IGNORED

Prediction League: Nottingham Forest (H)

RedYoshi

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FOREST.

FRIDAY.

EFFED UP.

Sorry, one and all. Manic week this end, haven't managed to get on here at all.

Seeing @HLR's suggestion in the other thread has made it tempting to not bother, see if it helps... but sod it, I'm here now.

Speaking of omens, though, our matches in front of the Sky cameras last season:

3-0 v Swindon (H), 0-3 v Peterborough (A), 1-2 Sheff Utd (A)

Three goals is probably a good bet then, and let's hope we still have our knack of playing up to the cameras.

Vote in the poll for:

Result

Scoreline

HT Scoreline

First goalscorer

Specify in a post (if desired):

Other goalscorers

Goal timings

BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION

"Shall we go down to Bristol?"

"It's on Sky, isn't it?"

"Ah yeah, can't be bothered then."

Guess The Away Attendance

Absolutely spot on: 5 points

Within 15 either side: 4 points

Within 30 either side: 2 points

Within 50 either side: 1 point

If nobody is within 50, the closest will get 3 points

WILDCARD MATCH(ES) OF THE WEEKEND

Yep, as this thread is so disastrously late, it seems only fair to extend the point getting window, so there is a match per day.

Saturday: Burnley v Bolton

Sunday: Derby v Wolves

Correct scoreline: 2 points

Therefore, while I obviously won't accept City predictions beyond kick-off tonight, feel free to pop in wildcard predictions up until their respective kick-off times.

PREDICTION DEADLINE: 19.45 BST, Friday 16th October, 2015

Just do it.

Super Yoshi...

City 2 The Snots 0

Kodjia 10

Cox 55

HT 1-0

Wildcard match, bonus of 2,.. she's here now na... but anyway... this is a good bonus match no kosh nosh?....

I propose the following match, since there are only 2 going on tonight of any significance, is:-

Ross County 1 Aberdeen 2

and the final question for a bonus, I suggest of 2, is as follows:-

Will Del McInnes still be in charge tomorrow.. i say... YES.

Feeling super confident today or just going slightly mad I'm going for a 3 - 0 win for the boys

Kodjia 10 mins

Flint 28 mins

Cox 88 mins

Not having a clue what our away capacity is and taking into account its on a Friday night and on telly I'll go for 512 florist fans

In the 2 other games I'm going for:-

Burnley 4 - 2 Bolton

Derby 2 - 1 Wolves

Goal Scorers & Times:

Freeman  (33)

Lansbury  (56)

Hobbs      (83)

BEFTP:

Away Attendance: 812

Wildcard:

Burnley   Bolton

2            0

Derby      Wolves

1               2

Here you are at last. I was wondering about home falls, and lonely dogs pawing at your face but it's worse than that: Forest at home.

Cox to score first on 64 mins; Codger on 76 mins

Away attendance exactly 979.

Burnley 2 - Bolton 1

Derby 1 - Wolves 1

The night it all comes good, :pray: and City fans, at last, we'll merry be on our exit from Ashton Gate.

Bristol City 3 Nottm. Forest 1

H/T 1-1

First goalscorer: Freeman 17 mins.

Other goalscorers: O'Grady 38, Kodjia, 53, Flint 84

Deflated Forest travellers: 843

Burnley 2 Bolton 0

Derby 1 Wolves 1

Right then. In another bout of wild optimism, I'm going for a City win again - first time I've had the same result consecutively, maybe it can change something?!

CITY 3-2 FOREST

(1-1)

1st half

Flint 27' - Our ol' reliable will rediscover his goalscoring prowess as he powers home a Pack delivery (corner or free kick, not sure which, my crystal ball is dusty). This despite withstanding a lot of pressure early on.

Lansbury 30' - City's joy, as ever, is short lived, with Forest not letting the goal disrupt their play and continuing to lay siege to our goal. Frankie will make a decent save from O'Grady's shot, but Lansbury will be on hand to gobble up the rebound.

Half time

The queues won't be any better, there now won't be enough toilets for the ladies, and they still won't have tuned their Freeview box properly so that the screens in the corners of the South Stand work.

2nd half

Kodjia 59' - Much more even start after the break, and a decent little one two on the edge of the box puts Kodjia in to dink a finish into the far corner - with his right foot, of course.

Cox 64' - City do indeed continue to attack this time, instead of trying to protect the one goal lead, and it pays dividends as Cox gets a debut goal, tapping in a low, whipped cross from Bryan. Injures himself during the celebration, though, and is sent back to Reading almost immediately.

Blackstock 83' - Despite us continuing to push forward at every opportunity, it seems that attack is merely the best attack and not the best defence, as our defence still suffers and we concede to set up a nervy last 10 minutes. Everyone then gets very confused as we complain about our naivety in continuing to attack when we should be able to see the game out, despite arguing exactly the opposite for the past two weeks, but ultimately we will hold on for the win - so having an attack that is the best attack, whilst not being the best defence, gives us the best chance of defending a lead for that lead will be bigger so it won't matter when we can't defend it. Of course, had we not attacked but instead defended, we may not have had the best attack, so may not have scored 3 goals, but shouldn't have let in 2 goals, because our defence would have been better than our attack, so would've won anyway. Possibly. Then we all realise that none of it really matters, because we won. (Or we didn't, because my predictions are rarely that accurate).

Away Attendance

Wildcards

Burnley 3-1 Bolton

Derby 1-0 Wolves

Archived