IGNORED

England v Pakistan UAE tour.

EmersonsRed

I like the Ricky Ponting idea which is backed by all Sky pundits of the away captain having the ability to choose whatever he wants to do at the toss. Should make countries produce better wickets.

If a captain wins the toss isn't that what they do anyway?

Cook lost the toss yesterday and the Pakistani's opted to bat. Cook would have batted had he won the toss.

I like the Ricky Ponting idea which is backed by all Sky pundits of the away captain having the ability to choose whatever he wants to do at the toss. Should make countries produce better wickets.

Too much power, in countries where competitive wickets are produced it could decide series if the away team gets given the decision.

Moeen goes for 35. Dead track or not, he did well, he played against his natural game and didn't play any ambitious shots. However, his wicket showed his weakness... He loves bat on ball and unless he's really going for a shot he'll edge things often while opening.

Cook looking for his 3rd hundred since May 2013... Should do it really.

Moeen goes for 35. Dead track or not, he did well, he played against his natural game and didn't play any ambitious shots. However, his wicket showed his weakness... He loves bat on ball and unless he's really going for a shot he'll edge things often while opening.

Cook looking for his 3rd hundred since May 2013... Should do it really.

Sure Steyn. Morkel and Philander have noticed his weakness to the short ball.

Think he also has the highest average of any England player ever in Asia, in mid fifties I think... Over 36 innings

He certainly seems to like it there! I was just about to point out that he's over 1,000 runs this year before your second post there. I didn't realise he had that many. I suppose he's had a lot of good scores without many centuries recently.

Beating Tendulkar's record to 10,000 would be a remarkable achievement.

Another remarkable record for Cook is on the horizon, has around 550 runs to go to reach 10,000 test runs. If he does it in the next year he'll beat Sachin Tendulkar to become the fastest ever to reach it... Crazy.

Also this innings brought up his 1,000 runs in 2015. 

Why I thought of Monkeh the other day as I remember he wanted Cook out of the England team.

I loved the stat yesterday that there are now only two scores not reached in test cricket between 1 and 250 after Malik's 245.

Cracking that mate. What are the 2 numbers, do you know?

Why I thought of Monkeh the other day as I remember he wanted Cook out of the England team.

******* imagine. I mean seriously. We struggle to find an opener to partner him. I think since the West Indies series even his captaincy has improved, his fielding positions are becoming better and better.

I love Ian Bell, technically phenomenal, however he needs to turn this 50 into 100, something he's failed to do as of late.

Cracking that mate. What are the 2 numbers, do you know?

Shoaib Malik makes the first ever score of 245 in Test cricket. Only 229 and 238 left to complete the full set of scores from 0 to 250. 

******* imagine. I mean seriously. We struggle to find an opener to partner him. I think since the West Indies series even his captaincy has improved, his fielding positions are becoming better and better.

Tom Abell will be that man.. just give him another 12 months or so. 

Archived