?

As a Pakistani texter to live text said, wickets like these are why Pakistan have won only 1 test in Aus or SA in the last 17½ years

No Next Dubai then Sharjah

I liked whoevers suggestion it was (Beefy or Boycott I think) to just keep batting till we're all if (if we're all out...) then likely some way through day 4 the innings could be over and have a go on Day 5 with fresh bowlers at the Pakistan team, no ones winning this game now, we've batted too slowly today to make sure we stay in it, so just have as much time in the middle as possible.

Not sure this is allowed as the 5th day was rained off, but Atapattu carried his bat in the process of scoring 216 for Sri Lanka in their only innings v Zimbabwe in 1999.

Other than that, don't think it's been done for a match that got to a result. For that to happen you'd need either:

• an opener to carry their bat and then for his team to win by an innings, or
  • an opener to carry their bat twice in the same match

Thanks to whoever asked the question - good fun doing the research, which given it's now ten past one in the morning just goes to show what a sad old git I am....

Not sure this is allowed as the 5th day was rained off, but Atapattu carried his bat in the process of scoring 216 for Sri Lanka in their only innings v Zimbabwe in 1999.

Other than that, don't think it's been done for a match that got to a result. For that to happen you'd need either:

• an opener to carry their bat and then for his team to win by an innings, or
  • an opener to carry their bat twice in the same match

Thanks to whoever asked the question - good fun doing the research, which given it's now ten past one in the morning just goes to show what a sad old git I am....

Good work mate!

200 up for the captain. Unrelenting.

TBH had England held there catches you could say they've actually bowled far better than Pakistan.  I guess England will just pile on the runs in the 0.1% chance Pakistan dramatically collapse tomorrow, somehow.

By tea we should be up to there score, so a 100+ lead by the end of play, quick fire runs in the morning then get them in on this minefield...

The only way this will become a mine field is if someone comes along in the night and lays actual land mines. It would certainly be more watchable

Archived