IGNORED

atmosphere tonight

Hartcliffe red

You could in the South Stand other than for a few minutes after each goal, but it's been noted before that the sound doesn't seem to travel from the Atyeo end. 

Don't be so prescious!

As many have mentioned before one of the main problems is the massive empty space right next to the singers. From now on though, every passing week will result in a bit more of the structure and so the "hole" will become less of an issue. 

What a difference tonight.in the atyeo it was rocking at times,also could hear dolman and ss well.really enjoyed it.coyr!!!!!!!

Sat in the centre of the Dolman ( as always), the Atyeo could be heard but it was at very low volumes. Am guessing it is to do with the acoustics but seems  a shame.

it sounded great on TV, never heard Florest once all game.

Bound to sound different when the new stand is completed.

really!?!

"singing on our own"

"2-0 and you still don't sing"

that was not coming from city fans! 

Ashton Gate needs to rock again and I suspect we may be waiting a while until the redevelopment has finished and we fans bed in

You could in the South Stand other than for a few minutes after each goal, but it's been noted before that the sound doesn't seem to travel from the Atyeo end. 

Don't be so precious!

Thought it was pretty good in fairness.

Sounded superb to be honest

Too many precious people on this thread for my liking.

really!?!

"singing on our own"

"2-0 and you still don't sing"

that was not coming from city fans! 

Ashton Gate needs to rock again and I suspect we may be waiting a while until the redevelopment has finished and we fans bed in

Dont come round here with your facts! 

Reality is atmos at AG has been poor for a few years and is nothing like it was during 'that' season under GJ - which was the point I was making in the other thread. 

Even last year, considering we pissed the league, it was poor most of the time. 

Nope didn't hear it.

Heard their songs from the South Stand but thought their support was far and away the quietest we've had at the Gate all season - very poor.

I still reckon atmosphere at AG is better than at most other grounds based on away games I've been to.

It sounded pretty good to the superfans who actually went down :whistle2:

And you're right, the missing stand does make a difference. 

It sounded pretty good to the superfans who actually went down :whistle2:

And you're right, the missing stand does make a difference. 

I should have been there tonight, but had to change plans when the sale of my house fell through, but have booked a holiday for later in the season, so you might have to buy me a pint.

PS:- i've got a Jack Russell keen on meeting Horace.

Was back in the Atyeo tonight for one game and although I think the South Stand will be fine in time, it's going to be a while before the atmosphere in there will be as good as it was in the Atyeo this evening. Wife and I were about as close to the Forest fans as you could get and she said 'their songs need to be context sensitive'.

By which she means they were banging on about '2-0 and you still won't sing' even though the Atyeo clearly was and fewer and fewer Forest were singing as the game went on. As Mr Bibs wrote above, they were disappointing although they let Freedman and their players have it at the end.

Nothing will beat the East End though, we were very lucky with that low roof. However, that's in the past now and we need to deal with the future :-)

Archived